Forums » Elder Scrolls

Match a questline or dungeon crawl to one of the Nine. What woul

• 1595 posts
    April 14, 2015 4:44 AM EDT

So I was thinking about what side quests or dungeons would make a good stand in for the missing Nine Divine quests for roleplay purposes. Three of them are already covered: Dibella, Kynareth and Mara, but what about the other six?

For example I was thinking that Forbidden Legend would make a good quest for Julianos, or if that is too much of a stretch there are a couple of forts containing shrines to him. Stringing them together could make for a nice little story.

The others may be harder. What would be your custom questline?

• 92 posts
    April 14, 2015 8:43 AM EDT

I would say that Forelhost or Skuldafn could be a stand-in for Akatosh (but I'm leaning more toward Forelhost). The mini-quest is called "Siege of the Dragon Cult," which fits Akatosh's avatar nicely. Forelhost is one of the more difficult dungeons in Skyrim proper, which suits Akatosh's position in the pantheon.

It's a stretch but Skuldafn might be a stand-in for Arkay. Skuldafn contains the portal to the afterlife in Sovngard; Arkay is the god of burials and funeral rites. 

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 1:00 PM EDT

I'm not sure all of the Divines need a quest.  What would you do for Zenithar, a trading sequence to annoy all the role-players who don't fast travel?

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 1:30 PM EDT

True, Riften is eventually the best place to be an alchemist so it's definitely the financial powerhouse!

• 168 posts
    April 14, 2015 5:58 PM EDT

Dawnguard side quests should be great for Stendarr I think.

• 92 posts
    April 14, 2015 8:47 PM EDT

The Forgemaster's Fingers mini-quest could be attributed to Zenithar.

• 1595 posts
    April 14, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

The MQ already has a ton of Talos and Aka themes so it may be best to leave Skuldafn out.

I like the Siege on the Dragon Cult idea, that works.

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

Dawnguard in general seems pretty geared toward Stendarr.  Meridia would definitely be an allied Daedra, too.

• 1595 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:00 PM EDT

Good ideas about Riften and Zenithar, although there must be something a bit more active we could do. Something along the lines of getting Isolda her tusketh.

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:02 PM EDT

I think it would have to be more than just a fetch quest for a bunch of Malacath worshipers.

• 92 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:06 PM EDT

Good point.

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:14 PM EDT

Zenithar is actually kind of anti-thievery.  You'd need the guild to establish some sort of business (a legit front at the very least) to have anything but an anti-Zenithar storyline.

• 237 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:21 PM EDT

On to a different Divine!

A quest line with Arkay involving putting the draugr to rest after Alduin and the dragon priests were defeated?  That would be epic both in scope and in role-playing opportunities.  Plus everybody loves killing draugr!

• 558 posts
    April 14, 2015 11:37 PM EDT

I would associate Bthardamz with Akatosh because it takes forever to complete

On a serious note, I would associate Stendaar with Blind Cliff Bastion. This is because you help someone in need, and that someone is a someone that is a hagraven.

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 12:02 AM EDT

I like it.  Got any example dungeons?

• 33 posts
    April 15, 2015 12:07 AM EDT

There is a quest laid to rest which has a death sort of theme for arkay woth the whole fire and ghosts.

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 1:31 AM EDT

That one works really well, good idea.

• 237 posts
    April 15, 2015 3:07 AM EDT

Come to think of it, stopping the resurrection of Potema would be a really great Arkay quest.

• 1595 posts
    April 15, 2015 4:40 AM EDT

Those three quests, Laid to Rest, The Man Who Cried Wolf and The Wolf Queen Awakened make an excellent Arkayn arc. Add in that Falkreath side quest to find the Altemer's journal and we have enough content to make a nice little story.

• 1441 posts
    April 15, 2015 3:40 PM EDT

The Bard's College have you recovering lost poems, which could fit Julianos or Zenithar 

• 68 posts
    April 19, 2015 9:11 PM EDT
    Best stuff for Zenithar would be aiding crafters. The 3 I can think of off the top of my head are the smith and jewler in riften and the alchemist in solitude. I'm sure there are more though. Or if all crafters is a bit much maybe just the smiths in each hold capital.
    • 68 posts
    April 19, 2015 9:24 PM EDT
    I think aiding Calcemo with his Dwemer research or finding the Ancient Falmer books fits Julianos pretty well. Or the Atherium Forge quest line could work for Zenithar or Julianos. Reseruicting the Gilda Gleam tree is by default a Kynerath quest since it's a priestess of Kynerath you do it for. Siding with the Stormcloaks is deffinetly a Talos option, but there's also delevering Torygg's horn and the main story.
    • 1595 posts
    April 20, 2015 4:34 AM EDT

I like the association of Zenithar and Julianos through the Aetherium Forge quest, that's rather clever. I hadn't seen many examples of how their two spheres could overlap but this is certainly one of them.

• 68 posts
    April 20, 2015 8:53 AM EDT
    So for rp purposes the quest lines that I think work the best would be. Main story for Akatosh, Unearthed for Arkay, Aetherium Forge for Zenithar, Bloodskal Bandits for Stendarr, Forbiden Legend for Julianos, and Stormcloaks or Dragonborn for Talos.

Stendarr is the god of justice so I find wiping out an infamous band of bandits more fitting than killing vampires or daedra followers.