Forums » Elder Scrolls

The most repulsive creature in Skyrim

• April 6, 2013 8:42 AM EDT

My loins ache for her.

• April 6, 2013 8:44 AM EDT

Most repulsive/scary has to be Hagravens,

Falmer don't really bother me, I think the chaurus are cool, I'd have one as a pet :L

• April 6, 2013 11:02 AM EDT

For me it's also Chaurus and their stupid ugly owners falmer they make really annoying sounds doing everything like when they attack you and even when they die they make a stupid noise they are repulsive

• 140 posts
    May 18, 2013 1:54 PM EDT

For me it is a tie between chaurus and hagravens...and I agree, a lot of it has to do with the slippery clicking noise they make (just like how I cannot handle dread zombies in Oblivion--the noises they make make me want to run away).

I also remember going to Orphan Rock in Skyrim on the quest for Nettlebane and being peppered by all these fireballs by some foe that I could not see.  I was expecting some sort of mage, but when I made it to the top of the rock and saw a hagraven for the first time, I dropped my controller (and died)!  

I would willing face a legion of frost trolls instead of these two creatures!  

• 1483 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:20 PM EDT

When I saw my first Hagraven, I was like "burn it, burn it with fire!!!"  You see, my first one was during the Sanguine's quest, lol 

• 62 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:24 PM EDT

This thread has brought to mind the creature I miss the most from Oblivion, namely the freaky looking Land Dreughs. They were bizarre things. 

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. I'd have to go for... none of them, really. Sorry.

• 140 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:32 PM EDT

I am laughing about that one...I have not done that quest yet, but I do know a bit about what happens through it!  I think a decontamination shower would be appropriate, too!  

• 140 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:33 PM EDT

You have nerves of steel, then, Salfordio!

• 62 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:41 PM EDT

I don't know about that!

For me, the real scares come from the game's audio design. It might sound strange, but I've had more jump scares playing the last two Elder Scrolls titles than I have from any dedicated horror game. Playing sneaky characters with the music off, I'm constantly being startled by enemies seemingly attacking from nowhere. It's actually become part of the appeal to me, so much so that I won't use any detection spells or shouts. 

• 1483 posts
    May 18, 2013 3:56 PM EDT

That's for sure!  Too bad houses in Skyrim don't have any means to wash  There was a river nearby and it was the first place I went 

• 17 posts
    May 18, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

Ummm....I'd go with Hagravens 

• 37 posts
    May 18, 2013 4:46 PM EDT

Cicero Scond choice would be Hermaeus Mora.

• 5 posts
    May 18, 2013 9:29 PM EDT

For me Dragonborn DLC ash spawns... they are the ugliest things ever. Scariest: probably Draugr first 10 minutes of my first time playing I saw Bleak Falls Barrow was like okay then. I followed Arvel down into the crypt and... I had to buy new pants and died in-game, I was sad. Now they don't bother me at all!

• May 18, 2013 10:26 PM EDT

Hagravens are the most repulsive to me, the scariest...slaughterfish....

• 147 posts
    May 19, 2013 10:59 AM EDT

I never get scared by a creature in like a 5 year old way, but if I see a frost troll I'm walking the other way.

• May 19, 2013 11:50 AM EDT

Spiders... I do not need to say more

• 49 posts
    May 19, 2013 1:32 PM EDT

Draugr. I think i am pretty alone for this matter but I think most of the people aren't scared of them because they are so easy to kill and there are many of them. But if you think about it: you are in a dark cave and there is nothing around you and suddenly BAM! stinky old dead person with blue glowing eyes!

• 26 posts
    May 19, 2013 7:21 PM EDT

Skeever's are the creatures that I find the most vile, overgrown rats carrying diseases, and the seem to always find a way to sneak up and then fill the whole screen with their jumping attack scaring the living daylights out of me. I would have to say they creep me out the most.

• 268 posts
    May 31, 2013 12:22 PM EDT
    My scariest would be Sabre Cats. I practically shit myself when I see them chasing after me, while I run away like a pussy. Or Ash Spawn *shudders*. Or possibly even those Frozen Falmer in Auriel's Chapel, when they jump out at you after you take their items. My most repulsive would be Chaurus.
    • 661 posts
    May 31, 2013 1:00 PM EDT

Definitely!

• 661 posts
    May 31, 2013 1:02 PM EDT

The most replusive creature is an Argonian. Right Emer!

• 41 posts
    May 31, 2013 2:12 PM EDT

I've never actually found a creature repulsive. i think all the creatures are very well made and non gross me out. Scariest tho....Sabre cats. They run faster than me!!!!

• 78 posts
    May 31, 2013 3:04 PM EDT

haha, I know, I remember when I first came across a frost troll.  Those were tough at one point 

Although I do agree about the disgusting chaurus hunters.  There's something frightening about it when it comes flying at you.  

• 32 posts
    May 31, 2013 3:32 PM EDT

Scariest and disgusting - Werebears for scary and disgusting, especially when a certain glitch happens where the werebear loses its head, its limbs become long and twisted, its legs look normal but when it runs at you, Talos protects! The sight of it made me piss myself, I ran and ran but still this gangly headless horror followed me almost throughout Solstheim... I ran for help but it ended all the same... Everyone that tried to help met a fate worse than death...

• May 31, 2013 4:04 PM EDT

Falmer. They should be purged. 

The sticky-fingered Khajiit, and the self-important Argonians are the poison of Tamriel. They should learn their place.