Forums » The Lounge

Evil Woman

• 63 posts
    August 23, 2012 1:15 AM EDT

Because of this post, I've had an alternative set of lyrics for Pretty Woman stuck in my head since this morning Shannon. So, I'm going to share!

Evil woman, walking down the street
    Evil woman, the kind I like to meet
    Evil woman
    I don't believe you, you're not the truth
    No one could be as bad as you
    Mercy

Evil woman, won't you pardon me
    Evil woman, I couldn't help see
    Evil woman
    That you look evil as can be
    Are you conniving just like me
    Wow

Evil woman, slay a while
    Evil woman, stalk a while
    Evil woman, gave a poisoned smile to me
    Evil woman, yeah yeah yeah
    Evil woman, look my way
    Evil woman, say you'll slay with me
    'Cause I need you, you'll treat me wrong
    Come with me baby, kill me tonight

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/prettywomanlyrics.html

And, your welcome.

• 140 posts
    August 23, 2012 9:55 PM EDT

It is very interesting to read this, Asverze, as I never understood the hatred for Barbie honestly.  I think other things (ads, celebrity worship, the sexual "revolution") contribute to the objectification of women more than Barbie ever did.

In my case, my sister and I made a complete "Barbie Town" at our house, where all of our dolls had homes and jobs: doctor, veterinarian, detective, mechanic, art gallery curator to just name a few.  The "Ken" dolls were generally house husbands, not consciously to make some sort of statement, but because we were interested in exploring all that these characters could accomplish as adult females I suppose.  

I simply never absorbed the message that I needed to look like Barbie to be happy.  Maybe I was a dense child...

I vote plausible.  

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:29 PM EDT

Sometimes being a submissive is fun Dieter. Uh, I mean, oh you are so right.

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:36 PM EDT

I'm with Ky and I vote plausible as well. My Barbies had many different roles even did some inter-species (I used some dog toys as her boyfriends sometimes.) I never wanted to physically look like Barbie, although I did want her wardrobe and her horse. And Barbie had all kinds of careers if you know her like I did. I had a super cool amimal vet Barbie, the best.  

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:39 PM EDT

Matthew, I no longer play with Barbies so I was speaking of the past. And, yes, I like you all VERY much. But Asverze, sadly, being shipped from foster home to foster home it was hard to keep friends at that time. Thankfully, now I have many and I am thankful for every single one. 

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:42 PM EDT

Lucretia is such an interesting choice. I wasn't sure if she was bad at first (although slaver, hello, bad person.) But her character just grew more vile as the story went on until I was like, WHOA. I blame Asher.

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:46 PM EDT

Ahhh, Asverze, Cersei needs to be married off again. Hopefully to someone that can control that bitch. I agree with Tywin on that one issue. But yeah, there are about 30 rapes/deflowering/euniching a book in that series. I think the author may have harbored a small resentment against the fairer sex for a spurning or two in his real personal life. 

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:52 PM EDT

Ricardo, if Martin dies before finishing the series, I will dig up his corpse and perform Voodoo reanimation rites on him and force him to finish. I hate when a series goes unfinished or comes to an abrupt unsatisfying end.

I never hated Faith either. I always thought that she just wanted to be loved, accepted and admired. She got the short end of the stick when Buffy wasn't actually dead so Faith got to be the "other" slayer and stayed that way. As far as relating to the mayor, I am worrying about you now. He was diabolical in an endearing sort of way.

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 11:54 PM EDT

Haha, Evil. Sounds like you have the wooing words for your evil mate when you finally find her. You already have the song written. You can stand outside her bedroom window and serenade her with it now. I'm disturbed by that final lyric though. Maybe you and "evil woman" should have a "safe word."