Forums » Elder Scrolls

Master Crafting Perks

• 229 posts
    January 28, 2015 4:51 PM EST

They're useful, and I know the possibilities with Alchemy are amazing, but they're for such a short time that I find them better as a source of money. I NEVER use potions in my playthroughs unless I'm about to die from something and I done have time to use my spells.

I imagine that if you play the game on Master or Legendary they'd be a godsend.

• 95 posts
    February 4, 2015 11:09 AM EST

I think that mastering the crafting skills breaks the game very often. The alchemy master perk is not so good, but having lvl 100 Alchemy plus alchemist 5/5, the physician and benefactor is already too powerful. 

Enchanting...Extra effect is game breaking unless you intentionally put useless enchantments on your stuffs. But why would you do so?

Smithing...Hmm ok, Smithing is fine, it is not game breaking if you do not combine it with the 2 others.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 4, 2015 11:28 AM EST

I use 100 Enchanting and Alchemy to enchant a ring and necklace with ~80% Spell Cost Reduction in Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, and Illusion.

Hours of grinding for two items and I'm completely set for the rest of my gaming experience. I use enchanting for my follower's gear more than my own.

• 249 posts
    February 4, 2015 12:00 PM EST
    A more useful Master Alchemy perk could have been the ability to make a potion from a single ingredient. Wasn't that Oblivion's? Though I would have much preferred a perk that allowed you to craft potions anywhere instead of at a damn table!
    • 207 posts
    February 4, 2015 12:11 PM EST

HOw do you get this high magnitudes? Are you using necromage+vampire or fortify resto? Im curious.

• 207 posts
    February 4, 2015 12:12 PM EST

Funny, this are exactly the two things I would have liked as master alchemy perk.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    February 4, 2015 12:35 PM EST

Fortify Restoration potions.

It's a real pain in the ass, to be honest, trying to get the right percentages. You go from 100% to 600% and 2000% in three potions, so I end up mixing different strength Fortify Restoration potions with different items enchanted with Fortify Alchemy.

I start with four, then switch to three, then two as the potions get increasingly potent until I find a potion that works for what I need.