Forums » The Lounge

Who would win in a fight?

• 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 10:55 AM EDT
    Possible spoilers ahead for fullmetal alchemist and avatar the legend of aang;korra

So i just finished seing fullmetal alchemist and i im starting brotherhood. After playing skyrim for a long time and also seeing avatar tla, and the eps of korra up until now, i was wondering, what is the superior art? Alchemy, magic, or bending? So this is my question to you, who would win in a fight? A tamerielic mage? A bender (specify element on your awnser, special conditions are open for discussion ie. Blood bending, lighting, metal)? Or a military alchemist certified by state (use any of them, mustang, basque gran, armstrong, fullmetal, kimbley, isaac...)?
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:17 AM EDT
    The avatar because they can and do learn all the elements so they would squash a mage or an alchemist. But there is the possibility that the Mage knows all the forms of magic thus the Mage would win being able to cast any of the spells as well then the avatar and the alchemist would be screwed.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:21 AM EDT
    I did say to specify special characteristics but i did not think the first post would go for the avatar herself, but how about a psijic? Think the avatar could match that?
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:26 AM EDT
    True you got me there, but I did mention that if the Mage knew many (or all) schools of magic the avatar would be screwed. And I think the Psijics know some unknown schools of magic as well so that would also go into what I said prior to this comment.
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:28 AM EDT
    Wait what's a blood bender?
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:32 AM EDT
    True, but only if there is a full moon for the blood bender, and are there blood mages in tamriel? I thought that was more of a dragon age thing. Anyway, there is an alchemist that does a similar thing, two actually. These guys are super fast and very agile, isaac the ice alchemist has the ability to freeze or boil the water in your body, causing terrible burns all over you and killing you instantly. And kimbley the crimson alchemist uses the metals and other substances in your body to turn you into a living bomb, so basicly if these guys touch you, youre dead. I will say though, in a full moon a blood bender would be nearly unstopable, but i think the become ethereal shout would be very useful against them, or any magic with that similar effect
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:41 AM EDT
    Yeah, but i think there are some alchemists that could get the avatar though, since she does not know blood bending she is not garantied to hit them, and these guys are super agile and fast. Armstrong, he is a very eficient boxer and is suprisingly fast for his large frame, he wears spiked cestus that he uses to punch stuff and create an electro explosive reation to send them flying like balistic projectiles, and getting in close is not a problem for this guy, his boxer like quick evasion would quickly get him close and into his confort zone. There is also isaac and kimbley, both of these can kill you with a single touch, isaac can either freeze or boild the water in your blood, and kimbley uses the substances in your body to transform you into a living bomb. Still, they all need to get close, and since a psijic can probably teleport, manipulate time, and become etherearl, they probably cant match them
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:42 AM EDT
    Is a water bender that controlls the blood in your veins during a full moon, basicly turns you into a living pupet
  • September 22, 2013 11:44 AM EDT
    I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge about Fullmetal Alchemist.

But I would say an Avatar (in Avatar State) would defeat almost any Mage on Nirn. I doubt illusion would work, destruction spells could be easily countered due to elemental control, same with most Atronachs and conjured creatures, and restoration is mostly healing and anti-undead. The two wild cards are Alteration, which bends reality (I honestly don't think this has been properly represented in game. Ignore this if you're just going by Skyrim standards) and Energybending, which we know very little about (it can transfer knowledge and take away/return one's bending, there's bound to be more to it).
  • September 22, 2013 11:46 AM EDT
    ~~Legend of Korra spoiler~~
    There are a few who have mastered Bloodbending without the need of a full moon.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:47 AM EDT
    Yeah, but that is more of an individual case
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:51 AM EDT
    Well, if you want a little bit o knowlege of fullmetal just look at my above posts, they will give you an idea of some of the alchemists i am considering. Basicly the guys i mention can one shot you if they touch you, and you are not an alchemist that can revert the composition of your own body (kibley's case, with isaac youre dead anyways, and armstrong will break your bones... All of them...)
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:51 AM EDT
    I'm not speaking of Kora I'm speaking of Anng, he turned into that big water bended creature, can become most the older avatars, and he also an almost super sayian like form where the arrow heads and lines begin to glow and cannot control himself so he becomes relentless and also all the elements become stronger in this form.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:52 AM EDT
    But how about blood magic? That actually is a thing in tamriel? Help me out here i really dont know...
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:57 AM EDT
    Yes there is they can use there blood to give more magic and boosts the strength of their spells in some cases.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 11:58 AM EDT
    Korra can also do that now...
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
    So its kinda like dragon age, but without the demon arms ripping your enemies to pieces
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:01 PM EDT
    Didn't know that haven't watched a lot of Kora I watched the first two episodes and then realize that it wasn't for me, I didn't like it.
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:02 PM EDT
    Yeah kinda like that but it also drains your blood which will kill you if you do it too long.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:02 PM EDT
    You should give it a chance, im liking it more than the aang's saga
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:04 PM EDT
    Exactly like dragon age, but in da you also have to worry about demons crawling into your mind and controling you
    • 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:05 PM EDT
    I guess I'll try it
    • 69 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:08 PM EDT

Bending's for plebs, alchemy is for real men!

• 47 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:20 PM EDT
    Oh well then yes.
    • 360 posts
    September 22, 2013 12:22 PM EDT
    True that, being able to make people into bombs with a single touch is true art, deidara would be proud