Forums » Elder Scrolls

POLL : Which is your most disliked or annoying creature that you

• 773 posts
    July 23, 2012 8:25 AM EDT

A self explanatory poll this week!

Throughout Skyrim we meet a range of different creatures. Perhaps not so many as we would have liked, but that's for a different topic...

But out of the one's we DO face, which do you find the most annoying or dislikable? Which are the ones that you positively hate having to kill - and for what reason?

I've given you a bunch to vote for so get voting. But if your favourite isn't there, then feel free to vote for 'other' and tell us which you meant in the comments

• 162 posts
    July 23, 2012 8:36 AM EDT

Belethor by far. I know he's not a creature but he's annoying as hell.

• 342 posts
    July 23, 2012 8:51 AM EDT

I was gonna say Chaurus just cause they are gross and you can only hit them (to deal any real damage) when they rear up, but up on the mountains I found something worse, the Wispmother a creature made of 4 parts its horrible to kill, as you have to smack down the spirits that float around the place first before killing the wispmother. and in the mean time she can deal pretty hefty frost damage.

• 57 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:00 AM EDT

No mudcrab option? :P Other than that the Chaurus. They always freak me out 

• 773 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:03 AM EDT

Maybe a poll for next week 'Which is the NPC you'd most like to kill?' 

• 856 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:03 AM EDT

That is a good choice - I had already voted for chaurus (although recently I figured out how to handle them easily), but the wispmother is probably meaner - fortunately you can often avoid them.

• 162 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:12 AM EDT

In addition:

Roaming vampire groups which starts to throw all kinds of magic crap toward you out of an ambush. On my level that crap hits like a truck, so you loose more than half of your health before you can even put up some sort of defence. They're seems to be made of reinforced concrete also...... Ohhh..., that the challenge you say .

• 98 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:23 AM EDT

Chaurus by far. Those ugly overgrown mutant cocroaches are annoying and hard to kill. Chaurus hunters are going to be a nightmare.....

• 162 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:26 AM EDT

I don't want to kill him though. Everytime I use all possibilities I have to haggle every dime out of his wallet for the most uttely crap I have. Gives way more satisfaction .

• 557 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:28 AM EDT

Charus Hunters. I hate those flying things. They annoy me.

• 16 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:32 AM EDT

i hate dragur overlords or death lords when your a high level thats just about the only thing in the whole dungeon and it makes me mad when they use fus ro dah on me.......its just plain annoying.... oh and they arent hard for me or anyting like i said just plain out annoying.

• 557 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:39 AM EDT

They can be challenging in higher numbers. I hate when regular Draugr swarm around me. 

• 162 posts
    July 23, 2012 9:57 AM EDT

• 28 posts
    July 23, 2012 10:32 AM EDT

Not sure if it counts as a creature but heck I'm saying it anyway. The Draugr boss levels (not including dragon priest) simply because they have that disarm shout and it annoys the hell out of me. Now it's not because I'm not unarmed and unable fight, I always have multiple weapons, it's because your weapons go flying anyway and it can be difficult to find them sometimes. I remember at one of the open air barrows close to the College of Winterhold out popped one of the Draugr Overlords and shouted my weapon away much to my surprise (this was the first time ever experienced it), I pulled out a backup sword and dispatched it, turned around to find my weapon to find it had gone flying over the cliff gone forever. I forget what it was but it was a decent weapon. 

So yeah, that's what annoys me. So so so much

• 8 posts
    July 23, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

I really hate Falmer just plain ulgy and annoying as well as hard to get rid of. Just thinking about them make me go into a rage *ENTRES RUIN*

• 952 posts
    July 23, 2012 11:16 AM EDT

I hate the bears, they always just show up and attack me in the back. I never see them because they are always sleeping and they blend in with the background too much. I've been killed more times by bears than by dragons.

• 409 posts
    July 23, 2012 11:17 AM EDT

I agree with Deshaun ugly annoying and they are the most accurate archers I have ever seen yet they are blind and how do they read spell books? and how do they make poison they cant build alchemy tables they are blind! and they make armor although they are BLIND!

• 297 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:05 PM EDT

I have got to go with the humble Fox on this one,living near real foxes i can confirm that the noises skyrim's foxes make is really annoying and nothing like what real foxes sound like,

• 739 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:15 PM EDT

At lower levels I don't think any other creature can strike dread into your heart like a frost troll, I know that chaurus and falmer can cause serious problems but they are easily avoided by not being a fool and going into their lairs. You dont get that luxury with frost trolls, you hear that rabid shuffling/snuffling noise and you know that unless your carrying some big guns your only option is to leg it!

• 577 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:18 PM EDT

I went Dragons...straight up. For the first 225hrs they didn't bug me so much, but after that, they kinda just got annoying. I play as a sneaky type alot and they can ruin the "moment" sometimes. lol Plus, when fast traveling and then they appear right away. Been playing alot with characters that haven't released them, so to speak, from Whiterun. Maybe it's because I have sooo many souls and dragon bones/plates that they are of no value to me anymore. Just overgrown, pesky flies. lol....Also Frost Trolls at low levels...oof!

• 98 posts
    July 23, 2012 12:33 PM EDT

They are the reason I made a deadric greatsword with fire/firey soul trap called backtroll

• July 23, 2012 12:34 PM EDT

My first character had a hell of a time with those damnable things. Especially when I tried a short cut through Labyrinthian to get to Morthal, and I ran into like 4 of them. But bears are faster and are more common(?), but yeah for the first couple levels you won't kill a frost troll( unless you have Lydia).

• 67 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:04 PM EDT

I'm surprised that nobody said this, but I friggin hate Spriggans. Sure there harmless enough, but at higher levels, they gangbang you to death with that damn annoying bug spell thing they have. And then there's also the fact they can control animals around them to help them. Jeez, no wonder Hagravens kill these things!

• 67 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:07 PM EDT

BUT.....There is one enemy from The Elder Scrolls....Who outmatch all of these enemies in terms of annoyingness....THE CLIFF RACERS!!!!!

• 557 posts
    July 23, 2012 2:12 PM EDT

YES! Those damn things followed me everywhere!!!