Forums » Elder Scrolls

Racial Harmony in Tamriel: Is it Possible?

• 558 posts
    July 7, 2015 8:09 PM EDT

Good points

• July 7, 2015 8:52 PM EDT
    Your not trolling me. Your not even good at it. Trolling is a art.
    • 622 posts
    July 7, 2015 8:56 PM EDT

Shor, you're not being trolled. It's a discussion.

Not everything is about you.

• 168 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:02 PM EDT

Racial harmony in Tamriel is possible, yes and I'll tell you why. Let's take a look at Riften. That city is full of Dunmers and Argonians living together and we all know the Argonians waxed the floor with the Dunmers centuries ago in response for centuries of being slaves of the Dunmers. In Riften I NEVER watched a fight between Argonians and Dunmers, just some conversations between Keerava and Indaryn as well as a worried Tythis about his friend Wujeeta. And let's not forget Brand-Shei, A Dunmer who was raised by an Argonian family.

Well, if the Argonians and the Dunmers could put all their past behind and get along with each other (at least on Skyrim), so will the other races. The only problem are factions that incite xenophobia such as the Thalmor and most of Stormcloaks supporters.

• 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:10 PM EDT

Again. Im just trying to have an interesting conversation. I cant imagine what I could possibly bait you into saying that you wouldnt already say without any provocation.

• July 7, 2015 9:19 PM EDT
    That is where you are mistaken.
  • July 7, 2015 9:22 PM EDT
    I've never seen such passive aggressiveness. My Sheilds can't deflect passive attacks of this magnitude!
    • 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:24 PM EDT
    Hah.
    • 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:32 PM EDT

Id like to hear opinions on what concessions would have to be made on the part of each race to achieve some semblance of peace. 

• 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:35 PM EDT

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to tick off a bunch nords in their own city. 

Just sayin', and likewise for other nations as well. If I were Nord(not nord specifically) in a Dunmer city I wouldn't want to piss off all the locals either. 

• 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:46 PM EDT

Maybe everyone just needs to sit around the camp-fire on a cold summer night, and sing kumbaya? 

• 145 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:48 PM EDT

TESVI should be that.

• July 7, 2015 9:51 PM EDT
    》 Cold
    》 summer

What?
    • 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 9:53 PM EDT

Antarctica bro. 

• July 8, 2015 5:45 AM EDT

The Dunmer would have to compensate both the Khajiit and the Argonian Races for their enslavement, Ulfric and his nationalist cause would need to be given fair voice at the Elder Council in Cyrodill (a bit like the Scottish and Welsh Assembly's) to end the Civil war, a more lasting peace then brokered with the Thalmor with regard to religious freedoms within the White Gold Concordant, the Dominion to withdraw from Skyrim all together once these protocols are in place I believe relations between all would definitely improve somewhat.

• 4 posts
    July 8, 2015 6:19 AM EDT

Ah yes, dunmer living in a ghetto and argonians on the dock. 'racial harmony'

• 4 posts
    July 8, 2015 6:21 AM EDT

Ulfric wants the throne, not peace.

• July 8, 2015 6:24 AM EDT

I am aware of that mate, what I wrote was a supposition of what could be

• July 8, 2015 7:58 AM EDT
    I think the best way to achieve harmony would be if all the races retreated to their perspective provinces, and only interacted through trade and war. It would alleviate a lot of racial social tension because it removes that interaction and chance for friction. Boom. Har - money.
    • 47 posts
    July 8, 2015 9:26 AM EDT
    Don't forget the khajit that aren't even allowed to go into the city.
  • July 8, 2015 9:29 AM EDT
    Well they're know drug smugglers and thieves. And the dunmers main go to is an imperial sympathizer....so. you could say it's justified.
    • 47 posts
    July 8, 2015 9:33 AM EDT
    Just because you have a shop doesn't mean you get business. Obviously it's a game so certain mechanics are missing, but think about how many small businesses fail because they can't generate enough revenue.
    • 47 posts
    July 8, 2015 9:36 AM EDT
    Have you proposed this idea to your local civil rights leaders? I get the feeling SEGREGATION would be frowned upon.
    • 113 posts
    July 8, 2015 2:21 PM EDT

Aggressive assimilation won't work either Nick. 

• 113 posts
    July 8, 2015 2:28 PM EDT

lolwut, i guess so, if they got this guy liking just about everyone.