Forums » Elder Scrolls

Orsimer in aldmeri dominion

• 6 posts
    May 28, 2014 4:54 AM EDT
    Hey guys
    Do you think that orcs would be better to be allies with altmer and the dominion rather than daggerfall?
    Lore wise the orcs of orsinium worship Trinimac and bretons alongside redguards sacked orsinium.
    What do u think??
    • 167 posts
    May 28, 2014 4:57 AM EDT

All depends on the way the Orc sees things really. Honestly I see the Orsimer as more of an independent people that look after themselves entirely rather than allies of anybody who considers them outcasts or a threat.

• 661 posts
    May 28, 2014 5:02 AM EDT

They're Orcs. You think anyone has respect for Orcs? Especially the Altmer, whose ascendants turned Trinimac, and his followers away. It's pity really because Orcs shouldn't be respected.

• 6 posts
    May 28, 2014 5:26 AM EDT
    Yeah I agree with both of you.But in war you need allies.i think that orcs are the most mistreated people in tamriel they didn't hurt anyone still everyone hates them!
    • 1483 posts
    May 28, 2014 5:31 AM EDT
    Orcs were exiled from the Summerset Isles in the first place. They were treated as equals to goblins who were used as slaves by the Altmer. They worship twisted and corrupted version of elven deity. They will never be accepted in the Dominion as equals.
    • 661 posts
    May 28, 2014 5:41 AM EDT

The Dominion is big enough without them. Plus Orcs are a minority in every province. The only reason why they are a part of the Daggerfall Covenant is because they live in that general area. Their allies only gave them two options. It was either assimilate or annihilate. Orcs can't take on two badass races. Also consider this; Game Developers needed at least three races within the three factions. Imperials couldn't work because of reasons. 

• 6 posts
    May 28, 2014 5:59 AM EDT
    But Vazgen if u think about it orcs are victims and they tried to stop Veloth with Trinimac.it's very stupid from the altmer side to exile them they didn't do anything bad.To be honest altmer suprised me with that decision and I really like altmer ia my favourite race in every es game..correct me if I say something wrong
    • 622 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:07 AM EDT

Tip - Don't try and argue w2ith lore if you haven't learnt it yet. The Altmer view Orcs as slaves and beasts. If they were in the Dominion, they would be only there as fodder marital. Besides, Orcs have respect from the Empire as they were fantastic soldiers and smiths.

• 6 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:10 AM EDT
    Poor Orcs I feel sorry for them like I feel sorry for argonians they allied with their slavers.eso>logic.
    (i am a big fun of eso)
    • 1483 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:14 AM EDT
    Orcs were not present when Veloth started his teachings, it was the Altmer who worshipped Trinimac who tried to stop him. Then Boethiah corrupted Trinimac and appeared in his shape and backed up Veloth's words. After that she tortured and twisted Trinimac making him Malacath. The Altmer who were with him to the end transformed as well and became Orcs. Corruption of Trinimac is one of the most sad parts in Altmer religion and new deity Malacath is an abomination in their eyes. His worshipers won't be treated as equal and alliance will never work.
    • 622 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:16 AM EDT

Dunmer and Argonians don't just have a bad history because the Dark Elves enslaved the Argonians, both races have attacked each other multiple times.

Also, the Orcs kingdom is too far away from Summerset Isles to establish a solid trade route or communication lines. Siding with neighboring provinces is much safer for both alliances.

• 661 posts
    May 28, 2014 6:25 AM EDT

Assimilation over Annihilation baby!