Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello all!

• 2 posts
    February 11, 2018 12:45 PM EST

I found the Vault originally after googleing ways to RP a Thalmor character, but in looking around, I'll likely need a quite a lot more from the community here. Not just RP issues, but I've got some mod problems too.  (I can give back, too though!) 

I was playing and modding Morrowind quite a bit but then just didn't like Oblivion very much (everyone has an opinion) so I dropped out of ES games for quite awhile. I picked up Skyrim over Christmas just this past year in a Steam sale, and so that's pretty much how I've spent my last two months.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

• 700 posts
    February 11, 2018 2:28 PM EST

Welcome to the site, Monica. The Thalmor always seem to produce lively discussion, so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for and more. Just let me know if I can help out at all. How're you liking Skyrim? 

• 2 posts
    February 11, 2018 4:47 PM EST

I'm liking Skyrim quite a bit, actually! It offers a lot of room for different playstyles and a lot of meat for lore buffs. 

That said, is there a particular forum that is best for getting technical help with mods? I'm having a few issues and the Bethesda forums aren't very active, Reddit doesn't lend itself to those kinds of questions, so I'm not sure if the Modders Conclave would be the right place to go.

• 585 posts
    February 11, 2018 5:06 PM EST

Hey Monica, welcome to the site! I've just attempted to answer your question over in Roleplaying if you want to check that out, and I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming profile! I hope we've got a future RP nerd on our hands? (pretty please)

• 700 posts
    February 11, 2018 5:13 PM EST

Right on, glad you're liking it. It's super easy to get sucked into with all those playstyle options. Spot on about the lore though. We actually had an event here a while ago based on the in-game lore books. I think it was a Roleplay & Lore cross-group event. 

And yep, the Modder's Conclave is the place you want to be. There's a stickied conversation called Modder's Conclave Help Desk 2 -- that's the one you want. I'm not sure how much help I can personally be, but I'll see once you post your issue. If I can't help, I'll wrangle up some folks here who I know are far more experienced with mods. That is, if they don't stop by first. I know Lis (The Long-Chapper) is a heavy Skyrim modder. Dragonborn1921 (host of the group) is also deep into modding. I know Tenebrous makes his own mods, and Mr. Edd was just saying the other day how much fun he's been having modding and troubleshooting his games, so I'm sure that one of us will be able to help you. I mod too, but I just throw everything into LOOT, and I still haven't fixed the issue where all the guards in my FO4 game refuse to wear pants. 

• 1467 posts
    February 12, 2018 2:14 AM EST

Don't have as much to say as some of the others Monica but it is really good to see that you've been active. If Modding and Roleplaying are your areas of interest then Ebonslayer (host of the MC) and Zonnonn are definitely some good people to chat to. Ebon knows more about load orders and stuff like that than just about anyone I've ever talked to.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you really, so yeah, Welcome to the Site :D

• 1595 posts
    February 12, 2018 3:19 AM EST

Welcome, Monica :) Two months in and an addict, maybe you'll end up like us in that addiction will now forever haunt you :D Have fun and join in anywhere with no stigma to worry about necro-posting or any of that. Hit the Hosts up via PM if you still feel in the dark, along with us Admins if and when you want to. A list of who to go to can be found here if you need further support or anything else :)

• 284 posts
    February 12, 2018 6:04 AM EST

Hey Monica! Wlecome to the Site. Name's DeltaFox but everyone calls me Delta. I'm the Host over at the Fallout Hub. If you got any trouble with mods, I reccomend trying to install them manualy, especially lighting and graphic mods. I install all my mods manualy and I rarely have problems.