Forums » General Gaming

Dragon's Dogma

• 577 posts
    March 1, 2012 3:34 AM EST

Well, I brought up Reckoning in hopes to see what people thought here on the Skyrim Blog and got mixed responses which was great. Here's my second installment(lol, whatever that means) on a new RPG that's coming out in May. Again, it seems to put me on the fence. The video is 30min and gives you a good sense on gameplay and what's going on. I do think the "pawns" at the end is a cool idea. I believe you'll be able to develope, purchase and borrow them from other players.

I know nothing about this game. Just from this lasted photage and a little bit a couple weeks ago. Thought I may through this bone out here and see if people bite on it!Sorry, coming out on consoles only....

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_dragons_dogma20120228

• 426 posts
    March 1, 2012 4:03 AM EST

I will check it out man. I dont have the pennies for new games at the min though.

• 577 posts
    March 1, 2012 4:16 AM EST

Did you watch the video? (you're probably at work)

• 426 posts
    March 1, 2012 4:17 AM EST

Not yet will be a lunch time thing i think.

• 773 posts
    March 1, 2012 8:18 AM EST

It looks decent, I'm just not sure I want to be playing another RPG so soon that focuses on dragons.

And the lack of a PC version is probably a 'no-no' for me....

• 577 posts
    March 1, 2012 9:04 AM EST

classic..

• March 1, 2012 12:36 PM EST

I don't think I'm even gonna watch the video...

I hear no PC version, then I'm not getting it. I was sooo mad when I found out that Dark Souls was console only. That game looked so fun (And quite a bit frustrating )

• 297 posts
    March 1, 2012 2:29 PM EST

well thats a bad attitude to have julien,

consoles are made solely for gaming pc's are not,im not saying pc's cant run games as good as consoles merely that thats not their primary function,For company's it sometimes makes more sense to just have a console only launch,a big part of that is the piracy pc's have too put up with and also the overall audience is going to be console users.And with smaller companies the bottom line is everything.

Fair enough comment if you only have a pc though

• March 1, 2012 4:32 PM EST

I gave my Xbox 360 to my bro. I don't use it anymore.

• 297 posts
    March 1, 2012 4:34 PM EST

Understood ,

I get why you take your stance then

• March 1, 2012 7:58 PM EST

Ah, I see. You thought I was just being prejudiced about the consoles.

• 132 posts
    March 2, 2012 6:47 AM EST

Wow... the character customization looks amazing in this game, and lo and behold, how you shape your character actually matters! I think it's awesome changing your height and weight actually affects gameplay. The battle mechanics look pretty fun as well, especially the whole Shadow of the Colossus climbing thing. I'm not really a fan of the voice acting, but that's never been a deal breaker for me.

• 577 posts
    March 22, 2012 11:09 PM EDT

This is turning out to looking pretty cool.

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/dragons-dogma?sid=6367376&overridePid=0

• March 22, 2012 11:19 PM EDT

Yeah I just watched the video and it looks pretty cool.

We'll see though. I usually wait for reviews. (Except for games like Skyrim of course )

• 577 posts
    March 22, 2012 11:29 PM EDT

I also wait for reviews. I'm just keepin my eyes out for anything right now. lol Got the Witcher2 coming out in a couple weeks. Gettin that for sure. Just need a new, fresh game to sink my teeth into. I'm done holding my breath for dlc. ha! I'm telling myself it won't come out till september so I won't go mad, therefore, if it comes out earlier, I'll be excited!! LOL

• 708 posts
    March 23, 2012 12:44 AM EDT

Looks pretty cool, pity it's console only. I guess that's why the graphics look a bit last-gen

• 577 posts
    March 28, 2012 9:24 AM EDT

Jeez, looks like they even got Dragon Priests in this game. It's at 1:13. I'm still getting a little more and more excited for this game though....

http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/dragons-dogma

• 577 posts
    March 28, 2012 9:28 AM EDT
    • 577 posts
    April 10, 2012 12:13 PM EDT

The lighting looks incredible on this!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-2012-dragons-dogma/728953

• 577 posts
    April 14, 2012 8:17 PM EDT

Yeah, this is looking real shitty....

http://youtu.be/Jmox6rdpiog

• April 15, 2012 8:17 AM EDT

Really?
    As long as it's not the super prominant feature it looks like it'll add some cool gameplay.

It seems wierd that there are a bunch of huge multi-creature monsters everywhere though....

• 577 posts
    April 15, 2012 9:44 AM EDT

Nah, I'm only kidding Julian. I think it looks incredible. I think this game will  be a dark horse this year. I know it won't be on PC, but still looks great. If you have any intrest (I know you play PC), check out all the classes they'll have and their combat moves www.dragonsdogma.com  Don't think there's nothing to sneeze at in this game.

• April 15, 2012 9:46 AM EDT

Lol, that's ok. I got enough Console only games I want

And there are already alot of different games I want right now so...

• 13 posts
    April 15, 2012 2:40 PM EDT

Dark Souls is Being Ported to PC, So you can die all you want over and over Now on the PC!

• 38 posts
    April 16, 2012 3:55 AM EDT

I will be buying this game, thanks for sharing it