Forums » Elder Scrolls

Form Your Own Guild

• 641 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:01 PM EDT

If you could form your own guild in the Elder Scrolls universe what would it be and where would it be based? Would you form a group of assassin's and try and compete with the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood? Would you form a hunters guild who hunt the fiercest beasts in all of tamriel? Or would you form an alchemy guild and spend your days chasing butterflies?

• 404 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

a bounty hunting guild most likely. also first

• 177 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:08 PM EDT

Oooooo, I like this thread! Well, hmmmmmmmmmm, if I could start a guild...it would probably be a jester's guild! I have noticed in my adventures across Tamreil, there are hardly any jesters! It's an epidemic I tell you! They would be stationed were they would be hired, places were the rich reside, so I would imagine the Imperial City would be the base of operations! All jester's primary goal would be to entertain of course, but they would all receive a small amount of illusion training and perhaps a little on the teachings of our one and true lord, Sheogorath! I bet the Wabbajack would liven up a king's day! 

• 404 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

the world does need more Jesters. Cicero would approve.

• 168 posts
    September 4, 2015 7:49 PM EDT

I'd create the kick ass guild of Thalmor Slayers, because elven supremacy is not the only truth. Slaying Thalmor is the only truth that matters.

• 641 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:16 PM EDT

I'd have a Crafters Guild and it would be based in Orsinium. It would be the place where they train the most advanced smiths in Tamriel in the ways of metallurgy, forging, tempering, mining, architecture and transmutation. They would also be in charge of retrieving and studying advanced dwemer tech from ruins as well as keeping mines clear of monsters.    

• 45 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:20 PM EDT
    I don't like mimes, minstrels, thespians, acrobats, jugglers, troubadours, or tumblers. Flutists give me a headache. I particularly hate jesters.
    • 45 posts
    September 4, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
    Me gusta.
    • 27 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:05 PM EDT

Witch hunters guild, who would finally get around to getting rid of all those pesky mages and vampires hiding out in ruins and caves

• 1441 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:15 PM EDT
    The Ponies of Doom! We'd be a mounted mercenary company, that wears horse styled armor
    • 485 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:17 PM EDT

• 622 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:22 PM EDT

No one would take you seriously 

• 98 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:23 PM EDT

A guild that unlike the Vigilants of Stendarr is actually competent in the hunt of Daedra and other abominations. 

• 66 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:29 PM EDT

The Cheddar-Knights of Cheesekeep

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:32 PM EDT

I would be just a branch off o the stormcloaks that would be like Ulfric's navel fleet called the Stormcoast.

• 65 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:33 PM EDT

Let's see who gets my reference.

• 177 posts
    September 4, 2015 9:35 PM EDT

I would take them so seriously! You have not experienced true  horror until a grown man has staged a mounted charged towards you dressed as a  pony!

• 1441 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:23 PM EDT
    Alright, the Bare Bandits, we'd be bandits that charge at you wit nothing but oil as our only clothess like the fierce Norse berserkers and Celts
    • 622 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:30 PM EDT

I would make a guild that acts compeltly neutral in matters not unlike those that the Vigilants and Dawnguard deal with - Mainly vampires, lycanthropes, daedra and other monsters. Unlike the former, however, we would cure first, purge second. If a vampire or werewolf was seeking a cure and sought a peaceful existence, we would let them live but would strike them down the minute they harmed an innocent.

Think Witchers, but more related to TES Lore 

• 743 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:37 PM EDT

Too peaceful

• 404 posts
    September 4, 2015 11:41 PM EDT

cool, if only you can add a blade to the crossbow.

• 622 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:01 AM EDT

What does that have to do with my guild?

@Rouge: Some monsters can't be bargined with ;) There will be blood spilled!

• 411 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:04 AM EDT
    A group of vampires that kill all vampires that worship molag bal or try to spread the disease. They would have a strict belief that Molag bal cursed them and kill all vampires that dont wish to join. so there vampire hunters that are also vampires.
    • 404 posts
    September 5, 2015 12:04 AM EDT

you know, some fantasies have them

• 24 posts
    September 5, 2015 1:36 AM EDT
    Since a monster/witch/daedra hunting guild has already been proposed, i would start an adventurer's guild dedicated to discovering and exploring the unkown and forgotten places of skyrim. The Adventurer's guild would be based in the scenic woods of falkreath