Forums » Elder Scrolls

Strategies for Travel and Exploration

• 38 posts
    February 28, 2012 2:47 PM EST

What are some ways that you guys like to travel, find, explore random dungeons throughout Skyrim?

I know as someone who doesn't ever fast travel, I will pursue a few quests here and there, maybe go to town and empty my inventory enough and then just go out exploring.  I usually am walking and see a cave pop up on my map that is relatively close by and say to myself, "I am going to go explore that."  How do you guys go about exploring the entirety of Skyrim?

• 80 posts
    February 28, 2012 8:22 PM EST

I usually stick with quests. I am more interested in story line, usually. On the other hand, no quest has yet taken me to Dawnstar, so I recently decided to go there, just to see it.

• 739 posts
    February 28, 2012 8:42 PM EST

Hahaha! A classic John Rose comment! So innocent, yet strangely seedy and unsettling at the same time....

Ah, bless you John! The blog wouldnt be the same without you! I love you man!

• 162 posts
    February 29, 2012 3:02 AM EST

I fast traveled a lot with my first char but with my current one I walk/run from place to place. I love to do site seeing during the trips. Gonna get her a horse one of these days though. I try to get some quests before I explore new areas and or places. I always got the feeling that I miss things when I just randomly explore sites. 

• 426 posts
    February 29, 2012 4:17 AM EST

Ive not been everywhere yet but tend to use a similar stragey to you. I didnt do any random dungeon diving though. I only went somewhere if I had a quest. I didn't want to risk glitches etc.

• 4 posts
    February 29, 2012 8:47 AM EST

I pretty much fast travel everywhere. This for the sole purpose of not acquiring every single quest in the game at the same time. 

Had I not been so kind to everyone, and stopped putting my nose in other people's bussiness or asking about every single detail, perhaps I could've explored more... 

• 4 posts
    February 29, 2012 8:20 PM EST

There's a mod for that

• 28 posts
    March 1, 2012 10:41 AM EST

I tend to fast travel alot! But I've decided (right now) to not fast travel at all on the character I've just made! (Though I'll probably still use the wagon from time to time =p)