Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Powerful Daedric Prince?

• November 15, 2014 6:01 PM EST

Mehrunes is probably the smartest daedric prince while the ones are either over-religious or just plain d****. Jyggalag has the most power however.

• 743 posts
    November 15, 2014 7:46 PM EST

Because he caused the Oblivion Crisis, and almost destroyed Tamriel.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 16, 2014 8:13 AM EST

Then wouldn't Molag Bal be better? His attempt at a planemeld lasted far longer than Mehrunes and required far more people to combat.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 16, 2014 8:21 AM EST

I'm calling this out as guar-shit. Mehrunes is certainly not the smartest. Hermaeus Mora gets that hands down, with Azura as a close second.

• 1441 posts
    November 16, 2014 11:38 AM EST
    Obviously Hermaeus Mora, he has vast amounts of knowledge, just give him a few minutes, and he'd come up with a counter strategy
    • 743 posts
    November 16, 2014 3:03 PM EST

That I forgot about, Molag Bal would certainly be one of the most powerful Daedric Princes, but all of them are a shadow of their former selves.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 16, 2014 3:10 PM EST

You didn't answer my question. If Mehrunes was the most powerful because of the Oblivion Crisis, then wouldn't Molag Bal be even greater since his Planemeld lasted even longer across a broader scale?

• November 17, 2014 2:57 AM EST

Hermaeus is smarter than him in some aspects, but I still think Mehrunes is the 2nd most powerful daedric prince.

• 1217 posts
    November 17, 2014 3:03 AM EST
    Is the Soul Cairn not a plane of Oblivion and the Ideal Masters not [a] Daedric Prince(s)?
    • 622 posts
    November 17, 2014 3:13 AM EST

Molag Bal. He terrorises mortals with vampires and invaded Tamriel to rip into his own realm. 

• 585 posts
    November 17, 2014 3:32 AM EST
    If it was all the Princes fighting each other in a straight up fight, I would guess either Molag Bal or Sheogorath would win, for brute strength or sheer madness respectively.
    However, if it was a fight in terms of followers, I.e. 50 followers fighting each other over a certain distance (a few miles), then Nocturnal would probably win. Her followers would disrupt and damage the enemies while they're simultaneously getting attacked by opposing forces. Then they would come in and clean ip the survivors. The only group I wouldn't expect this to work on is Herma-Mora's, but in terms of martial strength, Nocturnals would win against them.
    • 16 posts
    November 17, 2014 4:22 AM EST
    Boethiah - A Deity of deceit, secrecy, conspiracy, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority... Id say she wins no other daedra is as badass, wicked, powerful or dangerous as her. She would trick the other princes and then slit there thoughts one at a time...
    • 641 posts
    November 17, 2014 5:36 AM EST

No way would Boethiah be able to trick Old Herma 

• 1467 posts
    November 17, 2014 5:51 AM EST

Hmm. most powerful, it depends on what you consider power. Is it the realms they own or do they gain power from worshipers, or is how many people are effected by their realms. Within each one is different.  For me the first category would have Meridia as one of the most powerful along with Dagon Meridia is the patron of the energies of all living things, lets face it that's pretty powerful. I mean are Daedric Princes alive what about the Aedra. Dagon has Destruction and Energy to name a few, those are very powerful hell maybe more so then Meridia.

For my second idea it would be Azura, Boethiah and Mephala. They are all worshiped heavily by the Dark Elves, almost all of them in fact, and although we know that the Forsworn worship Daedra its not a whole race nor do we know which ones.

And for my final I would say Azura, Hermaeus Mora, Dagon and Sheogorath would be the most powerful. Dusk and Dawn effect everything, not just living things like Sheogorath and Herma Mora but everything. Herma and Sheogorath are both very powerful, every living thing has madness in them to some degree, but Dagon and Azura control larger domains. 

Sorry for the long debate i guess but I like discussing these sort of things where I'm given a broad subject with no boundaries, please forgive me if something is wrong from a Lore stand point or if there is a set reason they gain power, I'm no lore Pro.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 17, 2014 7:36 AM EST

Just a clarification on Azura. Dusk and Dawn shouldn't be taken as literal. They're symbols of her sphere, not her sphere itself. She is the beginning and end of changing, transitions, and prophecy.

• 1467 posts
    November 17, 2014 3:14 PM EST
    Ah thank you, I generally take things very literally and it's been awhile sense I've dealt with any Daedric Princes. I'd say that makes Azura even more powerful then, very powerful fields.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 17, 2014 4:12 PM EST

Daedric Princes become far more interesting when you consider their spheres in the abstract.

• 1467 posts
    November 17, 2014 4:18 PM EST
    True, like with most things. So maybe all the spheres are metaphors for things, to me they seem more like personality traits but maybe that's just being forever combined with their spheres of power. Heh what if they're literal spheres though, that would be interesting.

Looking at this you have to wonder what time period were judging their power from, we know thatDagon as weakened after the attack on Tamriel so who knows maybe Molag Bal is still weak, maybe Azura's is weakened from her appearance in Morrowind?
    • 16 posts
    November 19, 2014 12:40 PM EST

Yes she would! Herma Mora is wise true, but Boethiah's untamed wickedness would overthrow his knowledge with actions so unpredictably crazy, that any mind except her own would be unable to comprehend.   

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 19, 2014 12:55 PM EST

Except he's the Prince of Fate, shouldn't he know what Boethiah's going to do?

• 16 posts
    November 19, 2014 2:01 PM EST

Lord of Plots, Deceiver of Nations, Devourer of Trinimac. The Queen of Shadows, Goddess of Destruction, He-Who-Destroys and She-Who-Erases... Id like to see Mora beat that. Besides, it is possible to deceive Daedric Princes... even old Mora. 

• 641 posts
    November 19, 2014 2:08 PM EST

Reading out someones titles doesn't really prove anything

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 19, 2014 2:11 PM EST

I don't really want to get into a dick waving contest over who's favorite Daedric Prince is better.

• 16 posts
    November 20, 2014 9:55 AM EST

Haha I was starting to enjoy our super childish "my farther is stronger than your farther" type discussion 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 20, 2014 11:31 AM EST

Sanguine would probably win in such a contest anyway.