Forums » The Lounge

Getting To Know You - Vol. 1 - The Basics

    • 1452 posts
    April 12, 2017 12:24 PM EDT

    LittenLeKitten said:

    Well this looks like some fun!

    Even though I seem to be a bit late but why not!

    ...

    Never too late! Thanks for giving this a bump, and pleased to meet you :)

    • 224 posts
    May 20, 2017 8:38 AM EDT

    About You Off-Site:

    1. David Atticus aka The Man of a Thousand Names
    2. Tennessee
    3. Tennessee
    4. Yes, I help local business with their websites and promotions.
    5. 24
    6. Like a Wizard
    7. I honestly have no clue
    8. Inquisitive, Intelligent, Orderly, Helping, and Authentic
    9. Collecting and watching VHSes, DVDs, and Blu-Rays, learning new languages, researching anything, reading books, manga, and comics, drawing, writing random things, and listening to either classical, heavy metal, or old country music.
    10. Yes, I have one black cat named Mannimarco, and yes I named him after the Mannimarco

    About You On-Site:

    1. Which one, am I right? I usually chose a name based on a build or a lore piece I am working on. The Thief was because besides playing a mage a thief is my next played style, Potemus the Wolf King was because I was working a build by the same name, and the same for the others.
    2. I Googled roleplaying Skyrim builds and I got this great site
    3. Almost two years
    4. 4 days, and because I wanted to give back to this community.
    5. I was thinking about taking a month or two breaks, but now I may just hang out in Lounge and post topics.
    6. The People
    7. Don't have one honestly
    8. I tend to stick mainly to Elder Scrolls side, but I will branch out
    9. Yes. That would be my naming guides found in the Roleplay section
    10. According to my profile, I made 22

    This post was edited by David at May 20, 2017 3:21 PM EDT
    • 224 posts
    May 20, 2017 11:30 AM EDT

    Off-Site:

     

    1. Lord Dragonblood Gamington the Third Ian S. McClure

    2. Puerto Rico

    3. Puerto Rico

    4. Nope. No job yet.

    5. 18 years as of this writing

    6. Monstrously ugly.

    7. Hell if I know! :P

    8. Creative, Insane, Gloomy, Humorous, Sesquipedallian (look it up!)

    9. Writing, 3D whatsit (this includes my Skyrim project), failing evermore at drawing, eating, deep thinking about the nature of the world

    10. I have three cats and two doggos.

     

    On-Site:

     

    1. Tenebrous is a cool word.

    2. It's a place to share my Elder Scrolls writings! And other stuff got added later.

    3. Er... I dunno. :P

    4. Didn't lurk very long at all, actually.

    5. Nice people, mostly. Also, Elder Scrolls stuff. (And I'm kind of a host of the ESO group. There's that, too.)

    6. The community.

    7. The craziness with using italics in blog posts.

    8. Multiple, definitely.

    9. Yeppers.

    10. I'd say so!


    This post was edited by Tenebrous at May 20, 2017 11:31 AM EDT
    • 217 posts
    May 26, 2017 8:13 PM EDT

    Heck, why not:

     

    Off Site

    1. For english speakers, Stephan. Original, Stjepan.

    2. I'm from a small city in Croatia, called Bjelovar.

    3. The before mentioned Bjelovar.

    4. I work in a restaurant as a waiter. And I love it. Great people, lots of food and drinks. And booze.

    5. 19 as this writing.

    6. Don't want people to pass out.

    7. 1 meter and 70 centimeters.

    8. Can't think of anything.

    9. I love mountain biking.

    10. I don't have any pets.

     

    On Site

    1. D3LTAFOX - Been looking at pictures of Delta Force. Saw some fan art of a fox in Delta Force clothes and armor.

    2. Looked for some Tamriel lore and "accidently" pressed Tamriel Vault link. Thank Auriel I did.

    3. Been a member for about three months.

    4. For a year.

    5. I LOVE this place!

    6. Story Corner!

    7. I LOVE IT ALL!

    8. More of them. TSC, Fallout CB, Workshop, Fallout Hub. Thinking about expanding into TES Lore.

    9. My builds? My stories?

    10. Noodles, DB, Lis, to name a few.

    • 224 posts
    May 26, 2017 8:48 PM EDT

    D3LTAFOX said:

    Heck, why not:

     

    Off Site

    1. For english speakers, Stephan. Original, Stjepan.

    2. I'm from a small city in Croatia, called Bjelovar.

    3. The before mentioned Bjelovar.

    4. I work in a restaurant as a waiter. And I love it. Great people, lots of food and drinks. And booze.

    5. 19 as this writing.

