Forums » Elder Scrolls

Ulfric Stormcloak: Racist, power hungry egomaniac, or valiant fr

• 1441 posts
    November 17, 2014 6:43 PM EST

Some who work for the Nords

• 4 posts
    November 17, 2014 7:34 PM EST

I agree about the seemingly one race rules all attitude put off by Nords. Only, in a world of millions of races, we do the same. There's nothing wrong with a 'we are the best' outlook. It's close-minded, but understandable. When I first played Skyrim, Ulfric seemed to be more of a power hungry dictator rather than dedicated freedom fighter. The way he speaks to everyone in the game only solidifies my mindset. (Note: You all know we can sit and listen as a third party to any Skyrim characters' conversations)

• November 24, 2014 10:32 PM EST

In the Bear of Markarth, it says the Empier were going to let the Reach be given to the Reachmen as an independent Kingdom. The Reach wouldn't be Skyrim anymore, it would be it's own thing. 

You go Ulfric! Keep Skyrim's land Skyrim's. 

• 55 posts
    November 25, 2014 4:28 AM EST

Only page 89?!? thought we would have reached 100 at least by now. C'mon peeps, argue some!

• 78 posts
    November 25, 2014 6:40 AM EST

Exactly. The Reach belongs to the nords from the days of Ysgramor. The emperor singed a paper regarding the people of Skyrim, but without even asking the people of Skryim. 

"Imperials are the good guys!"

• 641 posts
    November 25, 2014 7:47 AM EST

Uh no it hasn't

• November 25, 2014 8:52 AM EST
    The Reachmen certainly don't own it when their leader is chased into the hills.
    • 1217 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:10 AM EST
    Same as saying the Nords/Stormcloaks won't own it when the Imperials chase their leader into the hills(figuratively, o'course, 'cuz the loser of the war gets executed).
  • November 25, 2014 10:13 AM EST

In all honesty, I'd say that they are two different circumstances. With the reach, those reachmen were conquered. With Skyrim and the Empire, one stabbed the other in the back. 

But let them fight anyways. 

• 1217 posts
    November 25, 2014 10:22 AM EST
    No, the situations are really the same. Being friends before just makes it an uglier fight. Especially since Ulfric started the conflict.
  • November 25, 2014 2:40 PM EST

There's not much more to say. If there's an argument to be made about this topic, I guarantee it's somewhere in here. At this point, it's just stragglers coming in months later, posting the same stuff that's been brought up ten times before.

• November 25, 2014 2:42 PM EST

Titus mede and his Elven sex-masters started this. 

• November 25, 2014 2:43 PM EST

I feel like the Empire giving The Reach to the reachemen is a new thing. That's reason for war right there.

• 490 posts
    November 25, 2014 2:50 PM EST

What always got me was how long it took the Nords to actually do something about it.

Hammerfell took action right away.

True Nords ... Wait way too long?

• 641 posts
    November 25, 2014 3:02 PM EST

Who cares about Talos anyway, that guy\s was a douche.

• November 25, 2014 3:29 PM EST

You mad cause he stylin on you? 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 5:30 PM EST

Can't conjure a meaningful reply so you leave some witty remark instead.

Stay classy now, Shor. Wouldn't want to ruin your reputation and offer some sound arguments, would you?

• 641 posts
    November 25, 2014 5:34 PM EST

I mean seriously, everybody (players that is) seems to put Tiber Septim on a pedestal but that guy (or guys) was a raving loon.  

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 5:46 PM EST

I don't think most players bother to read about who Tiber Septim was or what he did. They're like Shor and carry this picture of an amazing hero-god who founded an empire, disregarding the vast swathes of death and destruction he unleashed on anyone who didn't kiss his feet.

Mention he was Dragonborn and they gasp with "Ooohs" and "Aaahs", and say, well he must've been blessed by the gods.

• 1217 posts
    November 25, 2014 5:52 PM EST
    He's not relevant to the game at all. Talos is, and probably isn't a close enough representation of Tiber to be worth comparing.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 25, 2014 5:59 PM EST

What and who is Talos, then? Describe his personality, religious doctrines, and blessings if you would.

• 1217 posts
    November 25, 2014 6:16 PM EST
    I personally subscribe to the idea of mantling involving Tiber, Arcturus and that ghost guy. I've never really seem any indication of the divines having any personality. His religious doctrines don't have anything to do with genocide or murder. And his blessing is just...shout reduction XD. Not sure where you're going with that.
  • November 25, 2014 6:19 PM EST
    What argument was Shaun making that I could argue against? He called Talos a douchebag, which is an opinion, which you can't really argue against because that's his opinion. So next time you're feeling frogy, don't jump. You'll miss.
  • November 25, 2014 6:24 PM EST
    Brah. He was a conqueror. You expect him to act like Ghandi, and be non-violent? Get over yourself. So what if he was a genocidal commander. That whole world at that time was nothing but war. He put a stop to it. He was the last man standing. He brought peace through superior firepower. Get over yourself. Tiber saved the world from more war.
    • 641 posts
    November 25, 2014 6:30 PM EST

He had whole families killed, he erased peoples very existence and he forced women to have abortions. People give Titus Mede crap for being an usurper but Tiber Septim did the same damn thing.