Forums » The Lounge

Work for Bethesda?

• 577 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:02 AM EST

At what lengths would you endure to work for Bethesda? Would you take a dramatic paycut? Would you be willing to move your family in order to work for a significant paycut? Even if you have no qualifications, would you be even willing to get donuts/sandwhiches for the staff (errand boy)? Maybe even work for free?

What, if anything, would stop you from taking a job at Bethesda? And what would be you "ideal" job working for them?

Your thoughts?

• 426 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:07 AM EST

I would quite happily sell my soul if it meant I got to make games of the same calibre as TES games. I would love to be a writer or level designer I think thats where I excell with all my roleplay days under my belt. Starting at the bottom is the way it works in this industry and I have no problems with that and I dont think I could get paid any less than i do at the min talk about working to live lol

• 297 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:20 AM EST

i write so i my two dream jobs are writing video games for bethesda who have an office up the road from me in galway

or

get my comic "ground zero"published by someone like marvel/dc/darkhorse comics.(here's zero's artwork below)

photo.JPG

• 426 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:25 AM EST

Awesome whats the comic?

You need to get up the road man and give them  a tip off about us lot on here lol

Do you not just feel like having a peaceful protest outside the office till they give in and employ you? lol I might be up for that if I lived so close lol

• 856 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:29 AM EST

I think I would be a great benefit to Bethesda.  I have over 3 decades experience creating adventures, quests, campaigns, and worlds (plus I've written a rulebook).  So the question for me would be - 'What lengths would they go to recruit me?'  

My ideal job would be creating quest-lines/campaigns.  Either that or playtesting - Since I play multiple characters and play them differently (different skills, quests, and direction of travel), I would be able to find bugs/problems (I've found quite a few - who does this playtesting anyways - they miss a lot of stuff, from holes in the terrain to entire quest-lines being broken (eg Bard's College).

• 739 posts
    January 17, 2012 11:47 AM EST

Hmmmm, i'm pretty much doing my ideal job already, in fact ive possibly got the only job in the world that lets you stare at a ladies bottom without getting shouted at.

That said i would happily give up my right ball to be a creative designer for Bethesda....