    6. Don't want people to pass out.

    7. 1 meter and 70 centimeters.

    8. Can't think of anything.

    9. I love mountain biking.

    10. I don't have any pets.

     

    On Site

    1. D3LTAFOX - Been looking at pictures of Delta Force. Saw some fan art of a fox in Delta Force clothes and armor.

    2. Looked for some Tamriel lore and "accidently" pressed Tamriel Vault link. Thank Auriel I did.

    3. Been a member for about three months.

    4. For a year.

    5. I LOVE this place!

    6. Story Corner!

    7. I LOVE IT ALL!

    8. More of them. TSC, Fallout CB, Workshop, Fallout Hub. Thinking about expanding into TES Lore.

    9. My builds? My stories?

    10. Noodles, DB, Lis, to name a few.

    Auri-El, I think you meant to put Akatosh, right? Is it sad that I would know how to pronounce your name, even if I didn't know the English version?

    • 22 posts
    May 26, 2017 9:33 PM EDT

    David said:

    D3LTAFOX said:

    Heck, why not:

     

    Off Site

    1. For english speakers, Stephan. Original, Stjepan.

    2. I'm from a small city in Croatia, called Bjelovar.

    3. The before mentioned Bjelovar.

    4. I work in a restaurant as a waiter. And I love it. Great people, lots of food and drinks. And booze.

    5. 19 as this writing.

    6. Don't want people to pass out.

    7. 1 meter and 70 centimeters.

    8. Can't think of anything.

    9. I love mountain biking.

    10. I don't have any pets.

     

    On Site

    1. D3LTAFOX - Been looking at pictures of Delta Force. Saw some fan art of a fox in Delta Force clothes and armor.

    2. Looked for some Tamriel lore and "accidently" pressed Tamriel Vault link. Thank Auriel I did.

    3. Been a member for about three months.

    4. For a year.

    5. I LOVE this place!

    6. Story Corner!

    7. I LOVE IT ALL!

    8. More of them. TSC, Fallout CB, Workshop, Fallout Hub. Thinking about expanding into TES Lore.

    9. My builds? My stories?

    10. Noodles, DB, Lis, to name a few.

    Auri-El, I think you meant to put Akatosh, right? Is it sad that I would know how to pronounce your name, even if I didn't know the English version?

    I'm sorry but I think you both mean Alkosh? =P

    • 224 posts
    May 26, 2017 10:13 PM EDT

    LittenLeKitten said:

    David said:

    D3LTAFOX said:

    Heck, why not:

     

    Off Site

    1. For english speakers, Stephan. Original, Stjepan.

    2. I'm from a small city in Croatia, called Bjelovar.

    3. The before mentioned Bjelovar.

    4. I work in a restaurant as a waiter. And I love it. Great people, lots of food and drinks. And booze.

    5. 19 as this writing.

    6. Don't want people to pass out.

    7. 1 meter and 70 centimeters.

    8. Can't think of anything.

    9. I love mountain biking.

    10. I don't have any pets.

     

    On Site

    1. D3LTAFOX - Been looking at pictures of Delta Force. Saw some fan art of a fox in Delta Force clothes and armor.

    2. Looked for some Tamriel lore and "accidently" pressed Tamriel Vault link. Thank Auriel I did.

    3. Been a member for about three months.

    4. For a year.

    5. I LOVE this place!

    6. Story Corner!

    7. I LOVE IT ALL!

    8. More of them. TSC, Fallout CB, Workshop, Fallout Hub. Thinking about expanding into TES Lore.

    9. My builds? My stories?

    10. Noodles, DB, Lis, to name a few.

    Auri-El, I think you meant to put Akatosh, right? Is it sad that I would know how to pronounce your name, even if I didn't know the English version?

