Forums » The Lounge

How are you in real life?

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:21 PM EDT
    LOL, last weekend was like the most peacefull weekend i ever had, my legs feel fine right now ;).
    • 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:25 PM EDT
    hyper? no, not by a long shot ;) i have a friend who has both autism and ADHD, he bites people :D
    • 739 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:33 PM EDT

If your below the age of 14 your body has not finished developing, if muscles are stimulated to grow quicker it can be harmful on your joints as tendons and ligaments increase in strength much slower than muscles.

Teenage weight lifters have to be especially careful not to develop faster than their bodies can keep up with...

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:39 PM EDT
    i,m 15, am i in the clear then?
    • 739 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:43 PM EDT

@Alduin

16 is the start of the safe zone for weightlifting, at least thats what ive always stated to youngsters over the years. 18 would be safest though, most people begin to peak at around that time.

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:49 PM EDT
    i dont do weightlifting, i,m just very active in general, mostly my legs ;)
  • April 12, 2012 7:24 PM EDT

It's not a stimulant... It's just healing.

It's natural - Not as many people eat things with much protein these days so it's healthy to get some extra from sources like protein powders.

It just heals faster and a little better, no biggy. It's not like trying to do Iron Arm :P You could seriously hurt yourself at my age doing that...

I'm not suggesting that he get some kind of 'muscle stimulant'. He just excersices a good bit every once in awhile and I was speculating that maybe he needs to heal more and the protein powder would help, not to mention that it's good for you and doesn't taste that bad if you just mix it in milk. (It is made of milk sooo )

But maybe you're just doing too much for your age. I don't know... Yeah, just ask your doctor about more info on what's going on.

• 75 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:33 PM EDT

I'm professional at work, but I do like to party... My name's Joe... and I like to party.

My childhood... was good, I moved around a lot; from Texas, to California, Colorado, Texas, and now I'm back in Colorado. I was homeless for a little, but it taught me a bit. I had family problems, but who doesn't now'a'days?  I'm still young, 20 years, and have a lot more life to live.

I'm happy where I am, but I'm always open to opportunities. 

• 739 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:45 PM EDT

@Jules da foool

No man! I wasn't calling protein a stimulant...

I meant that if you damage a muscle through exercise it is then stimulated to grow, stimulate a muscle too much and it can actually overtake the development of your tendons and cause problems if your younger.

This is more than likely what Alduins doc was referring to.

No i'm completely onboard with chomping down protein, although if you have a balenced diet in the first place you are probably pissing out alot of what you spend on whey protein. Never hurts to keep topped up though. Better than Mars bars...

• 75 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:54 PM EDT

Are you talking about Asperger's Syndrome, Alduin?

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 7:59 PM EDT
    I,m quite sure i have enough protein, i eat healthy things for most part, and 1 of those special protein things my father makes once a week ;)

The only problem i have is that i,m tired and cant sleep right now, ah well, nearly weekend :)
    • 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 8:04 PM EDT
    @Joe
    Its not entirely clear what i have, but asperger is supposed to come closest.
    • 75 posts
    April 12, 2012 8:12 PM EDT

I've know some people with it, perfectly normal, just seem a little awkward; they always seemed way more focused.

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 8:19 PM EDT
    sometimes i wish i could be more focused haha, as for akward, i do walk a bit odd, although one would have to focus to really notice it, not that it hinders me in any way. I,ve known several other people with autism or adhd, sometimes you dont even notice, a while back i met a girl who wanted to work with autistic children, she said she knew quite a bit about them, i asked her if she would reconize them when she sees them, she said yes, i asked her if she saw any now, she said no, there were 3 autistic people around her ;)