• 404 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:15 AM EST
    You are in Dragonborn and in Marrowind.
    • 161 posts
    January 1, 2015 4:28 AM EST

Here's My sources

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lefthanded_Elf

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Lefthanded_Elves

Firstly they did defeat the Elves before Yokoda had sunken but not "Wipe" them "Out". Actually there no proof stating that the Redguards completely killed all of the Elves, also the Redguards are blamed for the Destruction of Yokuda (which is believed to the reason of the extinction of the Elves.) not committing Genocide.

The sources I've displayed both show that the only skills the Yokodans have shown to have we're taught by the Elves such as: Blacksmithing orichalc, making Scimitars and Seafaring. Especially ruling land and surviving desert-like environments.

Also a word of advise don't going around trying to correct everyone for small things like a smart ass especially minor mistakes in wording or sources! That kind of behavior morally acceptable by society and a horrible wake to NOT make friends and make bad reputations.

• 44 posts
    January 1, 2015 5:09 AM EST
    Definitely Dunmer. Such a great and detailed history on a level that makes the other races look like short and boring sunday comics compared to a novel. I really like their looks this time around too. Greatly improved from the blue blobs in oblivion.

Bosmer and argonians tie in second for stealthy guerrilla warfare badasses.

Altmer third because theres just something about them. That refined and regal bearing that is often the stereotype of their race is just impossible to ignore.
    • 585 posts
    January 1, 2015 9:00 AM EST
    My favourite race is without a doubt the Khajiit, they're perfect stealth characters, the Warriors look badass and their mages are so quirky they're cool.

My least favourite race is the Nords followed by the Dunmer. My reason for both these choices are primarily because they were so overhyped when the game first came out. Everyone I knew had a Nord as their first character, and the Dunmer were close behind in popularity. I also feel inclined to only do certain characters with the Dunmer, and I generally dislike the NPCs as well.
    • 145 posts
    January 1, 2015 9:33 AM EST

• 145 posts
    January 1, 2015 9:36 AM EST

I definitely agree with you on the Khajiit. They're perfect for just about anything because they look amazing in most armor. And you can't tell me a giant man-cat swinging around an axe isn't terrifying. 

• 133 posts
    January 1, 2015 10:14 AM EST
    Well said about the bosmer. They can also have red eyes btw.
    • 145 posts
    January 1, 2015 10:41 AM EST

Oh, yeah. 

• 404 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:15 PM EST
    True on the Nord part and I did play as a Orc for my second character. :P
  • January 1, 2015 1:42 PM EST
    I'll concede that the Left-Handers being exterminated isn't a guaranteed thing. Though at this point, the best they'll probably get is something similar to the Snow Elves, one or two isolated members left alive.

The wiki page you linked is the only thing I've found that mentions the Left-Handed Elves teaching the Redguards anything. It's also the only part of the wiki that doesn't have a source.
    • 31 posts
    January 1, 2015 3:13 PM EST

Dunmer are popular because we're hands down the best race on Tamriel you fool! If anyone wishes to argue this statement then I say May Azura Bless You dear sir. Now...time for some tea.

• January 1, 2015 7:44 PM EST

Well what I mean by pessimistic is that the Dunmer seem to give up easily to "fate and let themselves get herded around by the Daedra without much resistance, they're always like, "we're ill-fated, can't do anything about it, better just give up."

• 41 posts
    February 27, 2015 11:57 PM EST
    PRAISE HOONDING!!!
    • 41 posts
    February 28, 2015 12:03 AM EST
    I must give my love to the beast races. Who, in my opinion, have the best lore. I have to get a shout out to the Lilmothiit. They are friggin' vulpine! I have an obsession with foxes! The fact that I have been denied the chance to play as a fox-humanoid hurts me deeply.
    Least favorite? Nords and imperials. To me they're kind of bland. Like they are the Cheerios and cornflakes to elves and beast folks and red guards, fruit loops, cocoa puffs, and Reese's puffs respectively. I can appreciate the lore, but why be human when Vulpes can refer to himself in the third person? Does this one not agree?