Forums » Elder Scrolls

Please tell me what race is the most similar to native Americans

• July 19, 2015 1:11 PM EDT

They don't consider themselves human, mer or beasts, they're a truly evolved/superior race. I believe that qualifies them as their own race, plus they have their own culture, facial features and habitats. 

Plus the creator kit has vampire as a race.

• July 19, 2015 1:16 PM EDT

OBJECTION! Sanguinare Vampir is a disease, vampirism isn't! You're hanging out with vampire haters too much.

Oh hell yeah no way in hell would Conner side with the Empire xD he's all about independence. I guess that takes Forsworn out of the equation since no way in hell would a Forsworn join the Nords. The Nords are the bastards they kicked them out of their homes in the first place.

• July 19, 2015 1:38 PM EDT
    I'm actually a vampire lover. I love how I turn into a giant demon looking thing. And I meant to say the disease name, but I was just too lazy to go search the name up and spell it correctly XD I think a spear would fit a Bosmer perfectly. WHY BETHESDA WHYYYYYYY???? WHY NO SPEEEAAARRRSSS
    • 485 posts
    July 19, 2015 1:59 PM EDT

Your argument is flawed on many levels. Sanguine Vampiris I think is what the disease is called that gradually turns them into vampires.

The creation kit lists vampires as a race. Thats simply the way the game is structured and has little bearing on what vampires are in TES lore. Your claim makes little sense when one considers that children and elderly are also listed as separate races in the game. 

Back to vampires now. If left unchecked vampires will prey on mortals like cattle. You'd be glad to have a force fighting for your protection too, if there was something powerful and ancient above you on the food chain. 

• July 19, 2015 2:10 PM EDT

RULE 7

• 43 posts
    July 19, 2015 2:11 PM EDT

Based on what others have already said, I would have to agree and say that the most similar race to Native Americans are definitely the Bosmer (woodelves). Elves in general share many similarities to native Americans. If you look at it through a historical standpoint, both the Native Americans and the elves lived in harmony before other races landed on their shores (the colonists and the Atmorans). Also both groups were nearly wiped out by the "invaders" and driven back into hiding. I of course am referring to the falmer and the dwemer, who are pretty much extinct. 

• July 19, 2015 2:28 PM EDT
    Dwemer are extinct, falmer are mutated.
    • 394 posts
    July 19, 2015 2:32 PM EDT

Or are they...?

• July 19, 2015 3:27 PM EDT
    I'm glad dwemer are extinct. They're a cruel, torture-loving race. But falmer have adapted to they're surroundings, that all.
    • 394 posts
    July 19, 2015 3:33 PM EDT
    And they're not cruel and torture-loving?!
  • July 19, 2015 3:45 PM EDT
    I agree with shangri la.
    • 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:43 PM EDT

Praise has nothing to do with rights.

• 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:44 PM EDT

Why would they waste time and energy hunting multiple deer anyways? And besides, I have never heard of that being true.

• 1441 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:48 PM EDT
    Some videos that were made on how to make your character look like another used an Breton, like Connor is half Britsh and Native American, Bretons are descended from man and mer
    • 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:49 PM EDT

Technically it's negroid.

• 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:54 PM EDT

The beast races were there before the elves

• July 19, 2015 6:54 PM EDT
    Well you'd be wrong.
    • 1441 posts
    July 19, 2015 6:59 PM EDT
    Plus, the Skaal are Nordstrom, and most mainlanders have probably heard little of them
  • July 19, 2015 6:59 PM EDT
    So, anyone know about Bosmer tribes? There is barely any lore talking about Bosmer anywhere.
    • 131 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:03 PM EDT
    Well, it depends on which Native American tribe we're talking about. Which ones did you mean? They can be quite different in same way british and scottish people are different, which is culturally.

Each tribe/clan had their own gods and stories so which one of these did you mean?
  • July 19, 2015 7:03 PM EDT
    I mean Bosmer tribes, not Native American tribes.
    • 131 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:15 PM EDT
    I actually did not see your comment at all. I was actually asking so i could research myself.

While Bosmer look and feel the part, they pray to Y'ffre. The Mohawk people or or Kanien'keha:ka did practice nature religions but they were animistic and focused more on primal aspects of nature being well, animals respresenting the inhabitants of their nature. By that respect they are closer to nords when it comes to religion than they are Bosmer.
  • July 19, 2015 7:17 PM EDT
    I might not reply for a while. My phones about dead.
  • July 19, 2015 7:30 PM EDT
    Why are you people so caught up on Bosmer tribes? Every races has family groups.
  • July 19, 2015 7:38 PM EDT
    I'm thinking of a race based around ONLY tribes, not other races with small, tribal groups.