Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Army Would Be the Best?

• January 29, 2014 11:36 PM EST

Nah. You're wrong. 

• January 29, 2014 11:37 PM EST

Ever hear of the Spanish armada? Doesn't matter how good you are, you can still get sunk. 

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:41 PM EST

Spanish Armada wasn't that impressive. The Dutch had an invasion fleet 4 times the size.

• January 29, 2014 11:43 PM EST

I'm saying that they were the best in the world, and all it took was a storm to screw them over. Now, I'm speaking english instead of spanish. Dutch was never an option for me. 

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:49 PM EST

Storm happend after they were defeated.

You might as well have been speaking Dutch right now, when people had to decide wether the Americans would speak Dutch or English, English won by a single vote.

• 338 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:52 PM EST

Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that most of America was British colonies. 

• 338 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:54 PM EST

I have to agree with Shor. Most of Cyrodiil is lowlands. Nothing hard about moving an army through those. 

• January 29, 2014 11:58 PM EST

Especially  MY army. Blitzkrieg, baby!

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:58 PM EST

I think you missed the point. A lot of the population at the time spoke Dutch, especially the richer, more influential people. Wich is why there was major debate on wether the main language would be Dutch or English. English got 1 more vote.

• 966 posts
    January 29, 2014 11:59 PM EST

It's the thing stopping his armies wich he should be worried about.

• January 30, 2014 12:01 AM EST

New york? please. That's STILL not America. Have you ever been there? It's a cesspool of so many cultures, it might as well be an international trading post. Not to mention the smell.  And no, the smaller english ships were able to maneuver in the storm, while the bigger and better spanish ships couldn't and they sunk 

• January 30, 2014 12:04 AM EST

What's stopping my armies? A few hills? MY ARMIES COME FROM THE MOUNTAINS! Don't be silly. In open fields, the shield wall will do fine. I wonder were the Imperials got it from? Couldn't possibly be their Nord cousins to the North, who made the bulk of Tiber's army, could it?

Even IF I see a force that might be a problem? Why would I engage them? That's stupid. I fight on my own terms. 

• 966 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:06 AM EST

The combined navy of the English and the Dutch also outnumbered the Spanish Armada. Especially after the Dutch cut the Spanish of from any reinforcements.

At the time New York was extremely important, the language chosen there would be the language of the US. Also just so happend New York was founded as New Amsterdam, wich is why so many people in New York (and plenty of other areas) spoke Dutch.

• 3 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:07 AM EST

Redguard,  Orcs, and the elves that be gettin high.

• 966 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:08 AM EST

The bulk of Tiber's armies consisted out of Colovian Legions. As have all the Empire's forces before his.

You think a simple shield wall is all you'll need against an enemy who has conquered the continent several times? And whatever you got planned, you'll have a hard time forcing the Legion out to fight on your terms.

• 127 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:13 AM EST
    How are they gonna see the khajit? Khajit are super stealthy.
    • 966 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:19 AM EST

Sure, the entire Khajiit army able to blink out of existence and appear behind the enemy at any time as often as they'd like. Yeah, totally realistic.

• 3 posts
    January 30, 2014 12:40 AM EST

"Peace, not war." Says the "high" elves'

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 6:51 AM EST

• 127 posts
    January 30, 2014 2:52 PM EST
    Yupp
  • January 30, 2014 3:11 PM EST

Bretons for their defensive magic and conjuration.

Orcs as front troops to tank and dish out serious damage.

Altmer for offensive magic (fireballs ftw).

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:13 PM EST

How are you going to coordinate between High Rock and the Summerset Isle with so much distance and a whole region between them?

• 661 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:13 PM EST

Argonians, Altmer, and the Bretons would be my choice of an alliance. The locations of their provinces are beneficial to maintaining a strong presence on Tamriel. I am not too worried about how they'd communicate. The way I see it the Altmer, and the Bretons could work some sort of magical means to relay messages back and forth.

• 338 posts
    January 30, 2014 3:17 PM EST

Communication is the #1 absolutely most important thing for a unit to perform properly and effectively.

• January 30, 2014 3:18 PM EST

By sea. The Altmer are not that great in numbers, and they have a navy. They will sail to High Rock where they unite with my Breton and Orc forces. From there, I would march to Hammerfell and then to the Imperial City.