Forums » Elder Scrolls

Obilvion and the other elder scroll games, still worth playing?

• 5 posts
    June 27, 2013 7:56 PM EDT

Lately I have been going back and forth on whether to buy the older games in the Elder Scroll games because I have heard that they are really good from some of my friends but I have also heard that the other games are really outdated and buying them would be a some kind of let down. So, I was just wondering what were some peoples opinion of the games and if they are still worthy of buying. Thanks for the help!

• 106 posts
    June 27, 2013 9:16 PM EDT

If you haven't played it before, don't do it. You'll constantly be comparing it to the newer one, and not be happy.  but that's just my opinion.

• 32 posts
    June 27, 2013 11:07 PM EDT

I've played Oblivion only, I never got around to playing the other ones yet, I still play Oblivion but I prefer to play Skyrim tho.

• 80 posts
    June 27, 2013 11:17 PM EDT

Elder Scroll Games are not reverse compatible 90% of the time.

I tried to play Morrowind after playing Oblivion and couldn't get into it. The dice roll combat, the look, lack of a fast travel option, just everything made it very hard for me to enjoy it. (No offense to Morrowind but it wasn't for me)

Tried Daggerfall and was somewhat able to get into it but still kind of hard to be drawn in as much as Oblivion and Skyrim.

• 5 posts
    June 27, 2013 11:18 PM EDT
    Thanks everybody for.their input!