Forums » Elder Scrolls

how hard is it to make a build

• 9 posts
    October 2, 2013 11:40 PM EDT
    Sorry for asking Im new and I do this on my phone so how hard will it be to make a build
    • 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 12:56 AM EDT
    There is actually a build that only contains text that is pretty good! It just goes to show that if you have a good concept and present it well enough, it could be a hit. Just do lots of research and present something unique and enjoyable. Can't go wrong :)
    • 268 posts
    October 3, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
    You really need a computer to post a build. It will just be deleted if the presentation isn't good, and it's practically impossible to do anything on the mobile version.
    • 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 1:50 PM EDT
    This is partly true but have you seen the Orcish Impaler? Brilliant build, just text.
    • 1483 posts
    October 3, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

It was posted a year and some time ago. Today standards are way higher

• 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 1:58 PM EDT
    If an all text build were posted now, it wouldn't get a lot of reads right away but those of us who do read ALL builds would draw others in, if it is a great build. I think we have more of an expectation as opposed to standards.
    • 1483 posts
    October 3, 2013 2:00 PM EDT

It will be featured I think. The images are pretty much mandatory today

• 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 2:03 PM EDT
    I'm half tempted to test your hypothesis :)
    • 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 2:05 PM EDT
    In fact, half the reason it took me so long to post a build was because I lacked the skill/hardware to create pictures for my build.
    • 485 posts
    October 3, 2013 2:08 PM EDT
    Pictures and visuals are crucial in my opinion. You won't be able to convey everything it means to walk a mile on your characters shoes without pictures. Even without roleplay your characters mood and personality and even morale alignment can be conveyed through pictures.

The most difficult thing if you ask me is creating something unique. People will usually gloss over builds that bear too much resemblance to other builds. "What makes your stealth archer any different than the other 20 stealth archers around" is a question that gets asked a lot.

But don't fret. There's a lot of ways to make a build unique. Two builds with the same perks can easily play in vastly different ways.
    • 249 posts
    October 3, 2013 2:15 PM EDT
    Well, I disagree but no point in arguing ;)
    • 485 posts
    October 3, 2013 4:39 PM EDT
    Nothing wrong with voicing your opinions . Makes for good discussion
    • 739 posts
    October 3, 2013 5:16 PM EDT

I agree with Curse, builds that are just text have never gone down well...

That doesn't mean that the build isn't good, it's because the build isn't presented nicely, it's harder on the eyes and doesn't inspire or cling to the imagination...

• 485 posts
    October 3, 2013 5:46 PM EDT

I think assassin type builds start at somewhat of a disadvantage in terms of capturing a reader's attention. Extra effort has to be made to make such a build stand out from the standard assassin I'm sure half of us started Skyrim as.

• 9 posts
    October 3, 2013 9:37 PM EDT
    Alright thanks Ill get some internet and do it on my lab top