    I'm sorry but I think you both mean Alkosh? =P

    Alkosh or Akatosh either one is better than Auri-El. :)

    • 217 posts
    May 27, 2017 4:44 AM EDT

    Alkosh or Akatosh either one is better than Auri-El. :)

    I meant Auri - El. I am an Altmer, ain't I. Ehm, FOR THE DOMION!

    • 224 posts
    May 27, 2017 7:28 AM EDT

    D3LTAFOX said:

    I meant Auri - El. I am an Altmer, ain't I. Ehm, FOR THE DOMION!

    I'll let you sly by this time but remember one thing. VIVAT IMPERII!


    This post was edited by David at May 27, 2017 7:30 AM EDT
    • 653 posts
    May 29, 2017 10:41 AM EDT

    About You Off-Site:

    1. What's your name? Edana
    2. Where are you from? Ohio, originally, but I've lived all over. 
    3. Where do you currently live? The lonesome crowded (mid)west. If you know what that's a reference to, we'll be friends forever.
    4. Do you work? If so, where? Yes, I work at a research park based at a university as a communications specialist.
    5. How old are you? 31.
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) Dark hair, dark eyes. I'll go for bonus points. 



    7. How tall are you? 5'8"
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Quiet, passionate, deliberate.. I can't think of any more but I love dumb jokes and stupid internet things.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? I'm a cyclist and outdoor explorer. 
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? One cat. DW. He's about 9. For two--

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? Erm..
    2. What brought you here? I found the then Skyrim Blog because I wanted a place to connect with other people who were just as into Elder Scrolls as I was. Reddit seemed to casual, and many of the forums were relatively dead. This place was a lifesaver.  
    3. How long have you been a member? Two years. 
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I didn't lurk at all! The second I found it I knew I had to join. I dove right in.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) Well someone has to keep this place running!
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? The community. Since I joined I've watched people support one other, have fun and serious discussions, and become friends. I've met some wonderful people here who I'm a better person for knowing.
    7. Least favorite? Bugs and plugin limitations, primarily. 
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I try to check in with all the groups from time to time. I love seeing what everyone is up to. 
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Yes, but not much of it, I'm afraid. A build, RP profile, one blog entry... and I have many, many unfinished works. 
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? Sure! It's part of why I love this place so much.
    • 158 posts
    May 29, 2017 11:22 AM EDT

    Is this thread revived? :)  Nice to meet some new faces around here!

    • 224 posts
    May 29, 2017 12:50 PM EDT

    Edana said:

    About You Off-Site:

    1. What's your name? Edana
    2. Where are you from? Ohio, originally, but I've lived all over. 
    3. Where do you currently live? The lonesome crowded (mid)west. If you know what that's a reference to, we'll be friends forever.
    4. Do you work? If so, where? Yes, I work at a research park based at a university as a communications specialist.
    5. How old are you? 31.
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) Dark hair, dark eyes. I'll go for bonus points. 



    7. How tall are you? 5'8"
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Quiet, passionate, deliberate.. I can't think of any more but I love dumb jokes and stupid internet things.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? I'm a cyclist and outdoor explorer. 
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? One cat. DW. He's about 9. For two--

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? Erm..
    2. What brought you here? I found the then Skyrim Blog because I wanted a place to connect with other people who were just as into Elder Scrolls as I was. Reddit seemed to casual, and many of the forums were relatively dead. This place was a lifesaver.  
    3. How long have you been a member? Two years. 
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I didn't lurk at all! The second I found it I knew I had to join. I dove right in.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) Well someone has to keep this place running!
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? The community. Since I joined I've watched people support one other, have fun and serious discussions, and become friends. I've met some wonderful people here who I'm a better person for knowing.
    7. Least favorite? Bugs and plugin limitations, primarily. 
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I try to check in with all the groups from time to time. I love seeing what everyone is up to. 
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Yes, but not much of it, I'm afraid. A build, RP profile, one blog entry... and I have many, many unfinished works. 
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? Sure! It's part of why I love this place so much.

    Did I sense a Modest Mouse reference in the third question?

