Forums » The Lounge

A new Blog Host (Recruitment)

• January 7, 2014 7:43 PM EST

Hey there everyone,

As of late I've been quite busy and haven't had the time to read enough blogs and come up with innovative ideas to keep the Story Corner more active. I'm thinking of stepping down from my role as a Blog Host, but for that I need a replacement, as there must necessarily be two of them.

If you are interested in applying, ask any questions in this thread. Whoever seems to be the most capable, will receive the promotion. A host is the equivalent of a moderator, and it comes with the responsability of keeping content fresh.

• 360 posts
    January 7, 2014 7:46 PM EST

what are the general responsibilities of someone in that role? what would I have to do if I was seeking to apply?

• January 7, 2014 8:01 PM EST

- Keeping content fresh: reading new blogs regularly, being able to suggest a Blog of the Week every week or every once in two weeks, coming up with new ideas for the Story Corner (create new discussions)

- Responsibilities: being fair in your choices for the Blog of the Week, provide assistance to blog users if needed.

- Requirements: Reading enough blogs. You don't need to be a master at grammar, the Blog of the Week is the blog that has been the most succesfull, that has caught the most attention or that has the most quality. If you and your co-host feel something was really underrated, by all means promote it. You can actually have it voted, if you wish, in the Story Corner.

• 360 posts
    January 7, 2014 8:03 PM EST

I would be willing to apply for this, I'm currently on vacations so I have a lot of spare time, been a member of the blog for a year now, I think, so I have a good idea of the rules of the site. I spend most of my spare time on the pc, and reading the blogs that catch my eye on the story corner, plus trying to give advice to some newer writers. I would be willing to take the position, but it's your choice Arma, if you think I'm worthy of the position please let me know

• January 7, 2014 8:03 PM EST

A poll in the story corner about blogs would be cool. 

• 1913 posts
    January 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
    Then again Ben (if I remember correctly) you didn't make a build until you stopped being a host... Really all you have to do is keep the peace, moderate, and occasionally help out... Posting does help but is not exactly required
    • 39 posts
    January 10, 2014 8:24 PM EST
    Arma I know you hate me but pls consider what I will say.
    First: I may be rude at times but when given a task such as host of story corner then I will be more serious and responsible.
    Second: I can function properly with a mobile device, meaning I can add content (stories, guides, etc..), moderate, and manage comments. I also have a netbook readily available incase I need to add a photo or something like that.
    More on blog posts, I can regularly add new chapters to my stories from mobile or desktop whenever I want. A also find it very fun reading other people's stories/posts. I would not be bias when choosing post of the week, I will study the posts and choose according to content and other criteria which I will mention if I am given the title of story corner host. Third: I a, fond of making guides, such as vocabulary guides to help non English speakers make great new content. I am also fond of doing events such as story creation challenge of the month, wherein I state a story challange such as "story based in high rock".
    Fourth: I'm quite active
    • 360 posts
    January 10, 2014 8:30 PM EST

Hosts have already been chosen Akatosh, sry but you got here a little late. the new hosts will be me and Rob

• 39 posts
    January 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
    Np, good luck with your new position, and keep the outsider going! :D
    • 360 posts
    January 10, 2014 8:34 PM EST

I definitely will, should get a new chapter either later today or tomorrow