Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Shout Competition

• 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:27 AM EDT
    Cool, kinda like the ancient dragonborn summon from Dragon Aspect, but more powerful. Great idea, especially with the lore.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:29 AM EDT
    Awesome shout, sounds powerful but not over powered, well done. I'd definitely use this if it was in the game.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:31 AM EDT
    Some great ideas Vaz, my personal favourite being the third, because cloak stacki would be awesome. Imagine that with all the augment perks and something like Ahzidal. Sort of like a chaos cloak! But I do like the whirlwind one though, nice combo of drain vitality and a sort of cyclone effect.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:32 AM EDT
    Sounds good, something an arcane warrior build would use, summoning lots of mystic bound weapons.
  • July 17, 2013 2:34 AM EDT

So how are you going to decide who wins?

• 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:34 AM EDT
    Would this work with all shouts? Or only ones the dragonborn has learnt? I could imagine some awesome shout stacking could go on with this.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:45 AM EDT
    That would be cool if Beth read this thread and decided to add a massive shout pack or something. What is the actual name of your whirlwind shout? Something like Sapping Whirlwind was one I thought of if you don't want to come up with a name.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:48 AM EDT
    I've chosen three categories which I've put into the discussion. If anybody wanted to help with judging and choosing the three shouts you'd be more than welcome.
    • 1 posts
    July 17, 2013 6:13 AM EDT

Create Magicka Maw

Wahl Lah Jot 

Your Voice absorbs the magic around you, creating a chaotic magical anomaly that attacks anything it sees.

I see this as a compromise: drain all your opponents magicka, but create something that can kill you as well as them.

• July 17, 2013 6:30 AM EDT

In Fen Zaam (Master; Will; Slave)

Take possession of your enemy and use his body to fight.

By using this shout, you take control over one enemy and you can fight in his body for 30 seconds or until the body is defeated. After "leaving" the other body, you regain control over your own body, which is ethereal while you control other bodies. (Levelcapped, so you can't control every enemy.)

Hard to implement in the game, but it would be awesome

• 1483 posts
    July 17, 2013 7:09 AM EDT
    How about Kyne's Wrath? :)
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 7:20 AM EDT
    Great idea, especially the magic anomaly thing to make it sort of a high risk/high reward shout for mages. Good job!
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 7:22 AM EDT
    This would be awesome in the game, and probably not as hard as you think. If it only worked on humanoids, the controls would stay the same to make it more simple. Reminds me of the mod I saw called "Wyrmstooth" which had you mind control a draugr for a small part of it. If you are on a PC, download that mod. It looks awesome.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 7:35 AM EDT
    Cool, I'll name it that.
    • 116 posts
    July 17, 2013 10:39 AM EDT
    Haha this was meant to be a joke. Your girl dovakin can use this shot too if she's under that persuasion if you know what I mean...I'm saying she likes to scissor lmao
  • July 17, 2013 12:58 PM EDT

I'll check it out, thanks!

But controlling animals or giants would be funny as hell

• 168 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:30 PM EDT

All Shouts, it doesn't matter if the Dragonborn has learned them or even discovered the words. But what shout it will be is random, so you can't really rely on it too much.

• 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:36 PM EDT
    Yeah, but if the recharge was quicker it could be useful. Imagine shouting storm call for only a thirty second recharge.
    • 365 posts
    July 17, 2013 3:18 PM EDT

Those should be in the game.

• 365 posts
    July 17, 2013 3:25 PM EDT

Mal Fahliil Motmah (Little Elf Slip)

Turns one enemy into a tiny bosmer that slides everywhere  (Comical Shout, as per rules)

1st Part of the shout shrinks them, the 2nd turns them Bosmeri, and the 3rd makes them slip and slide everywhere as if on ice (Can't attack, block, or use spells whilst affected with the 3rd part of the shout).

This is my submission. 

• 140 posts
    July 17, 2013 3:46 PM EDT

Nelaf, this made me laugh way too hard...vivid imagination is the problem I suppose!  

• 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 4:09 PM EDT
    Lol, pissed myself at that one. I can just imagine that in the game... But I'd have way too much trouble playing, I'd constantly have to pause the game because I would laugh way too much.
    • 268 posts
    July 17, 2013 4:11 PM EDT
    What would its name be?
    • 365 posts
    July 17, 2013 5:07 PM EDT

The Slippy Bosmeri Midget.

...obviously

• 22 posts
    July 18, 2013 10:17 PM EDT

Arcane Shield Blast

Sahrot - Spaan - Nah (Mighty - Shield - Fury)

Erects a bubble shield around the caster that deflects all forms of physical and magical ranged attacks. Upon dissipation of the shield, an energy wave is released, draining stamina and magicka from all enemies in range.

This shout is useful for melee fighters taking on several ranged enemies at once, as it allows protection from ranged archers and mages while still allowing melee enemies to enter the shield.

Shield radius and blast radius increase as more words are shouted.