    • 53 posts
    May 30, 2017 1:45 PM EDT
    1. What's your name? Oliver / “Dylle” (by friends)

    2. Where are you from? Denmark but my father is English

    3. Where do you currently live? Denmark / Copenhagen

    4. Do you work? If so, where? Yes and no, I am a part time bartender, stand in teacher and a seven-eleven worker, I’m trying to scrape up money to go traveling sometime next year. After that I'll be a full time Univeristy student.   

    5. How old are you? 20 years

    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture)

             Dont have many pircture alone - notice the complete lack of beard :(  

     

     No im not angry... justy trying to look cool and stuff

     

     

    1. How tall are you? 1.74 cm = 5.7 foot… In Denmark I am small, I believe the average height here is around 1.82 cm = 5.9 foot so I am considered small.

    2. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Laughing, well-functioning-sociopath, sports-computer-book-nerd, the-king-of-vodka-cola and disorganized… I think I might have cheated on that one hihi

    3. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Playing football (soccer), mountain biking (live by woods), hanging out and having a laugh with friends as only a 20 year old can! Ohhh and my girlfriend, if that counts as a hobby and not a chore.. JK!    

    4. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? I have a sausage dog, a cat and a tortoise because my house is a temperate jungle apparently O.o

     

     

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? It sounds cool, duh!

    2. What brought you here? I’ve been here for many years and with just as many names behind me… I came here first time back in 2012 for builds and joined in 2013 on my first account.

    3. How long have you been a member? 4 years on and off.

    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I lurked for about a year, then I joined because I got attached. But I’ve had looooong periods of 0 activity and 0 gaming in general.

    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) Because I enjoy indulging in a little nerd-activity every now and then. I like to make stories and I like the community *group hug*.

    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? Dunno dude, that's like asking “what's the purpose of life?”, all of it i guess!  

    7. Least favorite? The lack of activity, I want more people to join, not that I’m dissatisfied with the current state of the vault!

    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I am as inconsistent as sunshine in the UK…

    9. Have you ever posted original content? I’ve posted more than I’ve commented I think O.O

    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? Not really, but that’s probably because I keep having long periods of 0 activity.


    This post was edited by BlueDremora at May 30, 2017 1:47 PM EDT
  • July 3, 2017 11:35 PM EDT

    About You Off-Site:

    1. Gwen
    2. Paris, France
    3. Tennessee
    4. Yes, I work as a secretary for a local law firm
    5. 24
    6. Yeah...no
    7. 5'4
    8. Nerdy is the only thing I can think of.
    9. Watching Anime, Reading Manga, writing haikus and bugging David 
    10. Yes, David and I have a black cat that he named Mannimarco

    About You On-Site:

    1. It is a reference to the movie The Last Samurai
    2. The builds, discussions, and hearing David talk about it
    3. Just signed up :)
    4. One month
    5. I don't know just signed up
    6. While lurking it was the events, builds, and the stories
    7. Uh huh, don't have one
    8. Not yet I don't, but that could change
    9. Nope, but I will soon
    10. Not yet, unless you count David, but hopefully I will make more
    • 18 posts
    July 11, 2017 7:30 AM EDT

    I guess it doesn't hurt. o.o

     

    About You Off-Site:

    1. What's your name? Mervi, but you will call me Caladran!
    2. Where are you from? Finland, that's in Europe.
    3. Where do you currently live? Finland.
    4. Do you work? If so, where?  No, I wish writing was a paid job.
    5. How old are you? 30+
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) Short mid-brown hair, blue eyes, enough fit, dark clothing.
    7. How tall are you? 164cms-ish
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Friendly, open, crazy, shy and sensitive.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Writing, making game videos, reading and walking. Also tea!
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? I have no pets, but I want to have a gray parrot!

