Forums » The Lounge

How are you in real life?

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 4:32 PM EDT

I think there have been several of these discussions, however, when Julian told me he was only 13 (14 now), I was like: wtf!?, there is really no other way to put it

And it made me realise how little I actually knew about how people on this site are in real life.

So, here is another getting to know eachother discussion 

Tell me, are you serious in real life? Childish? Or like me, having to be military school serious at one moment, and messing around a few minutes later, constantly changing, luckily, quite a few of my teachers can be childish too, so they can take it

Did you have a good childhood? A bad one? Still in it? (You dont have to answer this one, I realise not all people like to talk about it.)

Are you happy with where you are now? Or not at all? Well, it could always be worse

I'm only starting this discussion because I would like to know if people act the same way on this site as they do in real life.

I suppose I would have to go first ;)

As some of you know, I'm still in my childhood, I'm happy with where I am, I'm mostly happy with what happend in my life, plenty of bad things for sure, but also more then enough good things to make up for it, and the future looks bright enough, dispite the reccesion. And also dispite my autism, did I mention I have that on this site? I suppose not, people generally get the wrong idea, however people on this site are just extraordinary And wont judge too much I think, even though the fact that I have 20 friends i see daily outside of school, and that I was allowed in military school dispite my ''handicap" should say enough. Not to mention the raiding fridges part.

And like I said, I can be both childish and serious, my british family is ''upper class" so I have to watch what I say then ;) But my friends are well... like most Dutchmen (including me) tottaly nutts, in a good way though lol, its a bit like the Shivering isles I suppose, divided, yet they both belong to the same person.

I may have missed something important, because I'm writing this because I just can't sleep

• 54 posts
    April 12, 2012 4:48 PM EDT

My childhood is pretty good. I'm 14 years old and life as a freshmen is pretty good and manageable too. Skyrim definitely is on my mind a lot for the week. School can hamper my efforts, so I've been forced to restrict myself to focus on schoolwork. I'm pretty easy going and laid back and try to co-exist with others, even if they make tediously difficult to do it.

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 4:52 PM EDT

Ah, damn school getting in the way? I know all about it 

I work below my actual level now, i get good grades without having to learn, i do all homework at school, and as such, have nothing to do with school once the bell rings, thank the nine for that

• April 12, 2012 5:10 PM EDT

Hahaha, with this discussion focusing on it everyone is gonna know now

Lol, good. Let it spread

I'd have to say serious... I generally have a quiet/serious attitude where I just kinda stand with my arms crossed (Comon, it's comfortable ) and don't really smile... I remember I was the only one who completed the "try not to smile while the other person tries to make you laugh" game in 1st Grade  See  

But yeah, sort of quiet and serious I guess... Hehe, I also try to level my "Don't give a damn" skill.  So far I'd say I'm pretty good at it. I dance at wedding receptions, do Kung-fu (Some of the stuff you do was really embarrasing when I started out...), do Kung-fu in local parks, walk around in shirts that have holes at the armpit (*Clears throatt*...), put things I write on social sites etc.

I like Kung-fu... ALOT. I go twice a week and in a month in a half theres a good chance I'll be getting up at 5  to eat, digest some, and then go practice Kung-fu for 3 hours. then do some less hard Kung-fu for 2 hours... Ouch... Accelerated Graduation... I'm currently a Brown Belt and I get a new belt (If I pass the test of course) every 3 months after I get one. I still have the rest of Brown, then Brown/Black stripe, Red, Red with black stripe, then Black with White Stripe (The 'road' to black) then Black...

As for an actual job later I'm currently learning the Visual Basic programming language.  So yeah, it seems I'll most likely be a Web Developer later on... Make some good money, hopefully I may someday make enough money to start up a Kung-fu school.  THAT is my life's dream basically. Kung-fu... Soppy, soppy, soppy   Uhhh... so what else should I saw... Idk..

