Forums » Elder Scrolls

When was the last time you played?

• 11 posts
    April 30, 2014 7:13 PM EDT

The last time I properly played Skyrim was months ago. Properly being that I played for more than half an hour before becoming bored with my character and giving up, which seems to be happening a lot lately for me.

The only thing bringing me back to Skyrim are the wide range of mods. If I didn't have my laptop Skyrim would've died for me sometime last year.

So when was the last time you played Skyrim? And what keeps you playing after 2 years?

• 360 posts
    April 30, 2014 7:18 PM EDT

Haven't played Skyrim ever since Dark Souls 2 came out

• 11 posts
    April 30, 2014 7:20 PM EDT

Could you play dark souls 2 without playing dark souls?

• 360 posts
    April 30, 2014 7:44 PM EDT

Yes, as a matter of fact, if you're new you should probably start with two. Not that it is easier, it's just easier to get into.

You'll miss some references here and there, but nothing a few lore vids won't fix. ENB and VaatiVidya should suffice.

• 700 posts
    April 30, 2014 11:19 PM EDT

I played two weeks ago.  Didn't even get out of Helgen before I got sick of it.  I really dislike having to go through the motions at the beginning.  I miss playing games on a PC.  I am actually planning on playing tonight though.  I came up with a rough idea for a character and it's interesting enough for me to want to flesh it out and see where it goes.

• 56 posts
    May 1, 2014 8:40 AM EDT
    Late March last year, when I concluded my playthrough of the Arcane Archer. Went back to Dota 2 until my PC broke last Feb.
    • 622 posts
    May 1, 2014 8:42 AM EDT

Just quit my game about a minute ago 

What keeps me going? Well, I haven't played it since release, only about a year and a half so I keep going merely because I love it. I love roleplaying, I love playing new characters and I love the thrill I get from playing it. 

• 295 posts
    May 2, 2014 3:30 PM EDT

I played just last night, and have been pretty consistently playing since I got the game about a year ago. I like the game. Even the opening Helgen sequence. I've tried alternate start mods, but I'm still satisfied with the opening sequence and there are many ways you can play it to keep it fresh. 

I have mods, but I've come full circle and went from drastically altering the game with my mods, to basically keeping the Vanilla mechanics intact and only opting for some DLCs (Moonpath to Elsweyr & Wyrmstooth) and some texture mods to freshen up the graphics as they are older now. 

Why do I play the game still? Cause it really allows for multiple playthroughs. Yes, the quests are the same, but playthroughs of those quests can be dramatically different based on gameplay style and difficulty level. I like the roleplaying, the lore, the quests, the mechanics, all of it. A great game, IMO. I will probably like Morrowind and Oblivion as well. 

• 1483 posts
    May 2, 2014 5:02 PM EDT

A week ago, and I will probably take a break for some time. Got Thief 

• 11 posts
    May 2, 2014 6:43 PM EDT

Wow, lately I cant get past helgen without finding my character boring.

• 61 posts
    May 2, 2014 6:59 PM EDT

I play quite a lot still to be honest. I last played my marathon trooper (That's my name for it) character a couple of days ago because he hasn't died yet. What keeps me playing is roleplay and the great character builds people make. I have a list of builds I'm going to play that is quite long so to keep me from flooding my game with saves I don't start a new character until the one I'm currently playing is killed in action (or put into prison for killing 17 guardsmen like my last one). This makes characters fun to play because they all develop different ways of avoiding death.