Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Most Beautiful Character

• February 2, 2014 2:51 AM EST
    'All DLC is already content in the game, you are simply paying for cut content...'
    ...No
    • 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:06 AM EST
    So you seriously believe that they created dawnguard for skyrim in 6 under?
  • February 2, 2014 3:18 AM EST

It's possible. I've never played any of the Skyrim DLC.

You said 'All DLC is already content in the game, you are simply paying for cut content...' so I assumed you where saying all DLC. As in all DLC for all games.

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:22 AM EST
    Yeah... It is... Game developers have stated before that all DLC is content they already created but were told to cut so they could make extra money. The only exception I have ever heard of is the extended cut DLC for mass effect, and the scenes there took 2-4 months to make and it was a total of 30 minutes of content. Dawnguard is at least 12 if you rush through it and don't fast travel and explore everything that it added... It is impossible to make in under 6 months
    • 966 posts
    February 2, 2014 3:36 AM EST

Good DLC: Content created after the game, like Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Bloodmoon, Tribunal.

Bad DLC: Things that were, or should already have been in the game: Like Hearthfire and the infamous Horse Armour DLC.

Saying all DLC is cut content is retarded.

• February 2, 2014 3:38 AM EST

Agreed

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 9:18 AM EST
    It's kinda cute that you believe it is created after... It's adorable... Like when you see a baby try to walk and they fall down...
  • February 2, 2014 9:31 AM EST
    "Game developers have stated before that all DLC is content they already created..." I didn't know all game developers ever were conglomerated into a single entity.
    • 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 9:34 AM EST
    Yeah, it is weird how they now all work together :P
  • February 2, 2014 3:16 PM EST

Certainly many and most DLC is crap, I mean look at Rome 2. However, it's stupid to put a blanket statement on something like that. There are so many games, so many developers.

You can't expect that all DLC, Expansions, and the like are cut content. I suppose it's probably worse with the smaller selection of games on consoles, but that doesn't make it true.

• 700 posts
    February 2, 2014 7:07 PM EST

Redguard I recently made, played, and abandoned.  Don't remember her name.

High Elf, Stormcloak General, archer.  His name starts with a C...  Photobombed by Angeline. 

• 1913 posts
    February 2, 2014 7:17 PM EST
    You recently made her... Abandoned her... And forgot her name... Father?
    • 700 posts
    February 2, 2014 7:31 PM EST

If that's the case, she certainly grew up fast.  Must be something in the mead.

• 163 posts
    February 3, 2014 7:00 AM EST

Here we go