I like nutrition alot, I know alot of stuff and I eat pretty healthy (Thanks to my mom ) I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist and I like reading books alot. Harry Potter FTW   I'm really skinny. Like REALLY REALLY skinny. Over a year of growing alot I'm still 110... Every time I weigh myself. I guess I'm losing alot of weight... When I breath out all the way my stomach caves in at least an inch, maybe an inch and a half

I have lots of friends, and that includes you guys  Other than that... Uhhh I have 1 friend 'pending' and another that I see every once in awhile.

I'm homeschooled, F yeah HOMESCHOOL FTW  That's the main reason I can respond to people so much. I go to bed around 9-10:20 now  Because I need to be able to get up at 5 on Saturdays in the near future... I hardly ever listen to music (I like the Sound of Silence (Song included )) Uhhh what else... I think that's it maybe...

Anyway, cool Shannon-esque discussion Alduin  

EDIT: Dang, my posts are loooong these days :D

• 54 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:11 PM EDT

Aye doing work at school takes a half of it away, but then I gotta do the rest at home.

• 54 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:12 PM EDT

....i just looked at the pretty emoticons

• April 12, 2012 5:18 PM EDT

Oh, and of course sorta how ma lifes goin right now XD Thanks Neel for reminding me

I like games alot, so I play them a good bit. For now I'm switching between Crysis 2 MP and Skyrim for my Tales of Skyrim series/playing it a bit.

As for my actual life... It's going pretty good, school is easy, food is good (Taste and Nutritonally).

There're always things I need/want but really I got pretty much everything I need right now. I enjoy the comforts of a middle-upper class home with a Vitamix, leather couches, a large HD TV, a bed etc. Alot of times I find myself wishing I was older (Mainly cause I want to be able to drive places myself, namely Kung-fu ) but ah well, I can wait. Can't really believe I'm 13. It's funny, it seems like people would make it out you'd be really different when you turn 13, but really this is what I thought when I walked out the door the day after my birthday.

"Today, I -Julian Edwards walk out this door. The same exact person, just with a little different of a label from society and some a little more intimidated friends"Ok, I didn't actually think of the intimidated friends part but it is a bit true  My main/only for now friend is 2 years younger than me and very small for his age (Or maybe I'm just tall) and I know Kung-fu so he and his friends are kind of intimidated by me... Lol XD

Anyway. THAT should be it... Lets hope... Please XD

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:26 PM EDT

Dont worry about making long posts, Vix is not the only one who can get away with it

5 AM O_o i used to do that, for work, in total i made a couple of thousands doing that, got paid like a boss (well, atleast minimum wage for adult ;) then people starting checking if i was actually atleast 18, i was out quick But, i,ll never, ever, going to wake up so early again, it messes me up, the money was worth and wel spend though

As for being skinny dont worry about it ;) I,m quite skinny too, you weigh in pounds? i calculated you would be around 50 kilo's, i,m almost 85, but i,m also nearly 1.95 long, dont know about you though ;)

As for eating healthy, ummm, no comment :D Just kidding, i have healthy breakfast and dinner, but besides that, hell no

Is Kung-Fu your only hobby? I,m quite into football(real one ;) and free-running right now.

I laugh like, way to fast, but i like standing with my arms crossed too

• April 12, 2012 5:31 PM EDT

Lol, underage workin... Luckily that's only once a week I'd have to do that

Yeah, American sooo Pounds. Haven't measured myself since like fourth grade and I didn't see what it said, it was just for the Gym Teacher's Records (I could creme ona those classes nowadays  )

Lol, I like being skinny, it's better than being 'chub'

Preeeetty much... That, gaming, and reading I guess.

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:32 PM EDT

When i was 13 i had a moustach, i could buy beer then, not drive, though, in america you need to be 16 for that, but 21 to drink, here you need to be 16 to drink and 18 to drive, well, actually, 17 but with an experienced driver besides you.

Anyway, i grew my beard when i was 14, now, its a powerfull daedric artifact wich allows me to buy things i normally could not, and allows me to go to places i normally could not go

I have many upper-class things, i paid for them myself, well half of it up untill now, i have a large, rich family, but i worked hard for most of my money, i wont be too bothered about the recession, my uncle told me, if i could not find a job, i,m always welcome up in the old family castle up in Scotland, if i dont mind the cold 

Do you have a moustache yet?

