Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your "main" character?

• 189 posts
    August 29, 2012 3:45 AM EDT

I don't have a main character.  I have a bunch of characters in the 20-40 range, pretty much all either my own [test] builds, or my playthroughs of builds submitted by members of the Character Building group.  I just rolled the updated version of my first build, The Loup-Garou (a Nord werewolf with some sneak and magic, using heavy armor + steed + muffle for stealth).  I plan on taking him to around level 50, which will be higher than any character I've made in a good five or six months.  That's about as close to "main" as I get though.

• 38 posts
    September 10, 2012 3:35 AM EDT

On PS3 I played an all-rounder, Nord, sneaky, swordsman, archer, smith, ect

Since I've been playing on PC, I've played a few lesser characters, but just started my main, the UnAnimator, a wood elf who kills undead and any other abominations, I wield Dawnbreaker and use any means necessary to destroy my opponent, be it sneaking, poisons and potions, enchantments, magic, arrows, shouts and powers, or dirty tactics, because the undead deserve no mercy. To compensate, I will never flee from battle unless its with a civilian, ally or guard, but that doesn't mean I will flee. 

• 6 posts
    September 10, 2012 12:09 PM EDT

My main char is a nord male, blonde lvl 42. My initial backstory was that my char was Thor, cast down to Earth by the High Father to earn the right to become worthy of the throne of Asgard. I had just watched the feature film and wanted to experience it myself! I only used lightening magic, unrelenting force, Become Ethereal, Elemental Fury and warhammer.

I got bored of this char half way through the main quest and changed my appearance to that of Denton Van Zan from the film Reign of Fire. Felt better being a skin headed madman with a relentless desire to personally kill every dragon on the planet! I now weld twin dragonbone swords with dragon armour and a dragon bow & arrows. Use the carcasses of my fallen foes to inflict more pain upon their brethren.

• September 10, 2012 12:23 PM EDT

My main character is still in service, a level 62 Argonian assassin who has basically been used to do everything. And I mean everything. Poor sod must have snuck, fought and been hit, even to the extent where he lets giants hit him, just to level up his skills. Of course, all this murder, pain, theft and tiredness (He has only slept about 4 times) is all justified because the Sithis worshipping Hist trees think that it is useful to their plans. Of course, all of which will result in his death, but it doesn't matter, the Hist can just reincarnate him and set him out on the journey of being kidnapped at birth for Shadowscale-esque training. Oh well, at least he got the platinum trophy for me. 

• 11 posts
    September 13, 2012 3:05 AM EDT

I've had 4 characters that I've really liked so far. The first was a duel wielding sword/war axe Nord, who was the first and only play-through of the mainquest I've done. He also did the companions, stormcloak and dark brotherhood quest-lines before I started a new character at lvl 38.

The second was also Nord, pure 2 handed weapons with enchanting and smithing etc. who I did the thieves guild on. I had a blast with him until I saved over by accident (was a real bummer, always have more than 1 save per character now).

The third was a destruction/alteration/restoration pure mage Breton female who I did the college of winterhold questline with. The latest one was ANOTHER Nord (not very adventurous, I know) who I completed the Dawnguard questline with. He is a sneak archer with alchemy + one handed (for dawnbreaker). still going strong at level 41, living at Lakeview manor in falkreath. Yet to join any side on that character for the civil war or touch the mainquest. Probably my favourite thus far.

• 11 posts
    September 13, 2012 3:10 AM EDT

Baldur's Gate was one of my first games also! I haven't played the originals for a loooong time now, going to have to pick up the enhanced edition when it's out. This is way of topic, but did you hear about black isle games getting back in business along with interplay? I know it's a longshot, but I would be absolutely stoked if they picked Baldur's Gate 3 up again along with Dark Alliance 3. I Have some of my fondest gaming memories with those series.