Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which are your favourite spots for sightseeing in Skyrim?

• 277 posts
    January 11, 2015 10:39 AM EST

Hello everyone!

Lately I've been doing a lot of travelling by foot in Skyrim and I have more than once stopped to enjoy the views. I'm curious about something. 

Which are your favourite spots for sightseeing in Skyrim?

• January 11, 2015 10:47 AM EST

I love the Rift, especially above the cliffs and mountians near the border between Eastmarch. For some reason I just hate the Reach, though. I don't know why, I just do. I also like the sight from the mountians near Solitude, and around the plains of Whiterun.

• 35 posts
    January 11, 2015 11:34 AM EST

On top of the hill next to the Guardian Stones, overlooking the lake when its sunrise/sunset. With the forest in the background it just looks so beautiful. 

• 457 posts
    January 11, 2015 1:40 PM EST
    Not really a spot, but when Meridia tractor-beams me, I spend most of my time looking around at landmarks:

"You will enter my shrine, destroy Malkoran, and retrieve this mighty blade! Hello... I'm not boring you am I?"

"Hey, I can see my house from here!"

But really, the highest point of just about any cliffside or mountain does it for me. So many cool overlooks :D
    • 6 posts
    January 12, 2015 3:56 PM EST

I tend to get lost, deep in the lush forests around Falkreath, exploring or the east edge of the volcanic area bordering Morrowind

• 95 posts
    January 13, 2015 11:04 AM EST
    Absolutely agree. The place where you meet Sorine the fist time is very nice.
    • 253 posts
    January 13, 2015 8:53 PM EST

Everywhere. My weather, lighting, and texture mods with my enb makes all of Skyrim so incredibly beautiful. My breath is frequently taken away (semi-literally) walking around any old place. My is favorite place probably is Hjaalmarch because the fog and the swamp are just so atmospherically eerie, even though other holds offer more "grand views" (with Whiterun being my favorite of those types). Hjaalmarch <3 :

• 40 posts
    January 14, 2015 9:54 PM EST

what mods are you using?

• 3 posts
    January 14, 2015 10:32 PM EST
    Anywhere on top of a waterfall in a lush green foresty nature
    • 3 posts
    January 14, 2015 10:32 PM EST
    Or high hrothgar
    • 253 posts
    January 14, 2015 11:08 PM EST

I use the Wintertide ENB (with no climates of tamriel, has its own stuff) as well as:

• 1 posts
    January 18, 2015 6:23 AM EST

I tend to share them now as I go along but reach for definite all the views from high up just look amazing

• 1 posts
    May 20, 2015 10:24 PM EDT
    I like the volcanic springs between Windhelm and Riften. Also, the shrine of Meridia's view is nice, when she puts you in the clouds.
    • 47 posts
    May 21, 2015 10:41 AM EDT

I like the view of houses and huts in wilderness.

• 64 posts
    May 21, 2015 2:27 PM EDT

Japhet's Folly (Rise in the East), pre-fog removal, in the daytime. I swear the fog and the gloomy lighting as well as the endless ocean with all the glaciers makes for a extrememly surreal environment to simply stare out at. Seems fitting you only go there once

• 485 posts
    May 21, 2015 2:29 PM EDT
    Pretty much anywhere in the markarth region.
    • 203 posts
    May 21, 2015 2:52 PM EDT

I love Falkreath, not the town; the hold. I love getting lost in the woods, the problem is I know them so well that to keep things interesting I can't stop shuffling my landscape and flora mods around. While exploring my beloved hold I came accross a small brigand orc fortress, I don't remember it's name but any vétérans probably know the place I'm talking of. At the top of the hill lies the entrance to the local mines, forget about those and turn your gaze to the north. Walk up to the forge and just take in the beautiful landscape Kyne has so gently offered. That is one of my favourite spots in Skyrim, it's a bit annoying though that I have to kill those darn orcses every time I come through.

• 133 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:03 PM EDT
    I never fast travel, ever! Climbing the mountains surrounding white run or dashing through the forests of falkreath are my favorite things to do.
    • 72 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:28 PM EDT

Watch out guys, we have a necromancer loose on the site.

• 394 posts
    May 30, 2015 6:10 PM EDT

I fell in love with the Riverwood & Whiterun scenery straight away, then was blown away by Ustengrav. After that it was the amazing Eldergleam Sanctuary. After that for a long time my favourite area was the Hjaalmarch salt marshes, now it's the geothermal area south of Windhelm - which I affectionately call 'Rotorua' (a similar area in New Zealand). Oh, and I also love the 'frozen coast'. In short, Skyrim's scenery is great! That's why I walk everywhere