EDIT- Just realised, that castle would be epic for acting like a Dovahkiin when winter is coming

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:35 PM EDT

ah yes, i read alot too, mostly stephen king ;) Gaming goes without saying

I,m skinny, but heavier then i look, then again, i,m tall, i even was "overweight" even though just a few years before i was "underweight". I really dont get these things do you?

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

I used to rest at school too, was so easy i had 3-4 hours left, my friends were still working, so i was like: F*ck it, and just slept in the middle of the class, most teachers alowed it because i would just mess around, others woke me up all the time, ohh, i showed them a thing or two

• April 12, 2012 5:41 PM EDT

Lol, I still have my 'peach fuzz'  Every time I've tried beer it tastes horrible... And when I had a tiny glass of badass fruity champaigne I got a stomach ache before finishing it XD

Lol, Beard at 14... That's pretty crazy. Where you tall? I can't see me getting by with anything even with the whitest, oldest, and longest beard ever... XD

Well of course you have upper class things, it's because you worked illegally as an 'adult' for awhile XD Child labor...

• April 12, 2012 5:44 PM EDT

You sound like you use your 'autism' to a advantage XD

You seem pretty 'sane' on here  Maybe you're just faking it...

• April 12, 2012 5:45 PM EDT

Lol, I don't read Stephen King, I have enough dark books already XD

Hehe, most of what you see on me is just muscle

Seriously...

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:47 PM EDT

School work was more child labor then that job

Well, i got my ID when i was 14, it says 1.90 meters on that, i,m a bit taller now.

As for the beard, i have no idea why i have it, but its a blessing to be sure

Haha, i went through that period too, but now i,m getting into whiskey, i,m partly scottish after all But not too much, never got drunk, much

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:50 PM EDT

Dont worry, i believe you

The docter says its unhealthy to make my legs any stronger for a while, i barely even trained them, but apparently they are too muscular for my age O_o, so thats why i run fast, and people always blame it on the long legs eh?

• April 12, 2012 5:52 PM EDT

Unhealthy? Wtf...

Ask him why.

Maybe you just need more protein, maybe your legs are really ripped and they need to heal. Protein helps heal ripped muscles if you didn't know... You should though

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:52 PM EDT

Lol, i must admit i have taken advantage of it on several occasions, but according to the ''experts'' i have it, atleast, if the diognose has not expired yet

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 5:57 PM EDT

My legs dont need healing 

I never listened to him anyway, i never really trained my legs, well, i do run and jog often, and ofcourse, ride a bicycle for 20 kilometers everyday, wich is like 12.4 miles.

I shall ask him though

• April 12, 2012 6:13 PM EDT

Oh, so you have those ultra chill pill things that make you a quiet zombie that smiles twice a year

Seriously though, I knew a kid called Daniel. He was really nice and really quiet and hardly ever smiled and even when he did he hardly did it at all.

Later I learned he was on meds to keep him calm... Sugar overload is my best bet >.>

• April 12, 2012 6:13 PM EDT

Lol!

I try to use them alot, they're fun ^.^

• 966 posts
    April 12, 2012 6:16 PM EDT
    i,m not on meds, not for 7 years, it never worked anyway ;)
    I know what you're talking about though, as for laughing, i laugh more like atleast twice every minute
  • April 12, 2012 6:17 PM EDT

Dude... Running and jogging as well as biking every day will definately make your legs stronger >.>

What I mean is, if you didn't know when you excercise you rip and wear your muscles. They have to grow back then. Protein and rest days are necessary for this... I'd suggest at least 1 day a week that you let your legs heal...

You should buy some whey protein  It'll make your legs heal faster and stronger.

You probably haven't given your legs a break in so long that they're super tired... take some days off XD

• April 12, 2012 6:18 PM EDT

Then... do you actually have Autism or are you just sorta hyper or something...

Like I said, you seem totally normal on here XD