Forums » The Lounge

Superheroes and Villains

• 180 posts
    May 14, 2014 2:51 PM EDT

Who are your favorite superheroes/ villains and why?

Who do you hate?

What makes their character or story appeal to you?

Do you read the comic books? Watch cartoons? Big-hit movies?

Which do you prefer, Marvel or DC and Why?

Anything else to say on the topic?

• 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 2:58 PM EDT
    *looks at profile pic* who do you think? :P
    • 180 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:06 PM EDT

*Waits for Feeney to show up*

• 253 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:28 PM EDT

My favorite super heroes are anyone from the "Incredibles" movie. It may be pixar, but it is great!

• 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:32 PM EDT

Who do you want to convince, and why? It won't change that they routinely work alongside and even lead superheroes, doing the same work, and separating them into Superheroes and Just Heroes doesn't make anything easier.

• 253 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:37 PM EDT

Well I agree in the case of Ironman. Batman has a lot of training, skills, extreme intelligence, experience, and all that that make him a bug more "super" than your average joe. 

• May 14, 2014 3:39 PM EDT

External forces aren't allowed? Then say goodbye to: Superman, Thor, Green Lantern, Hulk, Captain America, the Flash, and a few hundred more.

• 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:41 PM EDT

Ben, I didn't say they were superheroes. I asked who do you want to convince, and why? What is accomplished by dividing them up? And there's a Stark difference between HOW MUCH these gadgets let them do. Someone in a tank cannot accomplish what Ironman can.

• 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:42 PM EDT

Very true. So glad they're finally getting a new movie.

• 180 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:43 PM EDT

That Pun

• 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:45 PM EDT

Fixed ;D

• 41 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
    Wait, what? A new Incredibles movie? Is it "Rise of the Underminer"?
    • 180 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:47 PM EDT

No, feel free to go with whatever.

I think I would personally consider both superheroes myself as both can compete with those with powers far beyond the capabilities of regular humans, in part due to gadgets, but also having great minds.

If they can hold their own with super powered beings, I think they've earned themselves the title of superhero.

• 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:48 PM EDT
    Raven is my favorite character. I personally like the teen titans version of her more than the comic version because of how many times they turned her evil...

The reason I love her is because she was born to be evil, to destroy the planet and its inhabitants. And even knowing that, she dared to be good. She fought to protect the planet, she never allowed herself to feel emotions so she isn't controlled by her father or doesn't destroy something accidentally.

Her powers are her mind and magic and she is an introvert who likes to read a lot and likes to be sarcastic with her friends (like me!).

Her story is a great one... And the fact that Robin was just friends with her completely baffles me... I'm sorry to derail this idea but when you walk through literally hell and back to save a girl and saying you know her more than anyone and she knows things no one else does about you and you have a "bond" with one another... You'd think you would have some form of feelings or attraction to the other...
    • 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:49 PM EDT
  • May 14, 2014 3:50 PM EDT

That depends on your definition of gadget.

• 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:50 PM EDT
    Yeah, they have confirmed cars 3 and incredibles 2
    • 41 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:51 PM EDT
    Favourite heroes: Thor, Spiderman and Hulk.
    Favourite villains: Loki and Venom.
    Honestly, who doesn't want to be a wall-crawling web-slinger?
    • 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:54 PM EDT
    He's here and nothing happened :P
    • 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:56 PM EDT
    Ace, Wonder Woman, Superman, Sinestro, Darkseid, Poison Ivy, and that's just naming some people....
    • 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 3:58 PM EDT
    Tony Stark's real advantage is his bottomless checkbook and his mind... He is an absolute genius and has connections/suppliers/etc. that would make any army think twice about going against him.
    • 1217 posts
    May 14, 2014 4:01 PM EDT

Batman only fights people with mental disorders! He never went against someone/something with actual super powers.

All this suggests to me is that you have a very selective knowledge of Batman.

Eventually the world's military will have things that surpass his suit.

And who's gonna build it? Someone else is working on an arc reactor right now? Inventing a new element? Stark has that technology now, when it's needed, not "eventually".

• 180 posts
    May 14, 2014 4:02 PM EDT

Raven was always my favorite back when I used to watch Teen Titans. I don't really know much about her in the comics, but in the show I found her relatable and interesting. The romance thing with Robin was weird to me too. I think she may be the only DC character besides Batman that I remotely like.

• 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 4:11 PM EDT
    Black widow... What's better is she has a sexy Russian accent in the comics and animated shows/movies :P
    • 1913 posts
    May 14, 2014 4:14 PM EDT
    In the comic she is pretty much the same... But raven kept on becoming evil again and again and again... And the final time she did become evil she was killed but a part of her survived by having a make out session with Starfire that somehow preserved the goodness in her... Don't ask...