Forums » Elder Scrolls

Least played race in skyrim

• 9 posts
    February 4, 2013 11:16 AM EST

hmm gona roll either a khajitt or argonian.Not sure which 1.Gona try do an mercenary/ranger/treasure hunter/assassin build.Any builds you recomend i use?

• 7 posts
    February 4, 2013 6:28 PM EST

I'll try any race at least once, though I have yet to try Argonian or Orc yet. My preferred race is Redgaurd, but I'm starting to enjoy both Bosmer (great disease/poison resistance) and Breton (I'm working on a mage-hunter build and their magic protection ability is perfect for it). I've also been thinking of an unarmed build using Kajiit but the endgame seems like it'll be impossible to run with no weapons, unlike Oblivion.

• 9 posts
    February 5, 2013 3:26 PM EST

any1 wana answer this?

• February 5, 2013 5:19 PM EST

I don't find them useless for all the reasons you stated yourself.

Their ability allowed me to overcome game bugs a few times when NPC's became aggressive for no reason. I like going head first into combat, and like to find a lot of gold. Don't care about stealth that much in this game.

Least played race, I'd say argonian. Not saying it's useful or not, I'm just guessing it's the least played, either that or altmer.

• 16 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:31 PM EST

I have never rolled a Redguard.

• 32 posts
    February 6, 2013 12:43 AM EST

I never play a beast race because I don't find them personally fun...

I usually always play Nord, on a rare occasion I'll play a Redguard or an Orc

• 5 posts
    February 6, 2013 1:51 PM EST

I agree for the most part.  Khajiit's racial ability is really subpar IMO.  Night vision...really?  If caves were dark, then sure.  What would be nice is if they had the fists of steel perk as a racial ability instead of/in addition to the the +15 unarmed attack.  Then it would be noteworthy.   

Some people think that the race you start off with makes little or no difference.  I almost agree.  However, some of the perks like Voice of the Emperor and Berserk and Histskin are pretty badass.  They aren't deal-breakers, but they shouldn't be completely overlooked.  

• 54 posts
    February 6, 2013 4:59 PM EST

Bosmer, meh.

• 78 posts
    February 6, 2013 8:33 PM EST

My answer would be imperial, basically when someone said it earlier here, I had to look it up to see what they looked like!  So if I didn't remember, I'd say they were the least played.  My main girl is Breton.  My spellsword character is a dark elf.  At first I was trying to play with the bonuses to the race and thought it'd be cool to play each of them, but turns out race doesn't really mean anything.  The character is how I want to play it, so before I create any others, I'm playing my Breton until I feel I can't anymore.  

Also, I'd love for MP but I guess I'll wait til elder scrolls online. 

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 8:38 PM EST
    Was this it?

"I think the most underplayed race would have to be imperial... But they deserve it cause they are the most useless race in the game. They have a racial special ability that helps them find gold... They are not skilled in stealth. They have a ability that calms everyone nearby... They are skilled to go head first into combat."

That was my comment
    • 78 posts
    February 6, 2013 8:43 PM EST

pretty much

• 9 posts
    February 6, 2013 8:58 PM EST

I've played every race at least once. My favorites are Bosmer, Dunmer, and Imperial, especially Imperial. Imperials are perfect starts to paladin builds if you're not going for an anti-magic tank. Orcs are probably the most statistically unplayed, while imperials, and Bosmer, might be be the most unliked. I think Bosmer have gotten better since oblivion's adoring fan. Even Morrowind had Fargoth. The civil war and impromptu execution I'm sure put a lot of people off of Imperials. 

My current favorite character is an Imperial crossbow ranger/vampire hunter. Completely ignoring any staring bonuses. Can't even remember why I picked Imperial for that build but it ended up fitting.

• 1913 posts
    February 6, 2013 9:00 PM EST
    No, that put me off imperial women...