Forums » Elder Scrolls

Please tell me what race is the most similar to native Americans

• July 19, 2015 11:31 AM EDT
    Big words scare me!!! XD but in all seriousness are you saying Native Americans are also called Indian, or African-Americans being called negroes? I'm kinda confused, because I'm pretty sure African-Americans being called negroes isnt anthropology.
    • 1483 posts
    July 19, 2015 11:33 AM EDT

Site Rules, rule N7

Please keep discussions and statuses appropriate for the site. This is a place to discuss Skyrim, video games, and to have casual, friendly conversations. This is not the place to discuss political, religious or social issues. Any discussions deemed to be too political or controversial in nature, will be deleted.

• July 19, 2015 11:34 AM EDT
    What was said that offends that rule?
    • 485 posts
    July 19, 2015 11:41 AM EDT

This conversation is starting to go off on the wrong tangent here. I'd rather this not become a debate over white slavery vs native slavery, as it has absolutely nothing to do with which Tamriel race most resembles the native americans. Thats what is violating the rules

Please stay on topic. 

• July 19, 2015 11:46 AM EDT
    Alright. So, back on topic, I'm leaning towards the orcs, anyone else?
    • 394 posts
    July 19, 2015 11:47 AM EDT

In answer to your original question, and having reading all of the responses, I would suggest that there is no one single race that fits all the criteria you're setting and that you just have to go with the one that seems right to you, that ticks most of the boxes. How does that sound?

• July 19, 2015 11:49 AM EDT
    Makes sense. I just wanted other peoples opinions on this matter. I kinda think orcs are Sioux, just with Mongolian styled armor and weapons.
    • 394 posts
    July 19, 2015 11:54 AM EDT

I don't know enough about the respective cultures / races to make any sort of informed suggestions, sorry. I just think there's enough here already for you to make your own decision. If you're leaning towards Orcs: go for it! Even if isn't perfect you could still have fun with it, using your game knowledge & RPing to make it into something cool 

• July 19, 2015 11:57 AM EDT
    Alright.
  • July 19, 2015 11:59 AM EDT

Forsworn! If you make an orc he will have be from orsinium like all the other orcs, if you make a Breton he/she can be born and raised in Skyrim, have an opinion about everything and if join the forsworn faction by completing "The Forsworn Conspiracy" the other forsworn in The Reach won't even attack you (as long as you wear the Armor of the Old Gods and stay out of their camp.)

• July 19, 2015 12:01 PM EDT
    Some orcs are from orsinium, some are from tribes. It kinda varies.
    • 1483 posts
    July 19, 2015 12:06 PM EDT

I don't know enough about native Americans but based on my knowledge of TES races and the 7 point list you have on page 2, I suggest Bosmer. 

They are referred to as savages and respect the nature (Green Pact), they have few rights (there is even a Rite of Theft - they steal from each other, and upon return of the stolen item, they demand a boon commensurate to the item's worth). Based on ESO info, there are many Bosmer tribes, especially in the heart of the Valenwood, following strange customs like Mourning Wars (Source). According to the Altmeri creation myths, they are descendants of the Aldmer but evolved in a completely different way.

The only points missing are polygamy and being native to Skyrim (Orcs are not native to Skyrim either though). 

• July 19, 2015 12:08 PM EDT
    Polygamy is actually rare in Native American tribes. I just noticed a tribe similar to orcs. But you make a good point.
  • July 19, 2015 12:08 PM EDT

I guess, I just don't really like the brute orcs. For as mean looking as they are they're pussies, I mean they just give me bad looks when I mine all their Ebony. The native americans would attack white devils on sight, at least before they thought they were gods (the native americans in my island thought the Europeans were gods because they were white and came to the island out of nowhere)

• July 19, 2015 12:11 PM EDT
    Alright, thanks for the input. Now I'm just stuck in between the Bosmer and the Reachman.
    • 66 posts
    July 19, 2015 12:20 PM EDT

Ben, ben, ben... Native american isn't dumb, Amerindians had their ethnogenesis in the Americas.  It's way different from an Asian coming to america and having kids here. Amerindians have their own genetic plot and ethnic groups.

• July 19, 2015 12:20 PM EDT

I'm curious, why Bosmer?

I mean yeah it makes sense but native americans relied heavily on their tribes. There are no Bosmer tribes and from my knowledge they're part of the Aldmeri Dominion, the most you could do is take Faendal as a follower <(o_o)>

• 1483 posts
    July 19, 2015 12:26 PM EDT

There actually are Bosmer tribes. See my comment below.

• July 19, 2015 12:28 PM EDT

I mean there are no Bosmer tribes in Skyrim, so unless there's a mod that adds them he'll be all alone. And Native americans never went anywhere alone.

• July 19, 2015 12:49 PM EDT
    I can always get the Bosmer woman from DG and equip her with Forsworn armor :D
  • July 19, 2015 12:53 PM EDT

Oooh, I wouldn't know. I can't join the Dawnguard for the same reason I can't join the Stormcloaks. They're racist!!!  

Also will she even equip it? Dawnguard armor has much higher AR than forsworn o_O  I know Serana refused to wear Forsworn armor until I smithed it up to Exquisite.

• July 19, 2015 1:01 PM EDT
    How are the Dawnguard racist? Also, on a side note, you can RP that if you join the Stormcloaks, your showing that not all the races are bad.
  • July 19, 2015 1:04 PM EDT

How are they racist? The only wanna wipe out an entire race from existence, they even go as far as attacking their Castle in the middle of nowhere!

The Empire already knows not all races are bad, plus Ulfric is an idiot who just looks cool and has an epic voice.

• 288 posts
    July 19, 2015 1:06 PM EDT

Since when vampires are a race?

• July 19, 2015 1:07 PM EDT
    In a sense, vampirisim is a disease. And even if they do wipe them out, Molag Bal can make more. And for my AC3 Connor BUILD I'm gonna join the Stormcloaks because they remind me of the blue coats.