Forums » The Lounge

My favorite places

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 1:34 AM EDT

I'm always giving love to St. Louis so I thought, why not devote a thread to the places we love to see. :)

These pictures are from the most amazing place in St. Louis (other than Busch Stadium of course.) It's called the City Museum and basically it's a GIANT McDonald's funland for adults. Sooo much fun! :)

The SEVEN story indoor slide

Giant adult ball pits

the caves

And the ENORMOUS outdoor sculpture you can play on. I LOVE this place.

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 1:40 AM EDT

Also, must include Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 7:01 AM EDT

I love Belgium (the country, not the crappy ineffective political system), and I love Austria.

• 966 posts
    May 26, 2012 7:37 AM EDT

My favorite places are:

Netherlands

Zwolle

Philips stadium

Parties

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 10:49 AM EDT

What beautiful maps, Dieter. Maybe you could've posted pictures of the cities. Are you trying to brush me up on my geography? I already got a tutorial from Matt after I called you Dutch.

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 10:51 AM EDT

Must be your dog, I see the whiskey...:P

Ooooh, nice pictures of your country. LOLOL, though, just HAD to throw Angerfist in there, right?

• 966 posts
    May 26, 2012 10:53 AM EDT

Angerfist is part of modern Dutch culture now, so yeah

Nah, my dogs seem more like duveltjes dogs :P

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 10:56 AM EDT

duveltjes definition: imp, little devil, small demon...

Hmmm, I guess dogs really do emulate their owners.

• 966 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:00 AM EDT

LOL

Duveltjes are also belgian beers, Dieter would have catched my reference since he is Beglian (so are the dogs)

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:07 AM EDT

Well, SORRY I didn't catched your reference. I like the other definition better anyway. Please tell me you do not give your dogs Belgian beer. I have heard that stuff is potent. :P My ex woke up in the arms of a fountain with tourists photographing him in Bamberg after drinking copious amounts.

And his friends had robbed him.

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:25 AM EDT

lol, perhaps, but mostly because I love everything about those 2 country's (except for politics ofcourse)

But if you want's to see what I'm talking about, alright then.

Brussels: European parliament

Antwerp: Biggest city in Belgium and best city in the world

Bruges: The Venice of Western-Europe

The Ardennes:

Bastogne: Filled with remnants of WW2

Austia: The most beautifull country in the world

Here, happy now?

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:26 AM EDT

This should say enough, it's one of my favourites you know.

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:41 AM EDT

Yeah, that usually happens with people who are used to beer that's similar to piss with some extra water. Atleast our beers are good and taste like bits off heaven

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:45 AM EDT

Don't get snippy with me, MISTER! And yes, I am! as a matter of pure fact! :P

That last picture reminds me of Virginia. Those are really gorgeous places, Dieter. I want to travel more. I've been all over the US but never anywhere else. :( 

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:49 AM EDT

It has a color like a hefeweizen. It's too early in the morning here for drink.

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:53 AM EDT

You should try Europe then, a lot of culture and different kinds of nature and good food and drinks

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:54 AM EDT

That doesn't even remotely look like a Duveltje.

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:57 AM EDT

Well, now the worst beer of all is Belguim. Budweiser. So HA!!

I always drink imported beer anyway. American beer is so vile unless it's a micro-brew from a brewpub.

One of MY favorites. :)

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 11:59 AM EDT

It's choco milk man. Do you Belgians drink anything but alcohol?

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:02 PM EDT

Uhm, Budweiser is Czec republic beer you silly.

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:03 PM EDT

Ofcourse, but beer is just our speciality and passion.

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:08 PM EDT

Noooo, Budweiser was a St. Louis brand beer and the best selling beer worldwide. Now it is owned by some Belgian company.

Budweiser has a long history in America. It was introduced more than 130 years ago by Adolphus Busch, who wanted to brew what was called the United States' first "national beer brand."

"Today, the maker of that "American" beer, Anheuser-Busch, agreed to sell itself to Belgium brewer InBev for $52 billion — although the St. Louis-based brewer's CEO, August Busch IV, had told the company's wholesale distributors months ago that a sale would "not happen on his watch."

• 668 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:09 PM EDT

My passion is donuts. :P

• 952 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:11 PM EDT

Wikipedia sais otherwise, but anyhow AB Inbev does have a big number of breweries, but it doesn't brew itself. And besides, the worst beer ever is Heineken, made in Alduins little homecountry.

• 966 posts
    May 26, 2012 12:14 PM EDT

Agreed, Heineken is overated, but its one of the most sold beers of all time. You can blame that on America^^