Forums » Elder Scrolls

Fun Cinematography Idea

    • 152 posts
    July 3, 2018 2:28 PM EDT

     So as a younger member of the Vault, my music taste is geared towards rap more than anything- ranging from a number of artists whether it be Lil Pump (a not so popular choice XD ) to Lil Uzi Vert or Kendrick Lamar. Well I had a fun idea, what if we took our fantasy world of skyrim- our character builds our roleplay adventures- and tried to make a video that portrays that character but has a modern song over it. A kind of challenge to combine these two unalike things into a sick upbeat video of our Nords and Orcs slicing through Skyrim. Is anyone else interested in giving this a try? Could be a fun little cinematography challenge :)

    • 1540 posts
    July 3, 2018 6:26 PM EDT
    Sounds like a good idea, Madd. For ages I've been meaning to make a montage of a character just riding through different zones in ESO on various mounts and making a sort of MV out of it. Kind of like that moment in Red Dead Redemption when you first arrive in Mexico and the game starts playing Jose Gonzalez's Far Away. At the time I thought that to be the coolest thing ever!
    Would definitely be cool to see a RP and character focused MV with some contemporary tunes :)
    • 142 posts
    July 3, 2018 6:34 PM EDT
    As an older member of the vault (so old), I think it’s a good idea, but I have no idea how to go about it. I’m putting together a roleplay right now based on Tommy Shelby from the Peaky Blinders, and am using the theme song “Red Right Hand” pretty prominently. A video using that music would be amazing. As I said, I’m A/V illiterate, though, so yeah. But cool idea, definitely.
    • 152 posts
    July 3, 2018 7:48 PM EDT

    Phil totally make that and throw it on the site here! I love that kind of stuff. I'm not artistic and I'm not a writer but I think cool little creative videos (not like gameplay stuff) can be simple to make but also artistic and entertaining. Do ittttt!

     

    Ilanisilver, haha with age differences comes music taste differences, I've never even heard "Red Right Hand" before but I just looked it up and listened and I really like it! That'd be super cool for a video (also Peaky Blinders is badass)

    • 583 posts
    July 4, 2018 11:33 AM EDT

    Awesome idea, Madd. As another of the younger member of the Vault I'm also a fan of a bit of rap, and now that I think about it there would be so many songs that would be perfect. I'd be interested in giving this a go if anyone had any footage I could use, or if someone wanted to do a collaborative effort :)

    • 152 posts
    July 4, 2018 1:37 PM EDT

    Hey Z maybe we could throw some songs that would work good in here to kind of build up a supply of options to choose from. Like Esketit by Lil Pump wouldn't go with anything but like Till I Collapse (Eminem) could just be a sick orc beating the shit out of people, I Don't Die (Joyner Lucas) could be an ironic/funny necromancer compilation, Plug Walk (Rich the Kid) would be perfect for a Kajhiit skooma dealer XD. Idk its cringey but I think some would be really fun. Even just small clips from a song. Lemme know if you have any other ideas

    • 142 posts
    July 4, 2018 3:19 PM EDT
    MaddMannatee said:

    Ilanisilver, haha with age differences comes music taste differences, I've never even heard "Red Right Hand" before but I just looked it up and listened and I really like it! That'd be super cool for a video (also Peaky Blinders is badass)

    I’d love to see what you expect from a 43 year old woman as far as musical taste goes. :) I think my generation has the luxury of staying a bit “younger” than our boomer parents. I mean, we grew up with Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and the Cure and the like, and their influence is still so strongly felt in most genres. And with more exposure to different types of music on so many different platforms? Not just a few crappy radio stations? Yeah, I think my musical taste is a lot younger than my parents had at my age, although it’s on the indie-alternative side rather than rap. Your parents are probably gen-xers, too, right? And yeah, I can’t believe that song wasn’t made just for Peaky Blinders. It fits so perfectly. I got the idea way back when the Songs of the North event was going on. It’s just so perfect. Sorry if this is just a wall of text. I’m on my tablet and sometimes it doesn’t do what I tell it to. :)
    • 275 posts
    July 4, 2018 4:01 PM EDT

    I like the idea Madd. I always liked to see Sabaton's Light in the Black playing after my Stormcloack PC defeated the Imperials.