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? Caladran is an Tolkienish elven name from my fantasy book that I'm trying to write.
    2. What brought you here? Character Crusade boys said you can share stories here, and more. I'm here for the stories. ^.^
    3. How long have you been a member? Since January 2017.
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? I lurked a few weeks before I had courage to join. I wanted to share my Skyrim stories. ^.^ Still trying to fit in somewhere here.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) There are stories to read and pictures to see. Maybe nice to people to talk to too. I'm trying to make this place as my second home, so.
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? o.o The Story Corner! I'm sure Sotek takes a good care of us lol!
    7. Least favorite? I don't know. I wish people would comment more on the stories.
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? One group is enough for now, not sure I'd wander over to Fallout section later.
    9. Have you ever posted original content? I think "Protected, no longer" story counts as one.
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? A few I think, but they don't talk much.  I don't know so much of Elder Scrolls Lore so I guess there's not much to talk about? *shrugs*
    • 8 posts
    October 1, 2017 3:03 PM EDT

    Hello folks :) 

    Since I'm new around here this seems like a great thing, even if I did a short "Introduce yourself" post.

    About You Off-Site:

    1. What's your name? Simon
    2. Where are you from? Sweden
    3. Where do you currently live? Somewhere in the middle of said country.
    4. Do you work? If so, where? Yes, I'm a railway engineer.
    5. How old are you? 27
    6. What do you look like? (bonus points for uploading a picture) Short brown hair, light-green eyes.
    7. How tall are you? 191cm (6,3ish?)
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? Introvert, Clumsy, Dreamy, Nerdy and Imaginative.
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Strength-training, skiing, reading, writing and tech in general.
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? Sadly no, I have always dreamed of a border collie but life right now doesn't really make it possible.

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? An old nickname derived from my real name that my friends called and still call me.
    2. What brought you here? The desire to read and share stories and fan fiction from TES.
    3. How long have you been a member? Two weeks? Give or take :)
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? A few months ago, I guess. Reading random stories linked by other TES fans.
    5. Why do you keep coming back? (Seriously, we've been trying to keep you away but you just. keep. coming. back.) I like it here so far and I am a lumbering, hardy and stubborn real life Nord. I can't be stopped.
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? The fantastic, warm and welcoming people :)
    7. Least favorite? That there's no signature-thing when posting in these forums, not a big deal though, but I had to name something.
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple? I hope to branch out in here once I get my bearings. 
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Not in here, yet. I have a blog where I publish fan fiction and my own original fantasy stories though.
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? A few kind souls who have welcomed me in my "Introduce Yourself" post and some less new friends from the Character Crusade community. :)

    This post was edited by Simpa5 at November 3, 2017 12:59 PM EDT
  • October 21, 2017 12:11 PM EDT

    About You Off-Site:

    1. What's your name? Justin but most call me Jay
    2. Where are you from? The Trailer Parks of Tennessee
    3. Where do you currently live? Maine, you know where every Stephen King book is set at...oh and Far Harbor
    4. Do you work? If so, where? I currently work at a local Tool and Die company
    5. How old are you? 26
    6. What do you look like? Long straight curly jet black hair, full beard, and somewhat heavy
    7. How tall are you? 5'8
    8. What five words would you use to describe yourself? A-hole, Smartass, Friendly, Fun, and Intelligent or so I think I am
    9. Aside from gaming, what are your hobbies? Doing really dumb things that I shouldn't be doing like jumping creeks on a dirtbike with a homemade ramp, reading, cooking, watching tv, annoy my finance, playing with my dog, hunting, fishing, and riding my motorcycle
    10. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are they? I got a fat Black Lab and Weimaraner mut named Izobella, but we call her Bella

    About You On-Site:

    1. What significance does your username have? Nothing really. I signed up on here after I watched the 97 Kevin Costner movie The Postman, so I took it from there
    2. What brought you here? David talking about it and Gwen reminding me of the site
    3. How long have you been a member? like a month or less
    4. How long did you "lurk" before you joined, and what eventually made you join? never lurked
    5. Why do you keep coming back? I have clue on how to answer this
    6. What's your favorite thing about the Vault? The Fallout section nuff said
    7. Least favorite? the ES section *prepares for battles*
    8. Do you prefer to hang around in only one group, or do you branch out to multiple?Mainly the Fallout group is all I stick to.
    9. Have you ever posted original content? Not yet, but you check out my Jekyll and Hyde Event Build in the workshop
    10. Have you made any friends on the Vault? I guess so, but I really don't know.