Forums » Elder Scrolls

A New Order of Talos/Blades.

• 1 posts
    June 5, 2015 10:03 PM EDT

First post to the forum, yay me! I'm badly dyslexic so if you have trouble reading/making sense of my writings I'm sorry.

So having play Skyrim (360 edition) to the point my disk shattered. I've always pick the Imperial side of the war. Never liked the idea of a bunch of racist Nord Stormcloaks  strutting about. Throughout the game I've picked up on a few points where there could have a different twist the fate of the Stormcloaks.

Starting from neutral viewpoint the Stormcloaks could have made a really good start for a new Order of Talos. The way  I see it they are a mass group of Talos worshippers, & are willing to die  to bring glory to him. With the Imperial Legion low in numbers they could easily give Ulfric the leading position and lead his people to farther the teaching of Talos. Even though the Dominion  is strong and working the outlaw to it's fullest affect. A Legion backed with the army of Talos worshippers and a leader that can Shout could be a force to content with.

If you look at like this, The Dragonborn convinces Tullius to allow the Stormcloaks to fall under the banner of the Order. Bring the battle to the Thalmor Embassy combining forces, rather then fight each other.  During Season Unending this could have made for a really big twist in game. Or a good opening for ES-VI.

Anyone see this or thought about this?   Just seeing if this theory could have fit in the ES lore.

• 1467 posts
    June 5, 2015 10:10 PM EDT

That does seem like an interesting theory, the Blades seem to have given up on Talos at some point however, once they were certainly followers but in Skyrim I don't even remember them mentioning it. But on Tullius allowing Ulfric to start up this Order, seems unlikely. To me it always seemed like Tullius and Ulfric had a much larger problem with each other than just being n opposing sides during the civil war. I mean look at Rikke and Galmar, those two obviously have some history and it's a bummer you can't learn about it but there is something there.

So while I don't think it's likely it would be a fantastic idea to start ES 6 off with, a very interesting one as well. 

• 9 posts
    June 6, 2015 12:35 AM EDT
    Odds are, the next elder scrolls 6 is going to be in the second Great War.
    • 558 posts
    June 6, 2015 1:07 AM EDT
    Illuminati confirmed?