Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is everyone's favorite Mer race?

• 627 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:24 AM EDT

Yes well it's also kinda historical fact that they suck 

• T
    • 32 posts
    September 28, 2015 8:04 AM EDT

Khajiit, because their culture and country is interesting. 
    Altmer close after that, then Bosmer, Breton, Chimer, Dwemer, Dunmer/Chimer, Maormer, Sinistral elves, and I guess Orsimer comes last. Don't really like Orsimer.

• T
    • 32 posts
    September 28, 2015 8:25 AM EDT

Too funny :D. Calling Falmer the master race, when the Dwemer were literally their Masters. Falmer is the everyone's-bitch-race.

• 77 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:02 AM EDT

Altmer.  Mostly for the physical appearance (height) I'm a pretty tall person in real life so I find the immersion factor of Altmer the best for me.  Furthermore I love playing wizards and Altmer make the best wizards in Skyrim.  Culturally they are all kind of jerks though.

• 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:43 AM EDT
    khajiit aren't mer
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:44 AM EDT
    ya they are
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
    i don't care still the master race
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
    nope
    • 295 posts
    September 28, 2015 11:59 AM EDT

Altmer, followed by Snow Elves, and then Ayleids. 

Nothing like playing an Altmer warrior. The height is stunning. The only race, IMO, other than Orcs, who don't look derpy in armor. I'm playing an Altmer paladin on Requiem. He started with an increased cost to power attacks and a 50% weakness to magic. He's now a total badass. None of the drawbacks of being a warrior, all the benefits of being a mage. 

I actually find their culture very interesting. Read Rising Threat (a four-volume set on the Great Anguish and its impact on the High Elves) and there are several excellent articles here on their culture. It will put a whole new spin on the Altmer. Thalmor is not synonymous with Altmer. They are arguably one of the most tragic races in all of Tamriel. 

• 641 posts
    September 28, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

Hm it depends how technical you want to get...

• 26 posts
    September 28, 2015 12:35 PM EDT

There are rumours about TES6? I thought we had accepted (I secretly haven't) that we aren't getting anything for some time :P

• 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:20 PM EDT
    ya ive heard rumors about it
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:21 PM EDT
    they arent and they never will be theyre cat people not elves
  • T
    • 32 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:23 PM EDT

Nope? Come on, explain! The Falmer, no matter how awesome they look and how interesting they may be, were quite literally everyone's bitch. The Nords hunted them for fun and the Elves used them as slaves. Tell me, how are they the "master" race. Just curious, maybe you're even right, who knows.

• 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:24 PM EDT
    Altmers can be awesome in my current playthrough im one and i wish we could join the Thalmor
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:26 PM EDT
    how is any race the master race hmmm
    • 641 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:26 PM EDT

They were elves who were turned in to cats and they are known as Betmer 

• 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:28 PM EDT
    I am sorry i did not know that
  • T
    • 32 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:34 PM EDT

Aherm, let's dig into the lore. 

Context: Et'Ada created more-or-less all deities and everything. Among those were Magnus, the Aedra and Daedra, and more that you may have heard of. Then there's Ehlnofey, who you've probably not heard of. He's the one who created the races; Men and mer. Among men were the Nedes, Yokudans, and Amorans. (Ancient Imperials, Redguards, and Nords). All other races, except for the Breton and Argonian, are Elves. The argonians spawned from the hist, and the Bretons were created through years of crossbreeding between elves and men. The "regular" elves; Altmer, Dwemer, Ayleid, Snowelves, Maormer, and Sinister, are just different types. Maormer are lake-elves, altmer are islandelves (basically the original) and Dwemer are earth-elves. Then there's Orsimer, who were fucked up by Malacath and Boethiah, which made them look like mutilated elves with a skin disease, and the Dunmer, who were originally Chimer before Azura got her hands on them. 
    Finally, Bosmer and Khajiit. One day, Azura and Yf'fre got angry at eachother and decided to screw around with some random elves they found. Azura took some and put them in the desert, made them VERY versatile; that's why there are so many types of Khajiit. Yf'fre, however, was less original, and just put them in a forest and made them look kinda like trees; Bosmer. 
    Point is, if you're going to nag about Khajiit not being mer, Bosmer wouldn't be mer either. They had the same history till a god changed them. Same with Dunmer and Orsimer. (sorry for wall of text :/

I'll get you some links, so you can check for yourself if you want to.

• 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:40 PM EDT
    im good i just didn't know Khajiits were mer
    • 411 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:43 PM EDT
    The Thalmor want to unmake the world.
    • 39 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:46 PM EDT
    cool
  • T
    • 32 posts
    September 28, 2015 1:47 PM EDT

No problem, that's why I explained.

• 39 posts
    ok thanks
  • T
    • 32 posts

Oh no, options for roleplay! Please don't let us be evil Bethesda!