    • 152 posts
    July 5, 2018 8:46 AM EDT

    ilanissilver Well as a 17 year old kid, I only wish I had a more refined musical taste than my generation seems to have developed, I work in a warehouse with people aged mostly 20-30 and whenever I take over the music for a bit I get ragged on for being a "uncultured swine" XD I'm sure you'd feel right at home listening to their Pandora playlists :) 

     

    Delta, that song is so upbeat and heroic, I'd love to see a kill compliation from the civil war questline with the stormcloaks destroying the imperials

    • 612 posts
    July 6, 2018 3:43 AM EDT

    MaddMannatee said:

    ilanissilver Well as a 17 year old kid, I only wish I had a more refined musical taste than my generation seems to have developed, I work in a warehouse with people aged mostly 20-30 and whenever I take over the music for a bit I get ragged on for being a "uncultured swine" XD I'm sure you'd feel right at home listening to their Pandora playlists :) 

    Don't worry I spent the first 21 years of my life being forced to listen to old people music in the car; admittedly the last 3 of those years where because I was too lazy to get my licence when I turned 18... anyway what I was going to say is that while the a lot of the music that is released now is terrible the old people music isn't much better.

    • 142 posts
    July 6, 2018 8:21 AM EDT
    MaddMannatee said:

    ilanissilver Well as a 17 year old kid, I only wish I had a more refined musical taste than my generation seems to have developed, I work in a warehouse with people aged mostly 20-30 and whenever I take over the music for a bit I get ragged on for being a "uncultured swine" XD I'm sure you'd feel right at home listening to their Pandora playlists :) 

     

    Pandora??? I would never. ;) Everyone, young or old(er), thinks their music is the best, and that’s the way it should be. My husband hates my music, and I’m not a fan of his. But honestly? Unless those people in the warehouse are clamoring to play some symphony or other, they shouldn’t crow too much over their music’s depth. I remember a few years ago, my daughter was maybe four, and she kept asking what songs on my playlist were about. I’d generally answer “love,” because that covered about 90% of it, and I wasn’t really ready to talk to my 4 year old about sex. Anyway, she said it was boring to have so many songs about love. I asked her what she’d rather they be about, and she thought for a second and said “cats.”
    • 2 posts
    July 6, 2018 9:12 AM EDT

    I love when I'll be telling people the sort of music I listen to, DMA's, Boy and Bear, Tash Sultana, Mutton Birds, Kacey Musgraves, Gang of Youths, Boo Seeka, City and Colour, City Calm Down, the National, that sort of thing, and then one of my mates will stare me dead in the eye and just say 'and who are these people again?' Even as a 15 year old I've never once listened to any rap other than Eminem and thought it sounded good, so I'm like an island in a sea.


    This post was edited by aFjallvarg at July 6, 2018 9:13 AM EDT
    • 142 posts
    July 6, 2018 9:38 AM EDT
    ...and Fjallvarg has stolen my playlist! Actually, I got into Gang of Youths because of your recommendation, so I thank you again for that.
    • 2 posts
    July 6, 2018 10:13 AM EDT

    No problem. What other bands do you listen to? We've probably got a very similar taste in music.

    • 583 posts
    July 6, 2018 3:22 PM EDT

    MaddMannatee said:

    Hey Z maybe we could throw some songs that would work good in here to kind of build up a supply of options to choose from. Like Esketit by Lil Pump wouldn't go with anything but like Till I Collapse (Eminem) could just be a sick orc beating the shit out of people, I Don't Die (Joyner Lucas) could be an ironic/funny necromancer compilation, Plug Walk (Rich the Kid) would be perfect for a Kajhiit skooma dealer XD. Idk its cringey but I think some would be really fun. Even just small clips from a song. Lemme know if you have any other ideas

    Might be personal taste, but I feel like the older the rap the better, or at least an older style. Basically anything by DMX or Eminem would pump you the fuck up for a badass montage. More modern rap is moving away from the solid beat it used to have - I'm pretty sure some Trap songs don't even have a beat half the time. Joyner Lucas could definitely work though, although maybe I'm biased because I love that guy.

    • 152 posts
    July 7, 2018 9:35 PM EDT

    Zonnonn said:

    Might be personal taste, but I feel like the older the rap the better, or at least an older style. Basically anything by DMX or Eminem would pump you the fuck up for a badass montage. More modern rap is moving away from the solid beat it used to have - I'm pretty sure some Trap songs don't even have a beat half the time. Joyner Lucas could definitely work though, although maybe I'm biased because I love that guy.

    Yeah modern rap definitely is feeling more and more idk empty and surface level (especially with all these new shitty/hilarious young rappers coming in {looking at you Lil Xan and 6ix9ine!}) But again with regards to Skyrim, it'll be weird regardless so all it takes is a kickass beat and generic hypeness and you're set. I'm currently playing like a leader of heroes build with 5 decked out followers and I think that Clique by Big Sean would be fucking sick to show off the whole squad doing their stuff. The ultimate dragon killing clique :D