Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim: Vampires vs Werewolves which is truly better?

• 27 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:31 PM EDT

I personally prefer Werewolves because they have access to the howl move

• 27 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:45 PM EDT

They sould make a "higher" form of werewolf that allows you to have a weapon but also have claws and increased mobility. That would be cool

• 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:48 PM EDT
    Haha the Bethesda devs can be fans too!! :)
    • 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 8:01 PM EDT
    Eh werewolf holding a weapon? Idk if I'm OK with that haha
    • 661 posts
    July 22, 2013 8:18 PM EDT

Werewolves hands down are so much better. Vampires are for chicks (which isn't bad if you are a chick). Werewolves is the more manly route to take.

• 661 posts
    July 22, 2013 8:19 PM EDT

Thats why its smart to be a Wizard/Lycan. Use your Flesh spells and high health  (If you opt for such, which I like to do if I am a Wizard/Lycan) as well as high damage to fuck shit up!

• 47 posts
    July 22, 2013 8:22 PM EDT
    I a real life situation (if they were real)a Lycan would win seeing how they'd most likely hunt in packs. In the game Skyrim werewolves don't really hunt in pacts but Vampires would win but only if they were Vampire Lords any other vampire better watch their back against a werewolf.
    • 69 posts
    July 22, 2013 8:49 PM EDT

I like vampires overall. They can use powers without transforming, the lore surrounding them is awesome, and it adds a bit of a challenge to the game. For transformation, I think werewolf wrecks vampire lord. The werewolf feels better, looks better, and is stronger in my opinion.

• 622 posts
    July 22, 2013 9:01 PM EDT

I've only just got Dawnguars and haven't started it yet so my vote is a bit more biased, but I like the werewolves. I wish there was another faction for them, like having a pack of hungry, feral werewolves who prey on the guilty, but hey, can't have everything

• 661 posts
    July 22, 2013 10:16 PM EDT

Thats probably the only reason as to why Werewolves suck. Companions questline is such a drag.

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    July 22, 2013 11:56 PM EDT

Better yet they should have made werewolves attack more often and you catch a disease like with vampires

• 661 posts
    July 23, 2013 12:42 AM EDT

Yea, I only fought like 7 wild werewolves ever since Skyrim has been out. They need more Werewolf action. There was Werewolves in Skyrim before there was Vampire Lords, I dont get why those pansy ass vampires get the spotlight?

• 622 posts
    July 23, 2013 1:30 AM EDT

Yep, I fully agree. Should have had a werewolf-styled cult, where all they do is hunt, drink mead and hunt vampires >:D

• 661 posts
    July 23, 2013 1:33 AM EDT

Skyrim would be near perfect.

• 622 posts
    July 23, 2013 1:40 AM EDT

Maybe someone should mod it in... 

• 661 posts
    July 23, 2013 1:58 AM EDT

Maybe... maybe not....

To bad I dont a PC to run Skyrim. If you do manage to do something like make a video outlining the story and what not. I would love to see what you had planned. In my opinion the greatest place for a Werewolf pack to live would be somewhere in The Rift.

• 10 posts
    July 23, 2013 1:46 PM EDT

I haven't encountered any wild werewolves...

• 69 posts
    July 23, 2013 2:16 PM EDT

They're pretty rare occurences. 

• 159 posts
    July 23, 2013 2:20 PM EDT

I agree totally bryn a giant wolf rushin towards me would scare me more than a pale man with large teeth 

• 159 posts
    July 23, 2013 2:23 PM EDT

yes beacuse to me if the companions are all about honor in battle they should'nt have go all wolf and i would rather ne infected in the wild like u do with reg vamps 

• 661 posts
    July 25, 2013 5:15 PM EDT

I love this Video. When I first saw it I was like... "Yea the Werewolves are winning!" Then all those Ice Storms screwed them over.

• 6 posts
    September 10, 2013 1:10 AM EDT
    Also, if you went by Vampire The Masquerade standards, a single werewolf could easily wipe the floor with older vamps.
    • 24 posts
    September 10, 2013 10:56 AM EDT

Vampires can enjoy being immortal and watching everyone they love die(unless those they love are vampire/immortal as well). We werewolves will enjoy hunting beside our lord Hircine in this life and the next.

• 24 posts
    September 10, 2013 11:04 AM EDT

On the contrary Vazgen! Sinding is a Werewolf during I'll Met By The Moonlight and there are others during the Companions quest that were captured by the Sliver Hand. Then in the Dragonborn D.L.C, the hunters at Frostmoon Crag were also werewolves. Also, in Underworld they aren't Werewolves, there are Lycans, Werewolves couldn't revert to their human form in the series. William the First and most powerful werewolf actually teamed with Marcus the most powerful vampire in the second movie. I will give credit to the vampires in Rise of the Lycans though, the Death-dealers were awesome looking and are actually an idea of mine for a build.

• 24 posts
    September 10, 2013 11:11 AM EDT

Yeah that sounds like the Worgen from WOW, and WOW sucks IMO!