Forums » Elder Scrolls

Fortify Restoration Glitch

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2013 3:26 AM EDT
    Can anyone help me with the fortify restoration potion glitch? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not clear on whether or not you need to have high alchemy skill.
    • 189 posts
    March 29, 2013 3:43 AM EDT

In my experience, you need around 50 Alchemy and 2/5 Alchemist to start seeing an effect.  The process itself is very simple, and there are plenty of videos on YouTube demonstrating it.  Pretty much as follows though:

1. Acquire some Fortify Alchemy gear; more pieces is better, and higher value per piece is also better

2. Acqire ingedients for around 10 Fortify Restoration potions.

3. Make a potion while wearing the Fortify Alchemy gear.

4. Drink the potion, then immediately re-equip the Fortify Alchemy gear.

5. Make a second potion while wearing the re-equipped gear.

6. Drink the second potion, then immediately re-equip the Fortify Alchemy gear.

7. Repeat steps 5-6 until desired magnitude is reached.

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2013 9:08 AM EDT
    Okay thanks so much for clearing that up for me
    • 118 posts
    March 29, 2013 12:05 PM EDT

the more fortify alchemy gear you have the less of a level in the skill you need, but it may take a few more iterations. 

• 22 posts
    February 6, 2014 5:51 PM EST

You will need the benefactor perk as well as 2/5 in alchemist if you want it to go faster also get enchanting up to 50 and grab the insightful enchanter perk. Ingredients for restoration potions are abecean longfin, cyrodilic spadetail, and salt pile. The easiest places to find the fish are the lake outside riften and the lake in falkreath. The salt piles can be found in the barrels all over riften. 

• 95 posts
    February 10, 2014 2:18 AM EST

If you have a lot of money, it's more simple if you buy several fortify restoration potions and drink them as their effects stack.