Forums » Elder Scrolls

Karmic retribution

• February 11, 2012 5:50 AM EST
    So, earlier on today I encountered Maiq the Liar. He's fun to talk to, but I am whimsical, so I decided to set him on fire and run away. This being done, I was immediately set upon by three saber cats. I simply cannot get the idea that Maiq was somehow responsible for this, especially after hearing his thoughts on werebears.

So, what random events like this have you guys experienced? I'm asking about things that aren't actually part of the radiant AI, so not stuff about hired thugs and whatnot :)
    • 14 posts
    February 11, 2012 8:33 AM EST

A dead hunter dropped out of the sky into the hard-to-find area outside the DB sanctuary. Uh, hail Sithis? But that wasn't the most random event I've encountered...

There was a firefly (torchbug) appearing during the daytime at the end of the bridge opposite Riverwood. It was weird to see one during the daytime but I ignored it. But the bug never seemed to leave. After three or four days I decided to pluck the thing.

I swear, ominous music began to play the second I grabbed that bug. Real ominous. I immediately saw a red dot on my compass just past the spot where I grabbed the bug. Dead center of my compass and staring at me like an angry eye. I didn't see anything but the enemy was somewhere on the west bank of the river upstream towards Lake Ilinalta.

I didn't have time to search for it though because a dragon (blood? elder?) flew overhead at the same moment. As I whirled around looking for the dragon, I could clearly see there were now two dots on my compass.

I eventually found the dragon as he flew towards Riverwood. I raced across the bridge to help kill the dragon. A guard died but thankfully everyone else in town survived.

After the fight, I returned to the other side of the river to look for the other enemy. I never did find it and have no idea what it was. I'll say this, though, I'm going into stealth mode the next time I decide to harvest a persistent firefly.