Forums » General Gaming

Trophies! I WANT!!!!

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 10:56 AM EDT

Does anyone here care about their trophies? Do you strive for the platinum??!! Do you even care when you hear that magical little bell?? I love to get trophies even though I don't really strive to own them. My bf is a mac at games and has hundreds more than me (trophy hound) but I totes annoy him by continuing to "believe" that I have more trophies than him. It infuriates him and he is constantly showing me on the PS network how many more he has than I do. Yet I persist that I have more. So... are we keeping score? Which game have you the most trophies in? Which game have you PLATINUM??!!

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 10:58 AM EDT

I have to be honest and say that I have yet to earn a platinum trophy in any game. I am supes close in Fallout3 and New Vegas also Skyrim but as of yet...

• 98 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:01 AM EDT

I try to get all trophiesIn my games. I only have three left for Skyrim and one more to go for Infamous 2 :D

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

So how many plats you got then?

• 98 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:11 AM EDT

I one so far and I have a gold that in my opinion should be a platinum because its get all trophies for Infamous festival of blood.

• 133 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:19 AM EDT
    I've won two platinum on FO:NV. One for completing the game on hardcore mode, and the other for winning all the other trophies. But I played that game six times, so it was not a so great accomplizhment. I usually dont care too much about trophies, but I really cherished those two. I just felt I was making the word a better place by exterminating those nightkins, legionaries, brotherhood paladins, and especially the gangs members.
    • 132 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:20 AM EDT

Being on Xbox I do put in a reasonable effort to get achievements. On most of my games all I'm left with is the "Do on max difficulty" kind of achievements, and the ones that involve searching every last nook and cranny in a gigantic game world for little collectibles. Too much effort, too little fun.

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:37 AM EDT

Now you are making me want to play NV again, Ricardo!! You beat the game on hardcore? My bf got that platinum too. But I still have more trophies than him (no I don't.) :P

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:38 AM EDT

Yep, William, me too!! Or the "evil" lines of play, like doing 50 evil deeds to such and such! It makes me mad that you have to play a bad guy to get a platinum trophy in some of the games. Jerks! :P

• 668 posts
    April 30, 2012 11:40 AM EDT

I so want a platinum trophy!! I don't even know why I want it, just to have ONE, JUST ONE!!!!

• April 30, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

I never really care about the trophies much.

Depends on the game too though. Skyrim ones I don't really care about, but if you're playing something like Halo it's kinda fun...

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2012 1:51 PM EDT

On xbox i have all achievments on: Fifa 8-9-10-11 and 12, Skyrim, Morrowind, Bladestorm, Fallout 3/NV and some other but i,ll have to check. I have no awards on pc because i always block out steam, they are just annoying ;)

EDIT: Forgot about AC 1-2 and brotherhood, and halo 2-3 and reach and Fable 2 (did not bother with 3, it kinda sucks)

• 132 posts
    April 30, 2012 2:25 PM EDT

Morrowind? Halo 2? You got achievements on an original xbox game? O.o

I'm almost done Bladestorm, I just have the two secret books to unlock. I don't know when I'll play it again, though.

• 966 posts
    April 30, 2012 2:34 PM EDT

yea, i completed every quest, except 2, on morrowind, and completely done halo 2 more then 4 times, so i think i deserve an achievement for that ;)

Those books are easy to find, and its like 50 G per book, easy scoring ;'

• 132 posts
    April 30, 2012 3:28 PM EDT

Lol, just finishing the game doesn't count, if it did I'd have dozens of games "completed". It means actually having every single achievement in a game.

Yeah, they are, but I stopped playing after I finished the story, and for the last two (sappers and gun users I believe) you have to do special quests after the story.