Forums » Elder Scrolls

Please tell me what race is the most similar to native Americans

• 66 posts
    July 19, 2015 12:08 AM EDT

If that's why, then give up, npcs are going to use your race's name anyway.

• July 19, 2015 12:09 AM EDT

1,2,4,5,6 and 7 apply more to the Forsworn >_>

• July 19, 2015 12:12 AM EDT
    If you ask about the gourmet the bartender will say"Oh, he talks real good, not a SAVAGE at all." Also sorry if when I capitalize words it sounds like I'm being a jerk, I'm on phone so I can't underline.
  • July 19, 2015 12:15 AM EDT
    And think about how they're used, and then cast aside. Little rights, right? And you can ask shamans about the orcs and they will say that they've been they're way longer than nords.
    • 66 posts
    July 19, 2015 12:18 AM EDT
    I really think that you are overthinking and overreacting. Just pick a race and enjoy your game, geez.
  • July 19, 2015 12:21 AM EDT

Isn't that exactly what the Nords did to the Reachmen(bretons)?  o_O   

• July 19, 2015 12:22 AM EDT
    Hmm. Good connection, but in terms of social structure(which, BTW, is what Im thinking of) its norse Scandinavians.
  • July 19, 2015 12:24 AM EDT
    Yeah. This topic really makes you think, doesn't it! But the nords, in reality, are the typical hypocrital racist a-holes. Not all, but most.
  • July 19, 2015 12:45 AM EDT
    I actually wasn't thinking of the Reachmen until Naeg mentioned them. That's what got me to go from "hmmm", to " They're racist", just so everyone knows and I'm not just switching opinions left and right.
    • 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 3:37 AM EDT

So you're ruling out the Nords because they are too racist? Racism is never a one-sided thing.

• 558 posts
    July 19, 2015 3:43 AM EDT

2. What makes you think they respect the land?

4. Please tell me where it says Orcs have less rights than everyone else.

5.The Nords didn't force Orcs to do anything. It is just the nature of Orcs that makes them too good to live with everyone else.

• 10 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:12 AM EDT

Well, if you remember Morrowind, the Dumner had tribes all over. Shamans and warriors were in them.

• July 19, 2015 7:53 AM EDT
    You act like the reachmen didn't take it from someone else.
  • July 19, 2015 8:02 AM EDT
    Oh boo-hoo. Equality is a social construct. In nature, no one us equal. The Forsworn are the reach equivalent of the Thalmor. Outdated and radical. "B-but racism!" So freaking what. It's a part of things. Down to the very tribal groups. The Forsworn are like the Apache, fighting a war the know they won't win. They might put up a great fight, but even Geronimo was captured and put on a reservation. Manadnach is no different. He'll get captured or killed, and then the Forsworn will just be something the Nords will tell their children about. Like we do with Geronimo.
  • July 19, 2015 8:04 AM EDT
    Indians enslaved other groups just because they were conquered and not of their group. Sounds like Indians were pretty racist.
  • July 19, 2015 9:15 AM EDT
    They respect the land. Let's say a hunting group is hunting a deer that will feed the stronghold for weeks. So, they only take THAT deer home to butcher it, and they don't hunt anymore.
  • July 19, 2015 9:17 AM EDT
    Orcs are often called ugly monsters by everyone, including the empire. So the empire decided to give orcish soldiers praise, and then cast them aside and treat them like dirt. See? Little rights.
  • July 19, 2015 9:23 AM EDT
    But the Forsworn, like Geronimo, don't deserve to have land taken away, women and children raped and killed, and men taken prisoner to be tortured. I thinknk its quite possible the Forsworn dealt in dark magic out of desperation for they're land back.And Reachmen is the correct name. The
    Reachmen have been really peaceful, and then ulfric came along, so a GROUP of Reachmen go and become forsworn.
  • July 19, 2015 9:25 AM EDT
    War is always going to be happening, and the Native Americans took prisoners, or slaves, of war. Once they're deed was done, they were set free.
  • July 19, 2015 9:28 AM EDT
    Hmm, I wonder if Ashlanders are the original dunmer, and they follow they're tribal traditions. Then some Dunmer made the fuedal Japanese system, and Ashlanders decided to keep to they're Tribes.
    • 622 posts
    July 19, 2015 9:42 AM EDT

No, that's not how it happened. The Chimer were cursed by Azura to become the Dunmer and relocated to Morrowind to make their home. Some Dunmer wanted to worship Daedra and the others wanted to worship the Tribunal, Thus, the Ashlanders and main Dunmer societies.

• July 19, 2015 9:44 AM EDT
    Oh OK. Thanks, I didn't know that.
  • July 19, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

No, they were forced to be slaves. As in Slavery. For life, or until the master's good pleasure to release them. 

• July 19, 2015 9:48 AM EDT

They are raiders. Just like the Apache. And their doom will be the same. 

• July 19, 2015 9:56 AM EDT
    But yeah, I'll agree I was wrong about the nords forcing orcs into strongholds. But they want to stay in strongholds to keep with traditions, they aren't too good.