Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which NPC('s) would you like to marry...and why?

• 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:03 PM EDT
    So the other night I had a Skyrim sesh...it was good and for those few of you who read my one and only Blog about my character, there will be plenty more to come I promise. Anyway I abide by a few select rules when I play to fully enjoy the RP experience: Don't fast travel, Sleep and eat regularly, and....well thats pretty much it. So nighttime was approaching and I had been traveling all day, so I stopped in Ivarstead. Thats when cupid's shaft pierced my character's (and maybe mine a bit) backside. Lynly Star-Sung. Hircine's spear! That is a lady! She's sweet, polite, talented, and not to mention easy on the eyes.

I immediately decided I wanted, or my character wanted rather, to make this woman my(his) wife. The only problem is you cannot marry her. Gods damn you Bethesda, why would you dangle such a perfect specimen, the epitome of everything a man should want in a woman, right before our eyes and not make us able to mmarry her....sadistic is what it is. Doesn't it always go like you(your character :P ) wants what they can't have?

This got me thinking though, surely there are other desirable NPC's in the world of Skyrim that can't be married, and I want to hear your stories! Please be detailed...but let's keep it PG-13 (I was gonna say I G rated butt this is the internet...the biggest deterrent to going on a pron site is "Are you 18? Ok click this button"), there may be some children lurking about...
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:06 PM EDT
    P.ost S.cript- The NPC's don't have to be unmarriable, I would like just as much to hear stories of the ones you can and did marry and why. So...start typing...
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:11 PM EDT
    Besides Serana, I'd say Lydia. She's loyal to your character, is strong (my canon dragonborn prefers women who are strong), and is willing to fight to the death for your character's safety (this would basically mean that she cares so much for the dragonborn that she is willing to risk her life for him/her)
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:14 PM EDT
    Plus, I love her voice. And for a game character, she's not bad to look at
    • 291 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:18 PM EDT

Valindor is one of those NPCs.  I know he doesn't say much, but I always felt compelled (especially when I started playing Gwaihen) to take him away from Riften to see the world like he always wanted to.  I get the impression that he's stuck in Riften due to some kind of scam pulled by the Thieves Guild (could be as simple as losing a game of cards) that has him up to his ears in debt.  He can't pay it off, but hey, that's okay, so long as he works his bones away at the Fishery.  He lives in a tiny hole in the wall, down on the lower section of the canal, where you know the water is about as filthy as Bravil's canal, right across from The Ratway where the Thieves Guild can keep an eye on him.  But he's not included in their activities.  Oh no.  Isolated and left to work on boats or haul in fish, the failed apprentice of a master armorer, he possesses none of the skills useful for a life of thievery.  I imagine a great deal of bitterness regarding the Riften locals, though his Bosmeri attitude of "living in the moment" never seems to aid him in planning his away out of his financial situation or even leaving Riften and covering his tracks.

Ah, but I digress.  Valindor in my story is not quite like the Valindor I've described above.  A pity.  Nevertheless, he's now Gwaihen's companion, at least (yay console commands), and perhaps they'll be married.

• 118 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:23 PM EDT
    In before 20 people say Hroki

My choice would be Serana. She's my favourite follower and is such a tragic character. She's hunted and hated for being a vampire yet she was nothing but a pawn in a chaotic chessmatch between her parents, one of whom she was forced to kill and the other exiled and will likely never see again. Yet through all of this she is supportive of the dragonborn and sympathizes with you if you tell her you grew up alone. There's pain in her and she is one of the only npc's that actually goes through 'growth'. Basically she's an actual character. Plus i love the lady that voices her.
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:30 PM EDT
    I Agree! I totally forgot about Lydia! She too is much woman! Although I prefer woman who couldn't kick my ass :) +1 point to you sir.
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:31 PM EDT
    Ahh... Laura Bailey :), I love her
    • 88 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:31 PM EDT

Most Skyrim women could kick your ass.

