Forums » Elder Scrolls

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 7:13 PM EDT

I have been currently soul searching and I still cant find a home class. I have been looking through all the classes, played quite alot of builds. But I still cant find what I fall into. 

If anyone can help me AT ALL it will be most appreciated. 

• 490 posts
    May 17, 2015 7:24 PM EDT
    Restartitis strikes again!

I always have this issue. Try writing down a list of all of your favorite skills and then try to rank them in order. If the first 5-7 skills on top could be mixed in some way, try to label it as a class and try and go for it with some playtesting.
    • 1483 posts
    May 17, 2015 7:26 PM EDT

I suggest creating your own. Preexisting builds are great but your own build will suit your personal tastes better. Open UESP Skills page. Look at the skills. The ones that appeal to you at the first glance are the right ones. You can create synergy with pretty much any combination, just need to figure out what to use. 

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 7:42 PM EDT

Thanks Guys! For the Help. Im doing what you both said now.

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 8:06 PM EDT

I gave All the skills numbers of importance from 1 to 10  and this is what I got.

Alteration:o          /Archery:8                        /Alchemy:0

Conjuration:0      /Block:7                             /Light Armor:7

Destruction:0      /Heavy Armor:1 or 2       /Lockpicking:3

Enchanting:0      /One-Handed:8               /Pickpocket:0

Illusion:0             /Smithing:6                      /Sneak:8

Restoration:0      /Two-Handed:0              /Speech:1

• 490 posts
    May 17, 2015 8:09 PM EDT
    You mean the higher the number the more important it is to you? Then by this I would say you fall into some sort of non-magical Rogue or Scout of some sort. Maybe a light armored skirmisher type? Pelt with arrows then rush in with a blade and shield?
    • 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 8:38 PM EDT

Yes Importance to me. And That sounds like me. I use Stealth as a upper hand. I don't intend to stay hidden forever but I will if I have to. Skirmisher, yes I do enjoy bloody combat and I use Archery for distance and picking off enemies from a distance while getting as much damage in before actual confrontation for a better assault. Swords yes but I haven't been to fond of Shields but I doenst mean I wouldn't use one, its just not preferred.

Does that sound weird or unconventional? I don't know what that would be classed as.

• 203 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:02 PM EDT

To be honest it is pretty much what I play as when I'm not testing builds or mods. So, no doesn't sound strange to me, it's a great playstyle, that makes more than a bit of sense to me.

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:18 PM EDT

Thanks! It felt weird because I havent really seen this type and it took my much testing to achieve the way so I didnt know how to go about it. Thank you for the support!

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 10:00 PM EDT

Is there anything that could help me on the blog about Skirmishers?

• 490 posts
    May 17, 2015 10:06 PM EDT
    • 68 posts
    May 17, 2015 10:19 PM EDT
    I would put this as a ranger type build. Outside of TES lore this would be a ranger build, swap smithing for alchemy and you have the standard fantasy game ranger. Depending how much you use the bow I would say Bosmer would be your ideal race, if you're not bow dependant you could use this for any race that's why I use this as a standard build either this or straight warrior which you're pretty close to as well. Minus sneak and lockpicking, plus heavy armor and restoration and you have a Paladin type. Minus sneak and lockpicking, plus heavy armor and two handed and you have a standard knight. This is an incredably versatile base to start with because it's just replace a couple of these with a couple of those and you got a new class while still being able to stick to what you do best.
    • 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 10:26 PM EDT

Thank You. I completely know how to play now thank you for the Help. 

• 161 posts
    May 17, 2015 11:17 PM EDT

Wow. I didnt see it like that. I've always seen myself as versatile but in some games like in Skyrim, it could get complicated.