Forums » Elder Scrolls

Skyrim: Vampires vs Werewolves which is truly better?

• 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 4:51 PM EDT
    • 168 posts
    July 22, 2013 4:56 PM EDT

This is my ranking order

1. Normal Vampire
    2. Werewolf
    3. Vampire Lord

Because normal vampires have the advantages of the Necromage glitch and resistance to disease, poison, and frost. Werewolf is the better beast form in my opinion because they get a large bonus to health, stamina, and sprinting speed, and VL form is more of a hassle than help to me.

Most of the time though, I just pick neither and stay pure.

• 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:07 PM EDT
    I was going off the underworld series Vazgen because like you said that series does the vampire werewolf conflict the best. I think skyrim should have expanded on the werewolves and not just limiting it to the companions, or make the companions part of the DG questline maybe
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:14 PM EDT

Yes, in fact both the vampires and werewolves are portrayed a bit shallow. One should be able to play mainly as werewolf or a vampire not just use the form when he's in trouble. To become a wolf and be able to hunt the prey not always go in blood frenzy... Interestingly there seems to be no such conflict in TES (at least it's not that pronounced). The only mention of the tension is the Harkon talking about "purging the filth" out of you if you're a werewolf. 

• 131 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:15 PM EDT

Personally I find Werewolves more fun to play in Skyrim because of their mechanics. They have the positives of being able to transform into beasts with increased strength, health, and stamina. Given this and their increased movement speed they have plenty of advantages in combat over their enemies IF they choose to even utilize the power. Yes, over time vampires can become more powerful in the category of have an arsenal of vampiric powers to change the way a battle ends. However, this takes some time and leveling to obtain some of the more powerful abilities whereas werewolves simply grow stronger than they already are.

Also, completely not related to the argument where's a vampire mod like this one for you vampires? (WHERE IS YOUR DIVINES NOW?!)

• 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:19 PM EDT
    Right on. Also with what I was saying only the powerful vamps should get the lord perk and have to work up to it, older more powerful werewolves should be able to transform at will, while younger weaker ones should have random uncontrolled transformations (especially say...during full moons?? Lol)
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:24 PM EDT

It's funny, because Underworld is just written all over Dawnguard DLC. They could've taken more from the series when implementing perk trees.

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:25 PM EDT
    you are still using volkihars :P
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:26 PM EDT

We don't announce our arrival to the world with savage howls, we work from shadows...

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:26 PM EDT
    you had to search it after i showed you :P
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:30 PM EDT

I knew someone would say that, thus the first link 

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:30 PM EDT
    sexy vampire werewolf hunter chicks in skin tight suits?
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:35 PM EDT

No, Vampire Lord form, similarities of Harkon and Victor. Hell, you posted the pic showing the likeness! 

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:39 PM EDT
    whats more terrifying... not knowing where the predator is, or knowing what the predator is and understanding that if it catches you it will tear you apart and eat your flesh... most likely while your still alive?

im going on wolf purely for the intimidation factor
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:41 PM EDT

Unknown is always more terrifying...

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:42 PM EDT
    if they took more they would be causing copyright infringment XD :P
    • 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:44 PM EDT
    any smart person would prefer the unknown because they know what will happen with the known threat. you would put trust into the unknown
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 5:46 PM EDT

Your imagination can paint pictures far worse than any known threat. It's always more frightening to not to know where is your enemy and when he'll strike.

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:04 PM EDT
    yeah, but if it is unknown, it is more than likely undetected. you cannot fear what you do not know is near you, but you can fear the 7ft tall wolf moster that wants to make your spine a chew toy
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:10 PM EDT

OK, let's see two situations. You know you are hunted by a vampire or a werewolf. Would you be more scared if you see a werewolf rushing through bushes towards you? Or when you hear noises, glowing eyes in the darkness that disappear the next moment, biding the time till you get in his paws yourself? I'd certainly be more scared of a vampire

• 1913 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:19 PM EDT
    i fear a painful and agonizing death. getting bitten and having my blood sucked out will hurt for maybe a minute... a werewolf will brutalize a body until it is throughly dead... i will fear the wolf more
  • July 22, 2013 6:23 PM EDT
    It'll take way longer than a minute to have all your blood sucked out. Definitely longer than having a werewolf crushing your neck/throw you against a tree and knock you out (won't feel pain past that point). No, the vampire is the long and agonizing death. The werewolf is the quicker death.
    • 271 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:24 PM EDT
    It would have been cool if you could sneak as a Werewolf...

Just sayin' :P
    • 116 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:28 PM EDT
    Selene(underworld)=Serana(Skyrim) they even look the same lol
    • 1483 posts
    July 22, 2013 6:30 PM EDT

Ah, man you shouldn't have started this...