• 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:35 PM EDT
    I was originally thinking about saying Aela... But I'm sure Serana would have been angry... And all though a cat fight between them sounds interesting, it would probably end up in bloodshed...
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:36 PM EDT
    Wow very nice! +2 points, one for the content and another for throwin in that imagery about Bravil :) keep it uup guys.
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:45 PM EDT
    Hmm I haven't played much of dawngaurd but from what you say Serana sounds cool...if a bit co-dependent. +1 point!
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:47 PM EDT
    Aela would win. :)
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:49 PM EDT
    She actually doesn't really need anyone, but people become so protective of her because of the backstory. She actually flirts a little with the character (when you first talk to her about the elder scrolls she says she gets tries to know things that she sleeps with, you can respond with "so are you saying you want to get to know me", she will reply either "not at this rate" or "maybe later, when we're not busy"
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:53 PM EDT
    Hmm be that as it may...she is still a vampire and vampire=emo in a moonborn's mind.
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:54 PM EDT
    I say Serana, she has magic
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 8:55 PM EDT
    She is unbelievably cheery for an emo than (especially for her backstory (I HATE YOU MOLAG BAL!!!!))
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 9:00 PM EDT
    I say Aela, she's a werewolf...besides gotta back up your wife...no matter how much you wish she was Lynly .... *sadface*

No but seriously I think Aela would win she's got strength skill and martial prowess and a well honed animalistic sense of self-preservation that I can only imagine would be some sort of pre-cognition of some sort...don't ask why...maybe from DBZ or something. Plus she's a werewolf :)
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 9:05 PM EDT
    I have no argument for that, haven't played a lot of dawngaurd. I concede defeat on this one :)
    • 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 9:07 PM EDT
    Nikolaj ouch....you're right though :(
    • 88 posts
    March 21, 2013 9:11 PM EDT

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they'd kick my ass as well.

• March 21, 2013 9:34 PM EDT

Lynly Star-Sung has a sexy accent, looks pretty attractive, and will play you a very nice song on her lute if your Speech is high enough. She's the only reason why my characters would ever willingly sleep in that Inn, it's otherwise terrible. It's a shame about her quest though. I agree with Jacob that she would have been a great Marriage candidate.

A lot of people apparently like Sapphire as well. Personally I think she's okay, the main problem being most of my characters won't touch Riften with a ten-foot pole. That's including my thieves.

• 131 posts
    March 21, 2013 10:27 PM EDT

Hmm...this is actually a tough one. I've only married two people in Skyrim on two of my characters, Aela on my main and Camilla on my very first character. Looking over the game I wish there were a few more options but beggars can't be choosers. So here's my 3 choices going from most realistic to least realistic.

1) Ysolda - She's a girl with ambition to become good at trading, which in Skyrim is useful. Though learning trade from the Khajiits is about all she is doing in-game. Adding in the fact she's a redhead too...just sayin'. 

2) Serana - Excuse me while I say some really generic stuff about her. Serana has quite a bit more detail put into her character than any other female in Skyrim (imo). From the time you save her till the fight with her father you can feel a friendship being made. Unlike the other females in the game Serana will talk to you in a more "real" way. Granted of course her dialogue is limited like any other character. Combine her looks, skills, and realism she is one heck of a marriage candidate.

3) Alice - This is one of my made up characters so...yea, kinda impossible. I just through this in as a point that if custom NPCs/Marriage partners were possible (I guess they are on PC) I would have Alice. This character of course would be based off the Alice from the American McGee series. I don't know...I have a thing for emo girls...slightly sad, pale(ish) skin, black hair...*drools*

• 40 posts
    March 21, 2013 10:32 PM EDT
    Lmao +1 point! But don't go gettin any Ideas...Lynly is mine!

As for Saphire....yeah that woman is a dumpster fire of emotional baggage...stay away
    • 1913 posts
    March 21, 2013 10:38 PM EDT
    It seems me an Skyler have a lot in common after all. Redheads? Check. Serana? Check. Emo girls? Check.