Forums » General Gaming

Aging and damage

• January 17, 2014 11:36 PM EST

For the Roleplayers out there I ask a simple question.

Do you age your Character over time? And if your roleplaying wounds aswell, Do you add scars?

Im currently Roleplaying a Wood elf Assassini, A build made by "Miraak" and Im absolutely loving it.  But am I the only one doing this roleplay effect?

• 194 posts
    January 18, 2014 12:00 AM EST

A recent build (Angel of Redemption?) utilized face changing to inflict a holy scar on the character using face paint, so it's the same idea.

• 194 posts
    January 18, 2014 12:09 AM EST

If you can mod you might like this: natural beard growth

• 79 posts
    January 18, 2014 12:17 AM EST

If you are on console and have all the dlcs, your best bet is to visit the face sculptor in the rat ways. For 1k she'll give alter your hair/facial structure.

• January 18, 2014 8:21 AM EST

Oh if only I was on PC.. The laptop I had with it installed well.. broke and became a fire hazard. I cant even run IMVU on this peice of crap.. QwQ

• 74 posts
    January 18, 2014 11:13 PM EST
    No, only because no one else in the game ages, it would be wierd.
  • January 24, 2014 4:28 AM EST

Then by all right, your roleplay Character is Immortal, never to age

• 74 posts
    January 27, 2014 9:33 PM EST
    I'm just saying that no one else in the game shows signs of aging past when you first meet them so, I feel, it would be strange for my character to do so. I do add scars though when my characters take huge amounts of damage.
    • 700 posts
    January 28, 2014 4:32 AM EST

I age my characters and give them appropriate appearance modifications over time like scars, hair growth, and hair cuts.  I enjoy the immersion it offers as it gives me a more personal connection to my character.  

• 32 posts
    February 8, 2014 2:03 PM EST

In the past I've added beards for characters and changed their hair as a result of time passing. I've not done aging like whitening hair but I've reverse aged a character who was a pretty rotten person who was given a second chance to do something right.

• 61 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:33 PM EST

I've done hair in Fallout 3, but I did it kinda unrealistically quick and with the console. I just didn't like having my character look the same for ages.

• 856 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:54 PM EST

I don't think even a few months has passed with any of my characters, definitely far less than a year. So 'aging' doesn't really fit. I have changed hair styles on occasion.

• 1913 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:58 PM EST
    My longest running character was adventuring for almost 2 years... She saw a lot in her 1 1/2 experience.
    • 856 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:03 PM EST

Ok, even then, how much does a person age during that time - the game isn't detailed enough to make subtle changes of that short amount of time. Scars and hair style change work, but really nothing else.

• 1913 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:10 PM EST
    Growing muscle mass... You can start the game as a scrawny weakling, but after a year of killing dragons with your sword, working with the companions, hunting vampires, killing bandits, etc. you are bound to grow some mass.
    • 1913 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:11 PM EST
    Now in terms of aging, it depends on the character... A person can have black hair but if s/he is old enough their hair would start to grey...
    • 1913 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:12 PM EST
    Also, wood elves live hundreds of years... Aging is slow for them, so your changes would probably not be lore friendly.
    • 856 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:15 PM EST

Good point about the muscle mass, that idea had escaped me for some reason - I may do that next time.

• 338 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:21 PM EST

There is a mod for muscle growth, actually.

• 1913 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:38 PM EST
    There's a mod that makes randy savage a dragon... What's your point

(Just trolling :P)
    • 127 posts
    February 11, 2014 6:04 AM EST

The closest I've come to aging is making drastic changes to appearance when my bounty becomes really high.  Shame that going to the sculptor doesn't reset bounties, but I make do.  I began as a sallow-skinned, straggly haired Imperial with a hooked nose, and have been black and sexy, and am currently bald with a square jaw and a goatee.