Forums » General Gaming

Kingdom of Amular, Reckoning

• 25 posts
    February 5, 2012 12:10 PM EST

I thought the animations were goofy looking, and the demo had no sound (at least mine didn't) which y'know, I like to be able to hear my games too because if the voices are goofy that can detract from a game too, I think the game could've been made a lot better than it was but if you're an RPG gamer than I think you'd still enjoy it, so long as you play it for the story, not the gameplay.

• 773 posts
    February 10, 2012 3:48 PM EST

So, this game was released today, I believe

Anybody got it yet? Anyone here playing this? 

• 21 posts
    February 11, 2012 4:27 AM EST

I played the demo, but I'm not a huge fan.  It seems way too fast-paced and the controls are sluggish.  That could however be my gimpy hands, I can't play console games anymore, but when I press a button I don't expect to have to wait several seconds for me to switch weapons while seven mobs bash hades out of me.  And what's with the ratios?  A newly created character trying to fight six different mobs seems quite mad IMO.  Two I could deal with, but not six!

• 132 posts
    February 11, 2012 10:51 AM EST

Unfortunately I can't afford to buy the game at the moment, but I will ASAP.

• 17 posts
    February 11, 2012 3:45 PM EST

I find it feels completely different then Skyrim the mechanics are entirely different to me anyway. The demo was very fun I would like to buy it.

• 140 posts
    April 22, 2012 7:48 PM EDT

Has anyone played this and have feedback??  The way the lore was made so prominent and written by a fantasy writer, it sounds worthwhile at least for the story!  Hmmm...any takers?

• 133 posts
    April 22, 2012 8:23 PM EDT

I've bought Kingdom of Amular and I am expecting to start playing it next week. Then I will have finished my third Skyrim playthrough, and I will leave Skyrim's world for a while, until the release of DLCs. But I have two other games also that I could play - Mass Effect 3 and Borderland, so I'm asking from someone who has already played - is it worth the time?

• 577 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:01 PM EDT

Yeah, give it a go!! It does have lots of lore and a pretty good story. Lots of looooong dialog, which kinda turned me off after a while. I tended to not asked the 'extra' questions and just went with 'get to the point' option. It's on the back burner for me right now. The combat hash&slash is really fun and you can really get into how you build your charater. The character building has alot of options and combonations of classes you be (wells there's basically your three main ones; Mage/Magic, Theif/Finesse, and Warrior/Might) It's up to you how where you want your strong points to be and can take a little from each. When doing so, say you have 12 Might pts. and 5 Finesse you get to choice a Fate card in which determines your play style. It also determines what armor you are capible of wearing. I can't really explain it right now. lol Tired....but it's a pretty cool system!

I can't say I got the 'addiction bug' from this game. Could only play about 1-2hr sessions before saying, "alright, that's enough for now".

At least check it out since you have it already. You know what you're going to get with ME3 (if you've played ME2 already) Borderlands? That's just straight up shoot'em up but fun!!

• 133 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:36 PM EDT

Thanks, man. I'll give it a shot and see if I get the addiction. You've described a classic RPG game, like Neverwinter Nights, and may even like this one.