Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Kind Weapon and armor Ty pes do you want Bethesda to add in

• 3 posts
    April 27, 2014 5:05 AM EDT
    Improved unarmed armor. Like maybe really heavy, inflexible armor would make it harder to swing a punch, and spiked gloves (*cough*Stormcloak Officer Gloves*cough*) increasing unarmed damage.

Weapon-wise... Flails, spears, glaives, whips, scythes, and a trident. Plus projectile weapons: shurikens, hand axes and throwing knives.
    • 38 posts
    April 27, 2014 7:17 AM EDT
    I dont know if this counts as a "weapon" but i hope they do something with unarmed combat with kicking and all that ninja stuff
  • April 27, 2014 7:50 AM EDT

THE FORK OF HORRIPILATION needs to be in TES VI!

And using bottles in bar fights would be funny too. I would also love a new kind of mage staff, where the staff doesn't hold the enchantment, instead it channels your spells so you don't use magicka to cast the spell but instead drain the staff's charge.

• 56 posts
    April 27, 2014 8:17 AM EDT
    A nice addition to this is unarmed blocking. Not in the sense that you'll actually block a weapon with your bare hands, but a parry of sorts. Or better yet, a Quick Reflexes-type perk that lets you dodge a power attack.
    • 15 posts
    April 27, 2014 9:02 AM EDT

How about this time they add matching and not missing sets with no bugs in the smithing itself ... That would be great aside from new armors and weapons

• 1441 posts
    April 27, 2014 11:56 AM EDT
    Whiles would be kinda hard to pull off. There was a Skyrim mod that added a Castlevania's Combat Cross, and it used Miraak's sword animation
    • 285 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:20 PM EDT
    The physics and coding required to do that would be insane.
    • 285 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:33 PM EDT
    I would love a wider variety of weapons(ie. cutlasses, one handed hammers, a variety of pole arms, sabers, etc.), splitting up short bows vs longbows would be wonderful.

Armor needs an overhaul, in my opinion we need at least an option for all of those ridiculous impractical horns and spikes... The other thing about armor is that plate is way overused and we needed more chain and scale armor, a return of Chain and Mithril from Oblivion would be welcome.
    • 93 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:46 PM EDT

Don't quite see how that is OP. If you threw it at an enemy, OTHER enemies would still be standing and you would have to continue fighting without the spear or go retrieve it. 

Clearly, we disagree here, but if this weapon was included, you would by no means be required to use it. 

• 15 posts
    April 27, 2014 12:55 PM EDT

I see someone has been playing Mount & Blade Warband I love the combat mechanics in that game!

• 7 posts
    April 27, 2014 4:24 PM EDT

TES VI should  have a more realistic and hard combact system. I really like Dark Souls battle system, the blows of the sword are great and the recoil is real ... 

For the first-person view, I like Kingdom Come Deliverance, I think it has a best battles and animations than TES Games.

• 1217 posts
    April 27, 2014 8:47 PM EDT

Why not include worn and equipped items towards carry weight? Those things weigh you down in real life, so if realism is what you're going for, might as well go all in. Does the carry weight of worn/equipped items in Skyrim bother you a lot?

• April 28, 2014 9:56 AM EDT

Guns. Not necessarily gunpowder based, but certainly a gun of some type. Like a rail gun, or an air gun.

• April 28, 2014 9:57 AM EDT

Hahaha

• 661 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:04 AM EDT

Or just no guns in general. 

• 56 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:07 AM EDT
    I dont think there are more technologically advanced race in tamriel besides the dwemer. But if they somehow make them come back, then thats cool. :-)
    • 1441 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
    Guns could work, the Medieval firearms sucked though, there was a chance they could explode in your hands.
    • 856 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:49 AM EDT

I would like to see a lot more variety of the already existing weapon and armor types. I would also like to see:

Weapons: Spear (melee), Pole-arms/axes. Staves. Unarmed combat, Settable traps, Nets, Throwing weapons (axes, knives, javelins, etc. - with the ability to recover the weapon), Chain and weight weapons (eg flails)

Armor: The return of medium armor, chain mail, unarmored (better dodging)

Some additional comments:

Skirted armor: I don't know why people are so upset about this armor type. It was used by various countries/armies in the past. High boots (greaves) can protect the shins while the skirted armor itself protect the thighs. I would like to see more variety of 'skirted' and 'non-skirted' armor types in the next installment, with appropriate movement penalties.

Guns: no. I don't like the idea of guns entering TES. I would compromise and accept a single shot (long reload) air gun based on dwemer tech.

Mounts: I don't want to see any mounts in the next installment of TES unless they do a much better job with this. Plus if I can fight from horse back, I want my opponents to have that option as well. (I'm glad I mentioned spears/pole-arms earlier).

Encumbrance: Better encumbrance rules. The TES team should experiment with real people and see how much people can actually carry, how it affects their movement, and how they need to pack. I would like to see pack animals (so I can actually carry my loot). This opens up the possibility for (a return of) magic items/spells that reduce the weight of carried items.

Spells: Can I get a lot more utility type spells? I mean stuff like - alteration spell, color change - changes the color of clothing...summoning, conjure warm glass (horn) of mead, illusion - charm (raises speech temporarily). I would also like to see some variety on combat spells. Perhaps we can see a return to spell designing in the next ES.

Edit: No cut-scenes. No interrupting combat by a person wanting me to hold something for them. KO's (ability to knock out opponents without killing them - oh, add 'sap' to weapon list), Opponents that actually surrender. Also some calculations with weapon type vs armor type

• April 28, 2014 10:49 AM EDT

Blocking with staves. Boethiah help me, all I want is to block with a goddamn stave!

• April 28, 2014 10:52 AM EDT

Got to get through plate armor some how. 

• April 28, 2014 10:53 AM EDT

What about a rail gun? Magic driven. Armor piercing. 

• 856 posts
    April 28, 2014 10:58 AM EDT

Make it difficult to obtain, and have a long recharge time, and I may let it creep into my fantasy setting a little (but I'll probably still look the other way)

• April 28, 2014 11:04 AM EDT

Haha. It's happening. I'll make it happen. 

• 1441 posts
    April 28, 2014 11:22 AM EDT
    You could make a medieval rifle, they exited, they sucked and were only single shots through.
    • 1441 posts
    April 28, 2014 11:23 AM EDT
    You can do that with the non enchanted staves in Draginborn.