Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bug: Guard-Sense Is Tingling

• 125 posts
    November 21, 2014 10:55 PM EST

So I decided that my assassin character, Rikka, would commit her very first cold-blooded murder in the game. The victim? Heimskr, the rambling priest of Talos that everyone in Whiterun hates. Stealthily Rikka broke into Heimskr's lonely house, drew out her katana, and butchered him in an instant. Then came the obligatory bounty messages.... but something was wrong; even though I'd killed the one and only witness, Rikka's bounty wasn't going away. And even though there was nobody there to alert the guards of what had happened, they nevertheless came bursting through the door proclaiming that I'd committed crimes against Skyrim and her people. Either Heimskr's ghost alerted them before passing on, the guards themselves suddenly have psychic powers, or there's a glitch in the game. I need help! Rikka's bloodlust can't be contained for long! D:

~MMT

• 38 posts
    November 21, 2014 11:01 PM EST

if you need to roleplay it, make it so that they heard the scream and came to see what happend then saw you next to the dead body

• 404 posts
    November 21, 2014 11:08 PM EST

great story, sounds realistic in a way.

• 122 posts
    November 22, 2014 2:21 AM EST

Unrelated note: That sleeveless leather armor. I want one.

• 125 posts
    November 22, 2014 1:07 PM EST

I guess that WhiteW0lf's suggestion could make sense, but it breaks immersion for me since it defies the in-game bounty mechanic. Heimskr's the only one in his own house; he has no pets, no relatives, nothing. Yet the guards can still tell that he's been murdered. Does nobody have a fix?

• 125 posts
    November 22, 2014 1:08 PM EST

Now that, I can provide. Follow this link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6975/?