Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least played race in skyrim

• 9 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:13 PM EST

Just wondering what you guys think it would be since most of the other polls are really old.

P.S-would you guys like MP in skyrim?

• 131 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:22 PM EST
    I rarely play any race aside from the Nords. Though recently I've tried all the races except the elves and the orcs.
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:25 PM EST
    I mainly play Nords, high elves, or wood elves. I think the most underplayed race would have to be imperial... But they deserve it cause they are the most useless race in the game. They have a racial special ability that helps them find gold... They are not skilled in stealth. They have a ability that calms everyone nearby... They are skilled to go head first into combat.
    • 81 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:27 PM EST
    I'll NEVER play as an argonian or a khajiit.
    I mostly play as Nords too.
    • 966 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:29 PM EST

I doubt it, Imperials are awesome for role playing. 

I think it's one of the beast races , or the Bosmer. Probably the Bosmer.

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:30 PM EST
    I actually like playing as an argonian now. I guess my prejudice came from I hate reptiles in real life, and I hate evil builds (and almost every build that involves argonians, unless its a joke build, is evil)
    • 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:31 PM EST
    Don't... Make fun of... The Bosmer...
    • 557 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:33 PM EST

I only ever have played as an Argonian. 

• 966 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:35 PM EST

Everyone makes fun of the Bosmer after Oblivion. 

They may be somewhat more badass in Skyrim, but I still think they are the least played race.

• 9 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:38 PM EST

soo its kind of toss up between wood elf and imperials and khajitt and argonian?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:39 PM EST
    I'm not going to defend oblivion wood elves... They looked like plump midgets with extremely pointy ears.
    • 81 posts
    Hang on, I think that I played a khajiit in oblivion., because I remember the orc in shivering isles not wanting to talk to me.
    • 952 posts

I have an awesome Bosmer. True that they may not look that awesome, but for roleplaying they're very good. They have a very specific culture which makes for some great backgrounds.

• 12 posts
    February 3, 2013 12:53 PM EST

I usually play as Human Races, since their facial hair options are leagues better than their Elven Counterparts. While I am particularly fond of the Beast Races, I hate playing as them. Humanoids with tails have always been aesthetically off-putting to me. 

I honestly never pick a race for their combat bonuses; I always focus more on the role-playing aspects.(Appearances as well.) I believe that the race I've played the most is actually Imperial. I've always enjoyed forming Imperial names, and their Romanesque culture and Mediterranean looks are appealing.

• 111 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:08 PM EST

For me that would be Kajits Argonians, or Orcs. Haven't played any of those. Unlike Oblivion and Tamriel, Skyrim is not cosmopolitan in terms of how it treats foreigners. The only ones that are tolerated are Redguards and Orcs. Then it's mostly Redguard women who you frequently find married to Nords in encounters throughout the game. Odd that there is no half Orc/ Redguard choice in the character creation screen in the OC. I find Wood Elves useful for their sneaking, lockpicking and archery skills, but Redguard is are pretty useful warrior alternate choice with some nice spell default support

Most of the time it's a Nord for me who looks pretty stupid as a magic user and top dog at the College at Winterhold. Wearing a robe and casting spells as a Nord is pretty anti role play

• 10 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:15 PM EST

I would say maybe Imperials. I hardly EVER see anyone playing an Imperial. Oh also @Tony Maund, Khajiit, Argonians, and Orcs are far from under played.

• 57 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:19 PM EST

It's weird my least played race is Redguard...I need to fix this 

• 966 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:20 PM EST

You need to look better, alot of people play Imperials.^^

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:20 PM EST
    I have almost never played a redguard for longer than 10 levels, but I have only gotten up to getting my hands free for an Imperial before I deleted that save
    • 10 posts
    February 3, 2013 3:23 PM EST

@Alduin don't look for anything specific. Its just I never see an Imperial thats just my view. Infact I don't think there even is an under played race.

• February 3, 2013 6:56 PM EST
    Beast races and Nords. Never got around to playing as an Argonian or Khajiit for very long. And I just hate Nords.
    • 67 posts
    February 4, 2013 8:07 AM EST

I think Orcs are probably least played, I have personally never played an orc, khajiit or a bosmer

• 9 posts
    February 4, 2013 10:56 AM EST

how can khajitt be least played since its focused around stealth?The most popular playstyle?

• 1913 posts
    February 4, 2013 11:04 AM EST
    Most of my assassins have been Nords. Race means nothing
    • 739 posts
    February 4, 2013 11:10 AM EST

Racial skill bonus's are only useful between the levels of 1 - 5, after that most characters will have 'smoothed out' and that +10 sneak that khajiits get at the start will become less attractive.

An orc can inflict a more lethal sneak attack than a khajiit with berserk. A high elf can potentially cast muffle at level 1 making them soundless sneaks.

Basically Khajiit don't offer enough for many players to consider them a strong choice...