Forums » Elder Scrolls

Guide to Death Magic

• 201 posts
    April 25, 2015 5:20 PM EDT
    Ok so I have had this idea for quite some time, but haven't really tried it,the first one is a collection of spells that hen favorited, makes you feel like a master of death, of some sorts... Now these spells are set up from Alteration to restoration.
    1. Detect life and Detect dead, Stoneflesh, CandleLight, and Waterbreathing(I call it Preserve Breath)

2. Fury and Frenzy, and maybe Call to Arms and Courage if you have the perk Master of the mind...

3. Frostbite, Ice Spike, Ice storm, Frost cloak, Icy Spear and finally for the Frost is Blizzard...

4. All the Reanimation spells, Summon Ice Atronach, Summon Familiar, Summon Flaming Familiar, and Soul trap and Soul Cairn Summons...

5. Fast healing, Steadfast ward, Close Wounda, Grand Healing, Circle of protection, Sun fire, Stendarrs Aura, Coires Bane, Poison Rune, Nexromantic Healing...

Now for the powers, You will use the Autherieal Crown for the Ritual stone, and You will use the Mage Stone for your Standing stone. Also use Moras Agony...

For the Shouts you will use Soul tear, Marked for death, Aura Whisper, Become Ethereal, Summon Durnehviir, Call of Valor, and Whirlwind Print... Ok that is all for the magic section of Magic, now the the Death Gear...

Death Gear Is going to consist of a couple of couple Aesthetic pieces of armor and clothing that adds suspicion mainly...

Weapons Consisting mostly of Staves and daggers: Mehrunes Razor, Miraaks staff and Sword, Blade of Woe, Dawnbreaker, Ebony Dagger and Ebony sword, Staff of Magnus, Skull of Corruption.

Armor: Necromancer robes( Hooded Variant ), Mythic dawn robes, Mythic dawn Gloves and boots, Miraaks Outfit, Nightingale Hood, Shoruded Robes, Gloves, Boots and Hood and finally, Azhidals ring of necromancy...

Now if there are any comments or questions just feel free to ask me, If you have any thing that you would like to add to all of this simply comment.
    • 161 posts
    April 26, 2015 1:23 AM EDT

I think you got as close as you can with Skyrim Magic.   I think Death magic would be like Blood magic (Tying life essence to the target and exchanging, in a way) But more of Life Stealing and Summons, but more importantly buffing you and your minions up. 

• 1467 posts
    April 26, 2015 9:56 AM EDT

I think this is an interesting idea, a few of these combos seem interesting .For the first one though, why Telekinesis, it has very limited usage outside of stealing (and even then very limited) 

I'm interested in seeing what exactly could be done with Death Magic, and the idea of it but did you consider Azhidal's Ring of Necromancy, that'd be rather interesting to add a non-caring feel to the character (although it'd make a lot of those buffs kinda useless) perhaps it'd be an interesting alternate Death Mage

• 201 posts
    April 26, 2015 1:44 PM EDT
    Cool I'll consider putting Azhidals ring in here... and you have a point with telekinesis, I didn't mean for it to have a combat purpose, it was more for the "feeling" but I understand, Thanks guys!
    • 161 posts
    April 26, 2015 3:02 PM EDT

Telekinesis doesnt have much of a death feel, but I've once made a playthrough with a sword summoner character who used bound swords and the enemies weapons to pick them up and fling it at them doing major damage and one shooting the enemies.

• 33 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:33 PM EDT
    I don't know what this is for XD but like I mentioned in my blood ancient buold I consider Soul Carn sum,one to be the only pure form of necromancy with real souls, mere reanimated is simply a sick party trick.

I will also use this comment to talk about something of a controversy I have seen. I think the majority of people consider frost magic death magic because it is what necromancers use. But then on the other hand "fires of hell" so. I might actually make this a debate topic hmm.
    • 490 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:48 PM EDT
    Cook really bad soup and call it DEATH SOUP.
    • 131 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:51 PM EDT
    I'd narrow death magic down to the darker restoration/alteration spells being necromantic healing along with poison rune and then equilibrium and the paralyzation spells. Then of course necromancy. You could pick the minion route or the decoy trap being minions with ahzidals ring. Soul cairn summon get the vibe perfectly and kind of lessen the need for destruction and that tied with ahzidals ring makes it more minion based. For stones ritual is great but i'd also get the serpent stone as it has a powerful poison/paralyze effect. All of mora's stuff i great aswell. Detect spells as you've listed would work well if you use ahzidals ring as if you use it, you'll need to replenish your corpses quite often.

As for gear, you've got it covered. Though with all your undeadies i don't think atronachs will be needed so you might also put sanguine's rose away. Dawnbreaker does however not make much sense.
    • 131 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:53 PM EDT
    How did i write so much on an ipad..
    • 131 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:00 PM EDT
    Healing is fine, as it is twisting life technically.
    • 201 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:03 PM EDT
    As a master of death, you can heal it, Destroy it or make it, so Dawnbreaker is a destroyer... if that makes any sense
    • 201 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:04 PM EDT
    The idea isn't for anything in particular, it's just a way of playing a Mage, No this is not a Character build. Well, In this idea, Bodies are usually frozen to preserve life, so therefore=Frost
    • 131 posts
    April 26, 2015 5:06 PM EDT
    Yeah it does. As you play with life, you can decide it's fate aswell.